How does the "My Little Oni" modifier feels for you?

Options
drsoontm
drsoontm Member Posts: 4,183

I've only played the killer side so far.

The first round was a draw but once I've got the rules, if you forgive the expression : I've stomped.

It's basically hide-and-seek, with intermittent aura-reading for the killer.

I believe it's too hard for survivors.

Comments

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

I've actually had more luck as survivor than killer. 3 gens are pretty quick to do and pallets are still potent.

• SuperMunchkin95
    SuperMunchkin95 Member Posts: 136
    Options

So far i love the concept, I've only played the survivor and i believe it has potential. From what i can tell it may be harder to hit the survivors since they're smaller. The oni was also cool but for survivors who cant do anything on the pallets it didn't give a reason to break the pallets.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

It seems I'll be in the minority here, but I didn't really like it. It is just a silly little mode for April's Fools, but I don't think it is fun or enjoyable to play.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,183
    Options

That was my first match. But once I've realised I should not break pallet's, it made most chases trivially easy.

Exactly.

I don't believe you are in the minority. My opinion of the mode is that's an experience but I didn't enjoy it.

To quote a survivor I've versed: no thrills.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,667
    Options

I just view it as a novelty. I like that they did it and hope they continue to add more experiences like this in the future though. I think alternate game modes are the perfect venue to make daring and bold changes without upsetting anyone. Maybe, just maybe, they will find a game mode that is so fun it may be added as a permanent option or be the seed of an entirely new game.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

It's definitely fun for a few games and laughs.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Hmmm, interesting I was under the impression most people liked it.

I played one game of each role and I'll probably not play it again before it ends.

Honestly, same. I got the player badge, and that is enough for me.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 229
    Options

My Little Oni allowed me to FINALLY get the Left for Dead Achievement. Make of that what you will

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,732
    Options

It hasn't been here for long and I'm already feeling burned out of it. Which honestly is fine because it's only here for 2 days and is serving it's purpose. It's fun for a while then gets old. Perfectly fine for it's purpose and I hope it returns next year maybe for a different killer? It would be interesting if they brought it back every year but changed what killer it was. Maybe next year it'll be My Little Knight or something. Idk that's the first killer that came to mind.

• Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 227
    Options

It's fine for an April Fools joke. It's funny on killer, and I haven't played it on survivor yet, but the novelty of being a tiny survivor is going to be funny.

I respect them for actually making it a mode. They could have just made a My Little Pony joke for April Fools and left it at that, but they actually ran with it. I respect that.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,267
    edited April 1
    Options

I think it's funny, and kind of cute, but the fact that they made it not affect your MMR but you still depip makes it just a one off for me. Once the next patch drops and depipping is finally removed, that will be much better for future events.

But right now, it's just a fact that if you don't sweat and tryhard every match, you risk depipping. Will be so nice to be able to just have fun, rank up at a nice pace.

And before anyone says that "Rank doesn't matter anymore" that's true, but it does matter if you want that bloodpoint bonus on reset every month. That matters to some players, even if it doesn't matter to you.

• Amaroq64
    Amaroq64 Member Posts: 106
    Options

This is the most exciting news the Dead by Daylight community has ever received.