The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Need help from a fellow Spirit main

I’ve been doing poorly lately, and I don’t know what it is, survivors are escaping from me easier and I don’t know what to do.

My build is Ruin, BBQ, NC, SB/Discordance.

I would do really well with her getting 4ks and 3ks if two gens were completed, but now I’m falling short with 0 kills at the endgame.

Any advice?

Comments

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

How are chases going for you?

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Some tips (but you sound better than me):

Approach gens from a distance using Haunting. You can hear it working and if you rub the gen, you know which side the survivor is working as it's blocked

Her power is okay but strong add-ons make it great. You don't have to use the best ones, but even yellow ones make a difference in how much use you're able to get out of it

No TR-increasing addons. You will extend the area of her haunting sound and they will hear you coming from further away, alerting them to escape

Fake power-use by standing still and sometimes they run back into you

Stridor to hear breathing/cries during Haunting?

• MissJuliette
    MissJuliette Member Posts: 13

I'm a spirit main. I run:

Bbq, for blood points and auras

Rancor, for auras

Nurses, for auras

Ruin, to slow the game down

I find I can easily 4k, IF I'm say rank 11/12 and not less. If I go under, I find it difficult. Maybe you're too high rank for your skill level? I'm a pretty good player but I don't want to rank up too quickly as it becomes too sweaty and toxic. I'm happy at the worse ranks :)

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163

Kinda poor, blood and scratch marks are screwing me over as killer, it’s worst in haunting.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

My build works surprisingly well. It’s Rancor, Slobby Butcher, Distressing, and Hex: No One Escapes Death.

I’m using H:NOED because I don’t have anything else on her. Once I level her up more though, I’m gonna replace it with BBQ or STBFL.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    edited March 2019

Use Father’s Glasses Mother Daughter Ring and Bloodhound if you have trouble with tracking. But only phase after you injure the Survivor, because I believe you can’t see scratch marks with Father’s Glasses Mother Daughter Ring.

Or you could just use Stridor.

Post edited by Ajritoka on
  • Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

for spirit I run BBQ, Save the Best for Last, Make Your Choice/ Devour Hope, Monitor

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

You should drop Nurse's and do BBQ, Ruin, Sloppy, and Discordance. Using Sloppy and Nurse's isn't really that good because Sloppy basically says to survivors "don't bother healing" and I'm betting you are wasting a lot of time trying to catch them healing when they just push through gens while injured.

You could also try BBQ, Nurse's, Ruin, Haunted Grounds. Ruin + HG is a really strong combo and can get you a strong lead at the start of the game.

IDK what add-ons you are using but IMO the best combos are duration/speed or duration/recovery. First helps with map pressure while the second is better for a chase. Green add-ons > everything else. Avoid over using Amulet, it is overrated IMO. It's better to save those for when you run PB or MR.

My build is BBQ, Sloppy, Thana, and Stridor. Sloppy + Thana is a really strong combo that can slow the game better than Ruin, but it requires a bit more skill to pull off. Sloppy says "don't bother healing" while Thana says "you really should heal before doing anything" so survivors are caught in a bit of a catch 22 once you get 2 or 3 injured. Stridor is great on Spirit because it makes up for the only drawback to phase walk. You don't need blood or scratches to track, you just use sound and survivors can't hide it like they can an aura for Nurse's or something. It also hard counters Iron Will, which itself is a hard counter to phase walk. This is all on top of good synergy with Sloppy/Thana combo (since they will be injured for longer periods of time and therefore will always be making noise). Then finally BBQ is there to quickly acquire a new target quickly after a hook. Once you get a snowball going with this build it can be near impossible for survivors to recover. Sloppy/Thana slows down the game, BBQ and Stridor make it super hard to hide from you while injured. Maybe give it a chance and see how you like it, but it might take a few games before you get used to it. Playing without Ruin can be frustrating if you can't land hits and keep them injured, but the fact it can't be taken away is where the power comes from.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@KillerRaccoon I think you mistake Father's Glasses for Mother-Daughter Ring. Father's Glasses does let you see scratchmarks.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Did you try stridor with predator? It's extremely good on Spirit :) Very underrated combo.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Very underrated. You should put whispers on spirit too.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

I highly recommend using Predator as the Spirit. Default scratch marks can throw you off if you aren’t smart but Predator tightens them up and gives you a direct line to where a Survivor is. If you use it every game though, you’ll find it feels mandatory and have trouble playing without it. I made that mistake myself.

Aura stuff is useless in my personal opinion, as she can’t see auras while haunting.

Mind games out the ass with this Killer - you can stand completely still and pretend you’re haunting to make them abandon the loop or run into you, you can stand at a window and pretend to be vaulting, you can even stand at a hook just after putting a Survivor on it and wait a moment in case someone tries to pull them off thinking you’re not there.

Besides all that, you just gotta get good and hope the survivors you’re facing haven’t gotten good.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Are you using headphones? Unless they are using iron will you can easily catch up to injured ones phasing even when they try to mask their scratch marks. Not to mention spirit is very good at anti looping and mindgames. Suicidefox gave you some nice suggestions for the perks, I am using similar builds and it usually works.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I main Spirit at rank 1. I quite highly recommend BBQ, MYC and Ruin as pseudo requirements. You need Ruin for the time and BBQ with MYC is godly on her. I ping pong from hook to down, back and forth. It doesn't give them a chance to breath and you aren't camping anything. Last slot is up to you. Sloppy, Discordance and Stridor are all good options. I personally run Stridor as the last as she is all about the hearing.

The scratch marks are just there to get you in the general direction, your primary tool is hearing. This is why I like Stridor so much and why you also need good headphones.

If you ever see the scratch marks end, break phase. They are probably doubling back on you or slow walking another direction. Feel for the "bump" which is when you run into them mid phasing, especially during a double back. You can also get a lot of free hits by fake phasing. At windows or pallets just stand there for a sec and pretend to phase. You'll get a lot of free hits out of this or they'll at least have spaced themselves far enough from the pallet slow walking.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

I run:

Stridor - a must have for me, works really well on her

BBQ - for that sweet BPs and reconnaissance after the hook

M&A - works good on her, you can sometimes grab the survivor off the generator if he is at the edge of your TR. Switch to Discordance if you don't like it

Discordance or Corrupt Intervention (not out yet, will be good on her).