If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Any Unknown mains here? What’s your favourite build?

Options
OmegaXII
OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,173

My personal favourite is the maximum surprise build, with Thrilling Tremors, Dark Devotion, Unforseen & Agitation.

I have so much fun with this build, as I can always jump-scare Survivors from the most unexpected angle LOL.

So what’s your build? I wanna try something new!

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,322
    Options

His main power is M2 shots. That means his perk diversity is bit small.

So I just run standart stuff because what else would I run unless you run meme builds.

Perks are pretty stale, 2x for M2 power killers.

• Slurpin
    Slurpin Member Posts: 106
    Options

Against more aware survivors, his M2 is more useful as a zoning tool when they have distance on you. Even in loops, you can force a no-win situation where half the time you'll M1. That said it's generally better to M2 if you can land it, yes.

Current build I'm trying is Unforeseen, Pop, Nowhere to hide and BBQ.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,305
    Options

I’ve been getting amazing value from Friends ‘til the End. I’m still workshopping a build around it, but it complements its instant teleports shockingly well.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,689
    Options

I don't know if I'd call myself an Unknown main, but I've been playing him a bunch. My main build so far has been Friends 'Till the End, Fruitive Chase, Unforeseen and Oppression.

Frien'ds 'till the end works really well with his teleport, letting you potentiall get to the obsession to hit them very quickly, and then if you hook them it gives you intel on another person to chase.

Furitive Chase serves two purposes. The first is stealth, which just seems to be really fun on the Unknown for some reason. The second is how it interacts with Friend's till the end. It lets me go after the person who unhooked the obsession and potentially instadown him after I've finished chasing the person that Friend's 'Till The End Revealed to me when I hooked the obsession.

Oppression gives me some gen regression across the map, and potentially some intel that I don't need to hook someone to get.

And then Unforseen allows me to sneak up on whatever people were working on gens that just missed to oppression skill check.

It's a fun build.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 670
    Options
  • 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 359
    Options

The very first build I used was Lethal, Nurse, Unforeseen and Nowhere to Hide ans tbh, I'm struggling because I keep coming back to this build. Only Nurses feels like the 1 piece I can swap out.

I'm contemplating a slowdown perk in favour of Nurses but for now, I just don't know what because I have a hard time unequipping this build lol.

For reference, I think Captured by the Dark and Vanishing Box are hands down his best add-on set. I go into matches running at full speed, balls to the wall. I'm looking to injure, maybe down, in the first 30 seconds.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

Long-range aura perks like BBQ, Darkness Revealed, and Gearhead can be useful on him if his teleport hallucinations are set up well. Nowhere to Hide is also useful because he can kick a gen, immediately teleport, and maintain aura read around himself in his new location.

Devour Hope has also been fun since I can instantly teleport away from the hooked survivor, minimal risk of an immediate rescue depriving me of a token.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 408
    Options

I've played nothing but The Unknown since the release as I've been having a ton of fun with him.
    My main go to build is kinda boring tbh and consists of

BBQ Chilli - All around good tracking
    Unforeseen for those surprise attacks
    Lethal - For the early game knowledge (Might be swapped out soon)
    4th perk is a mix depening on the lobby. If there are 4 items I will bring franklins mainly as it makes survivors missplay and is funny
    If there are 3+ flashlights then I bring lightborn as the tracking with lightborn is hella good.
    If there are no items i will run Agitation

Have never and will never run gen slowdown perks as they are Boring AF for me and the survivors so i stick with just quality of life perks mainly.

For addons I always run the brown addon which brings you to full speed 50% faster after teleport and depending on my mood either the iri addon to start everyone with weakness or the Green addon that gives weakness when a gen is done.

• ButterFlee13
    ButterFlee13 Member Posts: 267
    Options

Now, the strongest build with balance on fun thing and aura

Star Struck + Awakened Awareness

for combo snowball and satisfied. Prevent near hide hooking too, countering sabotage, SWF squad and flash light save where you can try to go after fresh saver

Pain Res + Grim Embrace for Some defensive