What are your hopes for the next licensed killer?

Sandt21
Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
edited December 2018 in General Discussions
I love that there are licensed killers in this game, I really do. There’s just something awesome about playing as your favorite movie slasher. Like most people, I have a few that I’d love to see in Dead By Daylight..

Jason Voorhees (The Undead), with Camp Crystal Lake as the map, and Tommy Jarvis as the survivor.

The Creeper (The Monster), with the the last town in the first Jeepers Creepers movie as the map, and Trish Jenner as the survivor. 

Chucky (The Toy), with either Andy’s childhood apartment building or the PlayPals Good Guys factory as the map, and Andy Barclay as the survivor.

Ghostface (The Actor), with Woodsboro High School as the map, and Sidney Prescott as the survivor.

The Xenomorph (The Alien), with the Nostromo as the map, and Ellen Ripley as the survivor.

Your thoughts? Also, who’d I miss?

Comments

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Jeepers Creepers in this game=I will quit forever, I won't support a game that endorses a pedophile ######### director.

• Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    The Legion = Ghostface, basically. But that doesn't mean they won't put them in. The Creeper no because of the whole director thing. Xenomorph no due to the fact every killer the devs said will be humanoid. Jason is complicated. Chucky wouldn't work with hooks because hes to small.
  • Sandt21
    Peanits said:

I always thought Chucky would be cool. There's so much potential for powers there. There could be Good Guy dolls around the map that he could possess, leaving behind one to take control of another. Having Andy's apartment as the map would be neat. You could have two or three floors connected by fire escapes and elevator shafts.

I don't think a xenonmorph would fit, though. As much as the genres are the same, it would be completely different thematically. It would look totally out of place in any other DBD map, and all of the other killers would look out of place on the Nostromo.

Oh, Peanuts, it’s always such a treat when you join our conversations. 

I think the Xenomorph could work. It’s bipedal, so it’s human looking enough. And yes, the Nostromo is a sci-if spaceship, but it’s a 70s sci-fi, so it think the lack of it being that too futuristic could fit in the game per say, and it would be visually striking enough to really be a breath of fresh air compared to other maps.

As for the Xenomorph’s power, either give him the ability to switch between standing and fast crawling, or maybe even an acid power. Like, a new type of trap where you spit acid on the floor and whoever steps on it has 30-60 seconds to preform a mending action, or they’ll get injured, or downed if they are already injured
  • Sandt21
    edited December 2018
    Mashtyx1 said:
    The Legion = Ghostface, basically. But that doesn't mean they won't put them in. The Creeper no because of the whole director thing. Xenomorph no due to the fact every killer the devs said will be humanoid. Jason is complicated. Chucky wouldn't work with hooks because hes to small.
    The Xenomorph is bipedal, so it’s human looking enough. Plus, all it’s cosmetic skins could be other classes of Xenomorphs.

Chucky could use his voodo to possess people, and control their bodies, so they could throw themselves on the hook 
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    I'd love a Mannequin-like Killer, that has decoy Mannequins to place around the map, which it could inhabit and be used as a jumpscare tactics as well as give it map pressure. Would have a small number to place as well a range in which to place each one

Could be seen as a Spirit/Hag mix.  Would have a very odd way of moving, not sure on what kind of Perks it would have..but it's a start
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Chucky doll transfer would be scary it'd be like Hag traps only more scary because you could see them perhaps.

• Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    @Sandt21 Sure but wasn't there a live stream were the devs said no dolls? 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

@Sandt21 said:
    Peanits said:

I always thought Chucky would be cool. There's so much potential for powers there. There could be Good Guy dolls around the map that he could possess, leaving behind one to take control of another. Having Andy's apartment as the map would be neat. You could have two or three floors connected by fire escapes and elevator shafts.

I don't think a xenonmorph would fit, though. As much as the genres are the same, it would be completely different thematically. It would look totally out of place in any other DBD map, and all of the other killers would look out of place on the Nostromo.

I think the Xenomorph could work. It’s bipedal, so it’s human looking enough. And yes, the Nostromo is a sci-if spaceship, but it’s a 70s sci-fi, so it think the lack of it being that too futuristic could fit in the game per say, and it would be visually striking enough to really be a breath of fresh air compared to other maps.

As for the Xenomorph’s power, either give him the ability to switch between standing and fast crawling, or maybe even an acid power. Like, a new type of trap where you spit acid on the floor and whoever steps on it has 30-60 seconds to preform a mending action, or they’ll get injured, or downed if they are already injured

I just think it would be out of place, is all. It's not that it's not bipedal, it's just that a xenomorph would look a little silly waddling around on his ski resort vacation, or visiting a carnival. It would also look a little silly to have a big burly man walking around with his collection of rusty bear traps on a spaceship, or for a clown to be tossing bottle of silly juice around there. All the other chapters merge together fairly well, but sci-fi is a huge leap from the stuff we've got in-game right now.

• Sandt21
    Mashtyx1 said:
    @Sandt21 Sure but wasn't there a live stream were the devs said no dolls? 
    Oh I wasn’t aware. That’s a shame. Chucky could have had a tiny terror radius, for obvious reasons.
  • Sandt21
    Peanits said:

@Sandt21 said:
    Peanits said:

I just think it would be out of place, is all. It's not that it's not bipedal, it's just that a xenomorph would look a little silly waddling around on his ski resort vacation, or visiting a carnival. It would also look a little silly to have a big burly man walking around with his collection of rusty bear traps on a spaceship, or for a clown to be tossing bottle of silly juice around there. All the other chapters merge together fairly well, but sci-fi is a huge leap from the stuff we've got in-game right now.

Off topic, I’m really surprised we’ve made it this far without someone completely shooting down the idea of Jason Voorhees, who the devs have started will always have an open invitation to DbD
  • Tbh i‘d quite like Pyramid Head as a killer
  • Sandt21
    Tbh i‘d quite like Pyramid Head as a killer
    I doubt Konami would play ball because, gonna quote Jim Sterling here, “Because Konami is Konami, and Konami is the worst”
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Oh darn it's late and I misread this thread xD I gave a response for an original Killer.... :'(

As for licensed, Pinhead would easily be my 1st pick or Krampus from the movie .

Pinhead could leave puzzle traps to solve, causing damage if you fail heavily. His weapons would be his chain, for a short to medium range hit, but have a mini stun for whiffed ones at a further distance.

Krampus would make use of different demented toys, maybe a pounce attack?
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2018

@Sandt21 said:

Ghostface (The Actor), with Woodsboro High School as the map, and Sidney Prescott as the survivor.

Ghostface = Legion
    But we also got Hillbilly before Leatherface, but after the community backlash about Legion, I doubt they will reuse that concept.

What did you miss?

Gremlins

With Billy Peltzer as survivor, with Gizmo sticking out of his backpack.^^

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Pumpkinhead, for sure.

• Sandt21
    Wolf74 said:

@Sandt21 said:

Ghostface = Legion
    But we also got Hillbilly before Leatherface, but after the community backlash about Legion, I doubt they will reuse that concept.

What did you miss?

Gremlins

That needs to happen!!!
  • branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295
    Unfortunately, licensed killers cost money and I think we may have seen the last of these killers, though hope I am wrong
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

@powerbats said:
    Chucky doll transfer would be scary it'd be like Hag traps only more scary because you could see them perhaps.

@Nikkiwhat said:
    I'd love a Mannequin-like Killer, that has decoy Mannequins to place around the map, which it could inhabit and be used as a jumpscare tactics as well as give it map pressure. Would have a small number to place as well a range in which to place each one

Could be seen as a Spirit/Hag mix.  Would have a very odd way of moving, not sure on what kind of Perks it would have..but it's a start

Identity V presents your their default killer, The Hell Amber:
    Its a default speed killer that can place down or throw 2 dolls to act as sentry wards, they hightlight/ reveal aura of survivors in visible locations 360° around them. he can swap positions with those dolls at any time, but the game features quite long cooldowns on these kind of abilities.
    as a secondary power he gets some sort of rage meter that fills when survivors do the "gens" in that game, it enables him to buff those dolls to walk around and attack survivors they come across, their movement is quite random, checking on gens or simply walking walking from tile to tile, until they home in on visible survivors. after swapping positions, they lose that buff.
    ( i should mention that the dolls are even bigger than the hell Amber who himself is kinda comparable to the trapper)

I guess thats quite how a mannequinn / "chucky with dolls" killer should work in dbd, right?
    Obviously Identity V is a different game with different balance issues, so who knows if such a concept would be appliable to dbd's sparse use of keys ( hell amber on pc client uses 5 buttons for its skillset because its been imported from mobile touch controls.

Other than that i guess chucky would need either a size upgrade or "have his pov higher than he is" or get straight up 3rd person view, because in default killer POV he'D be lower than crouching pig, which is already atrocious enough.

Other than that, Pyramid head would be nice, but SH5's Boogeyman would fit DBD so much better than ol triangle boy.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    Pumpkinhead (Demon of vengeance)
  • Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Always Pumpkin head.

However, Steve Harrington/Demo-gorgon would be amazing!!!
    As would TallMan / Reggie Bannister!!!
    Captain Blake / Stevie Wayne (potential for a fog mechanic killer would be rad! True blindness!)

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Sandt21 said:
    Tbh i‘d quite like Pyramid Head as a killer
    I doubt Konami would play ball because, gonna quote Jim Sterling here, “Because Konami is Konami, and Konami is the worst”
    Apart from the fact there going broke and as such need the money the devs would pay for James and pyramid head
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

@powerbats said:

@Nikkiwhat said:

Identity V presents your their default killer, The Hell Amber:
    Its a default speed killer that can place down or throw 2 dolls to act as sentry wards, they hightlight/ reveal aura of survivors in visible locations 360° around them. he can swap positions with those dolls at any time, but the game features quite long cooldowns on these kind of abilities.
    as a secondary power he gets some sort of rage meter that fills when survivors do the "gens" in that game, it enables him to buff those dolls to walk around and attack survivors they come across, their movement is quite random, checking on gens or simply walking walking from tile to tile, until they home in on visible survivors. after swapping positions, they lose that buff.
    ( i should mention that the dolls are even bigger than the hell Amber who himself is kinda comparable to the trapper)

I guess thats quite how a mannequinn / "chucky with dolls" killer should work in dbd, right?
    Obviously Identity V is a different game with different balance issues, so who knows if such a concept would be appliable to dbd's sparse use of keys ( hell amber on pc client uses 5 buttons for its skillset because its been imported from mobile touch controls.

Other than that i guess chucky would need either a size upgrade or "have his pov higher than he is" or get straight up 3rd person view, because in default killer POV he'D be lower than crouching pig, which is already atrocious enough.

Other than that, Pyramid head would be nice, but SH5's Boogeyman would fit DBD so much better than ol triangle boy.

Lol he is the boogyman just he's red there not
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

We need Jason and Chucky, I am gonna go with Chucky now.

Leatherface, Myers, Jason, Freddy, Chucky, and Ghostface are the most well known killers in the USA and outside of it. We need them.

Though Jason is more popular, I think they can make Chucky really scary and fun to play as and against.

• Chuckyyo
    Chuckyyo Member Posts: 65

Most of my favorites won't make it, I think :(

Ghostface has always been my biggest wish, bit Legion is pretty similar to that idea, so I don't think we'll get him. Jason would be super awesome, but I doubt it because of the Friday game. I also love the idea of Pyramid Head, but no idea how realistic that is...

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@Wolf74 said:

@Sandt21 said:

Ghostface = Legion

What did you miss?

Gremlins

Ey, I want Gremlins too!!! I need Gizmo in the backpack!!!

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I would like the Creeper if it wasn't for the fact that the one who holds the rights is scum, I don't want it, don't want to give the bastard money.

Other than this I would love to have my boy Jason, Candyman and of course, Pumpkinhead

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

In my idea I dont want a movie killer, but a different game killer, like my boi chris walker or wallrider

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Sandt21 said:
    Mashtyx1 said:
    The Xenomorph is bipedal, so it’s human looking enough. Plus, all it’s cosmetic skins could be other classes of Xenomorphs.

Chucky could use his voodo to possess people, and control their bodies, so they could throw themselves on the hook 
    The gen rush would be real while he was doing all his dem bella ######### and begging for power
  • jjf1232
    jjf1232 Member Posts: 1
    Sandt21 said:
    I love that there are licensed killers in this game, I really do. There’s just something awesome about playing as your favorite movie slasher. Like most people, I have a few that I’d love to see in Dead By Daylight..

Jason Voorhees (The Undead), with Camp Crystal Lake as the map, and Tommy Jarvis as the survivor.

The Creeper (The Monster), with the the last town in the first Jeepers Creepers movie as the map, and Trish Jenner as the survivor. 

Chucky (The Toy), with either Andy’s childhood apartment building or the PlayPals Good Guys factory as the map, and Andy Barclay as the survivor.

The Xenomorph (The Alien), with the Nostromo as the map, and Ellen Ripley as the survivor.

The creeper would be like jeepers creepers due to the director who has done horrible things and owning the rights they refuse to work with him and it's hard to see how Chucky would work as they have said they won't put dolls in the game 
  • Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    edited February 2019

Chucky would be amazing. I'd main him so fast if everyone's favourtie strangler and best friend forever was added. Besides him I would love to see Pinhead, Candyman, Sadako, Bela Lugosi Dracula, and Alma from F.E.A.R.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

Jason
    (So even though Jason got his own game I'd still like to see Jason in DBD , in some form or another.)

Charles Lee Ray
    (Chucky)
    (Idk why but every time i explain to people on the DBD forms/reddit/steam/twitch everyone thinks Chucky is impossible when it's rather simple to bring Charles into DBD. All the devs have to do is say the entity grabbed him from the real world as he was transferring his soul into the GoodGuy doll in the store.
    Since Charles was desperate for a quick escape he couldnt fight/resist against the entity's grasp as he tried putting his soul into the doll... THEREFORE he's dragged in spirit LIKE BILL and is plopped into the DBD realm as a killer. WOW, so hard.) But yes i knwo the devs have to get the license for him to and this also dictates which version of chucky we'd get too.

Any other Slasher before Ghostface
    I personally just do not like ghostface and do not think he'll be a worthy addition to DBD as of right now.
    We already have Michael and Legion and i DEFINITELY DO NOT want another killer in a white mask with a butter knife chasing me around in the entity's realm.
    For now lets get other licensed killers that are designed differently and have something more to offer please and thanks

*VIDEO GAME SLASHERS

**Jacket or Biker **
    (Hotline Miami)

Hotline Miami, id buy this DLC for anyone if the devs made this dlc happen.
    Also hotline miami has a ######### amazing OST

**Sweet Tooth **
    ( Twisted Metal Black)

Id prefer Twisted Metal Black version of ST because he's the perfect kind of killer for the entity because he's the definition of a Psychopath.

****Missionary **
    (SILENT HILL 3)

So avoiding what most people fans/non fans always ask for from this series is Pyramid Head, i thought id suggest something better yet achievable.

The reason i do not want PH in DBD is because he's been thrown into multiple other SH games for no reason other than fan service, even in the movies, he shows up and has no relation to the characters.
    So instead of dragging his image through the mud into this game , we should look at other monsters from the SH world.
    KONAMI might never let BHVR get the rights to Pyramid head so im planning for a monster that's just as freakish if not more unsettling than Pyramid head... -Missionary

Spoilers aside Missionary is basically a mini boss and you must fight him as Heather in SH3, to be honest i cant even explain what he is because it's almost as if he's a man with a weird bag over his head or the bag is his weirdly mutated/deformed head that twitches and pulsates.

Scissorman
    (Clocktower)

Oldie but a Goodie, he's a very old killer from a PS game series and i would love to see him remastered in DBD, plus his chase theme is kind of spooky.

Nemesis (Resident Evil 3)/ Tyrant (RE1) / Tyrant-Mr. X (RE2)

I honeslty think NEMESIS would be the best version of the tyrants from the RE series because it would be easy to drag him and Brad Vickers into the DBD realm due to what happens between them in RE3. Plus im trying to work around making the license affordable for the devs because getting the survivor as Jill Valentine could be expensive.

Im avoiding Mr.X as my go to for anything related because it's became this obnoxious meme now and people all of a sudden want Mr.X in DBD even myself and liek 6 others have asked for a RE crossover chapter way back in 2016 and back then no one cared lol but after RE2 Remake comes out everyone is aboard the bandwagon. SMFH

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

Pinhead.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Candyman.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

@MhhBurgers said:
    Jeepers Creepers in this game=I will quit forever, I won't support a game that endorses a pedophile ######### director.

Not_queen stated that Jeepers Creepers is out of the question. They don't plan to pursue anything with that franchise.

• rounder247
    rounder247 Member Posts: 48

With how popular comics are why not license a comic killer and superhero. You could go for a lex Luther and Clark Kent duo or Joker/ Bruce Wayne perhaps?

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I will stand by Sammael from Hellboy, it would be unique and intresting plus, having a quadruped would be great!

• IceD34ler
    IceD34ler Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2019

Pumpkinhead (The Demon), Chucky (The Doll) (M2 for jumping on survivors shoulder and stabbing like crazy) and a non-licensed but maybe some sort of psychopath killer that can take control of one survivor temporarily, using a screwdriver from the toolbox to attack other survivors (The Psychopath). That'd be neat.

Oh and maybe a Pinhead from Hellraiser and Samara from The Ring?

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

I still want Pudge from Dota 2.

• Inggard
    Inggard Member Posts: 15

The devs could do a fantastic work for chucky like instead of putting people on shoulder he could drag them on the ground and for hooks I have two ideas: 1 put a ladder on the hook, chucky go up 2 or 3 step and boom on the hook or 2 his hooks would be tiny and retractable, they would be near the groud chucky could put them on it and the hook extant to the normal height. That could be a fantastic project for the devs.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Ghostface with Sidney Prescott.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I hope for a viable killer.

I am ready for disapointment though

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553
    Phantom of the Opera
  • Ryvix
    Ryvix Member Posts: 5

I'm gonna be real with you I don't give a DAMN what the directer of jeepers creepers did, yes it was screwed up I don't deny that, I don't like him at all but that doesn't mean that all of a sudden I don't like one of my favorite horror movies of all time. Jeepers Creepers is a classic and I'd welcome the creeper as a killer

Y'all wouldn't stop watching a nightmare on elm street if hard evidence popped up today that Wes Craven was a pedophile, you'd still watch the movie, so stop being hypocrites

• JasonTrent1297
    JasonTrent1297 Member Posts: 34

Scream is my dream chapter. I hope the existence of Legion doesn't mean that Ghostface won't show up. They'd be a very welcomed addition.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

One word: Candyman.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

The Tank from L4D.

• TheRealDweard
    TheRealDweard Member Posts: 148

Ghost face!!!

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

this ladies and gentleman, is genious. we need this kind of killer in the game. It would make it first of all SCARY, you will be on your toes the whole time, and it's kinda original.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

I'd love to see Samuel L. Jackson swinging away at survivors...why not? He's in everything else.