Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are killers still scarred by Dead Hard?

WolfyWood
WolfyWood Member Posts: 451

Every now and then I'll get a killer that super respects Dead Hard and then humps/headshakes without fail.

I'm just confused as to why the perk is still so hated that it triggers this reaction often enough to be noticeable.

Should the perk be changed again?

Comments

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

Its fine how it is right now.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

PTSD from old dead hard I think it's fine and still a strong choice. Before you load into a map and pray first chase isn't deadhard and it's not like other exhaustion perks that are more frontloaded. You just had to assume that first chase could go very bad if they use DH well and you won't know until you're about to down them.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

I still hate it because you can’t fake throw a hatchet, it’s literally a free escape and has no counter play. Nothing quite as annoying than seeing a survivor dead hard a 40 meter hatchet. But at the same time they don’t have it till they get hooked so meh. Anytime I see a dead hard I always say “bro what year is it?”

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 803
    edited April 4

as pyramid head player

Yes I’m definitely scared of something I no longer have to deal with because I can outright deny it by holding the ctrl key

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

People are just emotionally unstable. It's not your perk

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 615

Dead Hard is fine now. I do this too. The reason for me is because the perk has still a high pickrate and if you hit into the DH, you will lose so much time. It is not hating or anything, it is just baiting to be safe.

I play also survivor and use DH and see some killers do the same - they wait a moment or do the headshaking.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

Residual trauma. Dead hard doesn’t need anymore adjustments.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,536

It is an old habit.

• TheycallmeLix
    TheycallmeLix Member Posts: 334

try to play as a David main thinking mid chase if they gonna respect it or not, and usually they respect it a lot 😂 but killers never hump me for it but the headshakes are there yeah which just makes me laugh everytime 😂

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,828
    edited April 5

It’s still annoying and unfun to deal with. It’s healthier and I don’t think it needs any more adjustment right now, but I can understand people not liking it, especially when in some scenarios it’s still uncounterable.

Also the fact it is still very common and brings out PTSD from previous versions.

Personally I would change it again just because I still hate playing against it, but that’s mostly bias haha. It doesn’t need any changes right now and there’s more important things to adjust.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

On North American servers, the number of DH users is very small even at present, but on Asian servers, it is so popular that one out of two people still bring it. Even with stricter activation conditions, once you succeed in the "right place", it has the power to move a match in a big way. Feints to activate it first are still rampant, as multiple hits with it will almost always end the game for killers other than Nurse and Bright.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

Dead Hard is okay now. It still sucks to go against, but it is not as suffocatingly common as it used to be.

I still wish killers had better perks to inflict Exhaustion though.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359

still has no counterplay, only balanced because its limited to 2 uses

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

PTSD. This perk is forever burned in the collective killer consciousness and any successful DH will just reopen old wounds and dark memories. I hate myself everytime I fall for a dumb, baited DH when a wounded survivor turns midchase and tries to run past me and survivors seem to be starting using it more and more again. The horror. But I successfully saw past and baited out loads of DH these past couple of weeks, too. It doesn`t feel triumphand, though, more like an inevitable doom that passed by me … for now, but thats just patiently waiting to ruin my day again, soon. This game will never be free of DHs deathgrip. shudders

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,010

you have to respect dh just the law of the land. E!!

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Being cautious is fear? If the survivor is out in the open it doesn't hurt to wait a second to swing.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

I don't think it deserves nerfs, but it is still game ender when it activates

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Trauma very much still trauma

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,944

The perk is fine. What you say just describes the impact this one perk had on the game. Trying to bait out dh has engrained itself in many killers playstyles. They cant get rid of it.

Goes to show, how unhealthy the "counterplay" of this perk was and sadly still is.

Its fine because the amount of times a killer has to deal with it has been drastically reduced.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Scared? So trying to outplay perk that has very powerfull effect and can make chases nightmare is something negative killers shouldn't be doing or what is this title? :D

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 533

the perk has literally been terrorizing us killers for almost a decade lmao

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

ya gotta love how Killer’s still get DeadHarded like that

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,672

Dead hard will always be a perk that makes a comeback into the spotlight and the meta. It's a perk that gets the most value when killers forget that it exists, mainly when killers are lunging regularly at longer distances.

Of course killers hate it. It doesn't matter that it's one of the most restricted perks in the entire game, and heavily depends on both ping and player timing on top of that. Any survivor perk that both gets value and means killers might have to think about anything during chase is gonna get constant complaining.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I mean god dh validation + CoH at 100% leaves me tilted just thinking about it. I've used dh since it's rework into a endurance perk and I still feel bitter. I played blight who was one of the few killers with actual counter play towards dh and I still feel bitter.

Nothing will ever top going against a 500 ping survivor, perfectly predicting their dh, phasing through them, turning around during fatigue, finishing fatigue and watching that survivor then animate the dh.

The initial stage after the god validation update was leaving the killer in place at an invisibile hitbox swipping the blood off your blade as the survivor made distance, they eventually changed it to be a missed hit cd but you sitll got stuck on a non-existent hit box that so heavily pitied survivors it was laughable.

From the god update until april the next year I felt no mercy when running alch-ring every game into the same "high mmr survivor bots" all running the exact same perks and playing the exact same way.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

I'm throwing in another vote for PTSD. DH hasn't been an issue for a long time now but dealing with it with hit validation and old COH was so miserable it's hard to put it into words.