What's the next game mode you want to see?

Options
Nebula
Nebula Member Posts: 1,394

I'm really hoping that the next game mode released (probably around the anniversary if I had to guess), will be more than something you play a couple times and get bored of.

2v8 has been my biggest hope for this game for years now, and they've shown that they'll release these game modifiers without too much thought of balance and that they can modify the maps pretty easily like in the My Little Oni event. Please don't take years to implement game modes that will have long shelf lives. It doesn't have to be balanced, I just want to play killer with my friends. We'll make our own fun from it, it doesn't have to be perfect, just an option.

Comments

• Nebula
    Options

This sounds absolutely hilarious, imagine 2 Huntresses trying to mindgame each other on a rock loop 😂

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,925
    edited April 2
    Options

Some kind of Killer vs. Killer mode would be cool. But I'd like it to be two different killers facing off. Not sure how it would work and I'm not sold on this 2v8 thing everyone's been clamouring about for years.

I think I'd rather something like 2 killers v 5 survivors, but survivors have an edge somehow to offset it, like everyone has basekit Iron Will and Decisive Strike after every hook. First killer to get to 3 kills wins. If the survivors power the exits, then it's the first killer to close the hatch.

Besides both times we've had unique game modes the survivor queues have taken aaages. 2v5 would help offset that.

• TheFragile
    TheFragile Member Posts: 47
    Options

Giant survivors Vs a tiny killer 😂

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

5v5; one killer + their survivors and another killer + their survivors.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

i will up this one:

PEBBLE!

Everyone plays Adam with unlimited Distraction. You gotta hit other Adams with your pebbles.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

I wanted these things back in the actual game, but this is also an excellent idea! I would love it.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

1v8

Survivors die in 2 hooks or can be moried after one

6 gens need to be done

no hatch

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Me too my friend. I’d like to see a permanent game mode for 2v8 I hope we can team up in the fog :)

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

6 gens? Needs to be at least 8 gens.

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 124
    Options

5v5 because I hope that if people are forced to play with the opposite role we end up with much less "us vs them" mentality

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,698
    edited April 2
    Options

2 v 2 v 1 King of the Hill/Domination

Survivors score points for the amount of time they spend working on generators, healing survivors, and unhooking survivors.

2 teams of survivors compete to reach a predetermined amount of points, while the killer acts as an agitator who is really just there to have a good time chasing and hooking survivors—not particularly concerned with the outcome.

Survivors can't die, but the duration they spend on hook beyond 1min causes that team to lose points.
    *Edit: I suppose if 2 survivors from one team are hooked at the same time, they immediately lose a set amount of points and can unhook themselves.

Could probably even make it 3 v 3 with 2 Killers…

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

yes, thanks for that! 💜💜💜

I remember having more fun playing that mode than I did with the arcade mode at the time.

• leafninja
    leafninja Member Posts: 123
    Options

absolutely 2 v 8. I want to be able to run around with a fellow killer in the game

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 515
    Options

The 5v5 mode has been my favorite of the listed ones on the survey. 2v8 might be interesting, too. But I really like the idea of Survivors actually teaming up with a Killer…

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

A last Survivor standing mode would be cool.

Survivors load in and are all exposed. There are no lockers, no gens, and all they can do is stealth and hide. Crows can be alerted even if you crouch walk, Killers have Spies from the Shadows just at a lower range. When a Killer downs a Survivor they can mori them. When one Survivor is left exit gates automatically open and its a mad dash to escape.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,090
    Options

I'll pass on the alternative game modes and stick with the regular mode.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,668
    Options

I've been advocating for alternate game modes for literally years now. So happy to see them finally a reality. Here are a few of my suggestions:

Specific Killer VS Specific Survivor using only their perks at rank 3. For example, The Shape vs Laurie, The Clown vs Kate, or The Pig vs Detective Tapp.

Super Speed: Both killer and survivor have 30% increased runspeed.

Darkest Night:The map is pitch black. Survivors all have flashlights that are permanently in the "on" position. The killer has night vision up to 15 feet.

2 killers vs 6 suvivors

Random 12: Both killer and survivors all have 12 random rank 3 perks.

Back to Basics: No perks, items, or add ons.

Casual Mode: All perks are reduced to rank 1. Items and add ons are restricted to common or uncommon. Offerings are restricted to ones that can increase bloodpoint gain.

Fog of War: Massively reduced information available to both killers and survivors. Killers do not have a terror radius. Survivors do not make scratch marks. All auras are disabled. Killer can't see unfinished generator auras or active hex totem auras or hooked survivors. Survivors can't see slugged or hooked survivors. All perks for both killer and survivor that enable auras have the aura reading components disabled.

Entity's Eyes: Strange wards appear throughout the map. Anyone (killer or survivor) that passes within 10 meters of a ward will have their aura revealed to everyone on the map. The wards periodically change location.

Treasure Hunt: No generators on the map. Lots of locked chests are around the map which the killer can see as auras. Survivors must pick the lock requiring skill checks before opening. Most of the chests give survivors a bloodpoint bonus for opening. One chest per map will have a 25,000 bloodpoint bonus. Exit gates are powered after 10 minute timer and chests can't be unlocked after that timer.

Shopping Spree: Survivors are restricted from bringing items into the match and there are no chests to loot. However, there are 2 zombie vendors that spawn in the match. As survivors and killers perform actions that earn bloodpoints, they also earn another form of currency. They can go to the zombie vendors to purchase items and add ons of their choice. Killers can purchase temporary bonus buffs such as 60 seconds 5% movement increase, 40 seconds survivors have exposed status, etc.

Totally Random: All Perks, Items, Add Ons, and Offerings are randomly chosen. Perks are chosen from all possible perks and are at rank 3 (regardless whether the player has unlocked the perk or what rank the player's perks are currently at). Items, Add Ons, and Offerings are chosen from all possible options minus event specific offerings. These Items, Add Ons, and Offerings do not consume the player's resources. They are provided by the entity.

Infection:8 players join a lobby. When the match starts, one is randomly selected to be a random killer with no perks or add ons. The remaining 7 are survivors with no perks or items. There are no hooks on the map, but the killer can Mori survivors in the dying state. Once a survivor is killed they will respawn as a random killer with no perks or add ons. Killers that successfully Mori a survivor earn 1,000 BP. The longer a survivor lives, the larger the bloodpoint bonus at the end.
    First Survivor Killed earns 2500 BP
    Second Survivor Killed earns 3000 BP
    Third Survivor Killed earns 5000 BP
    Fourth Survivor Killed earns 7000 BP
    Fifth Survivor Killed earns 10,000 BP
    Sixth Survivor Killed earns 15,000 BP
    Last Survivor Killed earns 20,000 BP
    Randomly Selected Killer earns 10,000 BP
    Survivors can work on generators, but it takes completion of all 7 generators to power the exit gate. Any survivors that actually escape via the exit gate earn the standard 5,000 BP. Survivors aren't realistically going to escape, nor is it really the goal. The real goal is to be the last survivor alive.

3 Life Survivors: Survivors have 3 "lives". When the killer catches and puts them on a hook the survivor loses 1 life and is put in a ghost world for 45 seconds after losing the first life and 30 seconds after losing the second life. While the survivor is in the ghost world they can not interact with any objects other than ones that can be vaulted. The world appears black and white and the survivor can not see or touch the other players. They can, however, move at 85% normal move speed to explore the map to find the locations of generators, chests, and totems (though ghost players can not tell the difference between active and inactive totems). The survivor will also earn some bloodpoints for distance traveled in the ghost world.
    After the timer is up the survivor will appear on a random hook at least 32 meters away from the killers current location. The survivor on the hook will see the shroud indication from Insidious around them. This indicates that the killer can not see them on the hook. In fact, the hook that the survivor is on will appear broken to the killer. Other survivors can see the aura of the hooked survivor and unhook them normally at which point they are back in the game. While a survivor is hooked there is no progress meter and there is no struggle phase. Survivors can attempt to free themselves from the hook, but the baseline success chance is 0% for the first attempt and increases by 1% for each attempt after. Attempts for the survivor to free themselves will take 4 seconds. If all the survivors are either dead, in ghost world time out, or hooked then the killer wins. Survivors hooked in the basement are sent to the ghost world for an additional 30 seconds. Perk Slippery Meat is locked in this game mode (since it wouldn't really do anything).

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options
  • GeneralV
    Options

Unfortunately it seems none of the modifiers will be permanent, at least for now, but I know I would love 2v8 while it lasted!

Just imagine the possibilities, my friend.

• Nebula
    Options

Puzzle Kombat was actually one of my favorite things in the world as a kid, that nostalgia just hit deep

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options
  • adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 905
    Options

2v8 and amogus mode

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 692
    Options

I always enjoy the random perk modes when they appear in the tomes, so maybe something along those lines would be cool.

But I'm mostly content to see what BHVR come up with next. I honestly wasn't expecting the My Little Oni mode and it's been the most fun mode so far.

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 171
    Options

"the final girl" - 3 surv men - 1 surv woman

• it's a "normal" game, but men (who play with the perks they want and the objects they want) die on the first hook. the girl instead plays without perks, but has the normal hook stages. The aim of the game is to make the girl escape, if the girl escapes the whole team has won... if the girl dies the game is over and the killer wins

• Mooks
    Options

let’s make it more inclusive and not as conservative please.

Have it be the obsession and not a female survivor. Maybe restrict perks to not change obsession or some other restrictions.

after all we might get some non-binary survivors in the future and there are women getting killed on your typical final girl movies as well! (And I am sure there are final boy horror movies?)

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

I wana see a classic gamemode with old perks, old maps and old aesthetics (maybe old killer designs). Then it should switch between some eras every time it reappears.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    edited April 3
    Options

My billy and your freddy. We got it. Lol. @radiantHero23 on pig or sadako would be nice to see to. 2v8 just sounds cool on paper actually being able to work together.

Billy and Sadako team up to show survivors true pain.

Post edited by supersonic853 on
  • 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

hide and seek

in other words double iri michael chasing survs around

but genuinely id play dredge for it and enjoy it so much

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

2v8. Nothing more nothing less.

And I hope it'll stay there permanently.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,409
    Options

Everyone is hoping for some kind of 2v8 or the like, seen this request the most by far over the years.

Dunno how it would run on a Switch or the consoles though, they couldn't even get a third zom zom for Nemesis to perform acceptablely....

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,787
    Options

5v5 capture the flag type game would be cool

• Mooks
    Options

I never meant to accuse them of malicious intent and by the response I don’t think they did either. That’s your interpretation.

I just saw the suggestion and thought it’s unnecessarily restrictive when the Final Girl trope doesn’t need to be focused on the girl part(!!!) and if there was a non-binary survivor introduced they would just be excluded from this mode?
    also with the classic Final Girl there is almost always the (female) best friend (Rose McGowan as Tatum Riley or Sarah Michelle Gellar as Helen Suivers) which wouldn’t be featured in the game mode where one final girl always plays with 3 male survivors.

I really liked the idea and brought it a little further into a more fitting and realistic take.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    Options

All Traps. Killer is Trapper and the map is covered in 100s of pre-set traps like a maze.

• GeneralV
    Options

Fun fact: I actually had a Freddy + Billy team up before, when the 2 killers glitch used to happen.

I know they are effective together. But actually having this mode in the game would be awesome!

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 372
    Options

TAG:

1v1 you play both sides of the matchup. There would be custom maps made for this. You could get 2 chances and longest survival time wins. (Add this to custom maps too)