Babying the survivors

Options
Neomaster20
Neomaster20 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
edited March 28 in General Discussions

Getting increasingly irritated with this game for 2 main reasons; first and foremost, it feels like the survivors are constantly having their hand help the whole time because they seem to complain about everything. Events have led to the BT basekit change, anti-camping, the recent 3 gen change to limit how much you can regress gens...what have killers gotten AS A WHOLE?!? Not talking 1 or 2 killers being buffed here and there. Second thing I hate is how survivors don't seem to know what the word KILLER means!!! I don't care how I have to kill you, whether that's tunneling, proxy camping, camping at end game, etc. my goal and the point of me playing killer, is to KILL YOU by any means...by the amount of people I get messaging after the game or popping into my stream to tell me how "trash I am at the game..." it seems the community and Behavior as a whole have forgotten that 😒

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 28
    Options

This game attracts a large number of people who think they don't need a license or training to drive a car. They then think that they are good drivers, so they complain about anything that inhibits their self-esteem. Even if they cause an accident, they blame the obstacle, not their own driving skills.

Listen to genuine criticism. Any that doesn't is the sound of fly wings flapping. You see it a lot on this forum, right?

• Ilikechips
    Ilikechips Member Posts: 95
    Options

Don't forget nerfing every single survivor item into the ground.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 243
    Options

Go check the patch notes of 6.1.0 and 6.7.0. Those have everything you needed to know before making this display of entitlement and ignorance.

• xltechno
    Options

Survivors are often the only ones who complain about tactics. So there's no point in asking that question. Rather than using off-board tactics, you should gain experience and learn counter techniques even in one game.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 896
    Options

What?

Not sure if that's a general "you" or a you directed at me but I'm good.

• xltechno
    Options

Most of them have counterplay on the survivor side. Like gen regression to gen rush. So I think they cancel each other out.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,606
    Options

The last year and a half or so has seen many changes that allow killers to be more lethal consistently.

Many of the complaints from survs revolve around how it feels to be hard focused and yeeted on out very early in a trial. That happens from a combination of mistakes on their part/lack of experience, and tactics & strats killers use. I doubt you enjoy the feeling of being directly tunneled as a surv, when it happens early and often.

DBD does take a couple of hundred hours to no longer suck, and a thousand to be good. But what happens when the average player doesn't even get to a hundred hours? A lot of the "hand holding" changes are various attempts for the masses to be able to enjoy the game.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    Options

to add to the list

boost of speed when hit from a killer=massively nerfed

Flashlights=massively nerfed= Also what I think to be a lie was about Epilepsy, it was more killers hated rapid clicks when they was salty and getting wreaked. I mean doctor and dredge I guess should be nerfed because the intense darkness and pink clouds makes me feel distorted

Do not hook me build=massively nerfed

stealth builds builds=iron will/spine chill nerfed

fast vaults=forever bugged because the one time they fix it after a week its back to being hit through windows while fast vaulting

Pallets= Nerfed, lately idk if its me but even if your mashing and see the pull down command the pallet wont drop and even before them vacuum c effect gone

maps= all that has reworked has been killer sided and some maps like knight maps is full of so much clutter to run into but they claim they was removing alot of the clutter.

Yeah survivors surely being babied well for a good while now all of which adds to them getting 2 itsy bitsy and mostly useless base kit (bt and anti face camp) that hardly if ever works. 3 gen fix situation barely helps too because since this 3 gen fix thing came I notice the gens in EVERY map has been spawning really stupidly close to each other already creating automatic 3 gens and killers have been abusing this of lately, surprised this has not been brought up.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 289
    Options

If you want to kill them by ANY MEANS then they have the right to ask for tools to at least try to fight those means.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

You forget the old days with original Undying + 200% regression Ruin. If the survivors were unlucky, they had to cleanse up to 5 Hex Totems. These times were even worse, as literally any killer could do an EZ 4K even against decent survivors. Still, I agree that the balancing today is the best we've ever had. Nevertheless, there is still room for improvement on both sides.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

You should play the way you want. But you shouldn't expect the survivors to love you for the way you play. Unfortunately, bad manners generally occur in PVP games and are not ok. But there's not much we can do about it other than ignore them.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

that's true, but also is completely not related to what we were talking about.

you said that only survivors complain about the other side using tactics. i gave examples of survivor tactics that killers often complain about.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,426
    Options

Don’t forget reducing map sizes also favors one side. Otherwise you nailed it 👏

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,542
    edited March 28
    Options

Nah. I prefer playing killer, but i find survivor to be a brutal and unforgiving experience. Killer can be difficult too but they truly do feel like the power role at the moment. As it should!