If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

This is probably my strangest take.

Options
C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
edited April 10 in General Discussions

But I think survivors should have something to know their aura being showed, may be reuse with the eye icon thing with old Skull merchant. It doesnt have to show up exact the same time with aura being read, but something like a short 'noti', I would be okay if the nofi is delayed.

With so many aura perks killer have nowaday. I cant blame survivors using Distortion. Im sure some uses Distortion not to hide, but rather an info to know that their aura being read and able to act correctly.

Then you can remove Distortion if you want to. I still prefer to avoid killer by my own rather than using Distortion.

So many misunderstood what I want, so I just put it here.

I just want to know if my aura being shown, something that Distortion users can, not that I want to know what killer's perks are.

And most of all, I dont want to use Distortion, because as an evader, I still want to take chase for last hook teammate, using Distortion would lead my teammate to death. While OoO doesnt suit my play style as its asking to get chased.

Post edited by C3Tooth on

Comments

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    Options

It's my main reason i play distortion, not as a stealthy perk, but an info perk.
    Calling out the auras when in swf saved me so many times.
    If they released a perk that would only provided the info itself, I'd stop using the overly hated distortion.
    A perk like that wouldn't be overplayed like Distortion is, because most of the people who use Distortion are the Blendettes type of players, waiting for everyone to die.

Kinda like object but without ratting yourself out to the killer every few seconds xD

• C3Tooth
    Options

I dont want survivor being able to tell which aura perks killer use in an instant, just beside the part "being watched", and I have no idea how to implement such idea.

• C3Tooth
    Options

If between Spine chill "know aura being shown" and Distortion "know aura being shown + hide aura + hide scratch mark". Im sure people still use Distortion.

Even if you buff to have Spine chill hides scratch mark, and nerf Distortion to only hides aura. Distortion is still more useful. Because you know…killer is seeing your aura, not scratch mark.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 431
    edited April 10
    Options

At this point just show them killer perk build

It'd completely kill certain perks and would make everyone to go for four slowdown perks but balancing will happen anyway

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,170
    Options

On some perks and addons it would make sense. On others like Nowhere To Hide or BBQ it would probably reduce their strength too much. You'd only get value out of BBQ once because then everyone knows to expect it and will counter it by either sitting behind a gen or going into a locker for a few seconds. Nowhere To Hide would only work between 1-4 times (depending on how many survivors play in a SWF), which would also nerf it for no reason.

So I'm on the fence about this.

Maybe it could be added in some specific cases. But for the most part, I feel it's good that everyone has to try and deduce what perks their opponent is using.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 529
    Options

First & foremost love all your art & have done for years!

Been playing this game 7 years now & honestly nothing will ever change my opinion that intel is the best way to play to maximise my goals (escape / kill)

I don't camp or tunnel & haven't used a slowdown perk since before clown released (adept attempts aside)

If I don't have aura perks might as wel play with out any at all!

Aura reading encourages chases, BBQ enourgages hook spreads (for some players at least) & doesn't create one of those games that drags on & on where you're fixing the equivalent of 7+ gens not 5!

If its an issue run Distortion I use lethal (obviously) & see the auras of at least 2 usually 3 or 4 every game.

I try to play for 11 hook games (always let last go unless tome needs 4 kills) aura helps me do that!

Sure if 1 Distortion user is using it to get hatch while everyone else dies then maybe it will be a 4k.

Likewise On survivors I run full aura reading, intel is key in this game! Nobody will ever convince me otherwise, it fits my style & shows in my results on both sides.

If anything I want more killers to use aura builds get better at chasing & spreading hooks not 4 slowdown & tunnel out one by one

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,647
    Options

True it would be outclassed by Distortion in most scenarios. I agree with you there.

I think Distortion is more than enough to counter auras though. Most of them aren’t strong enough to justify a base kit warning to them and can always run Distortion if you are having trouble with them.

If aura perks become weaker then killers will be even more inclined to run full slow down, which is not a very good idea I believe.

It’s an interesting idea but I don’t see the need for it or it having an positive long term effects.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 106
    Options

That would take fun from the specific killer.
    What about 4 other people that are in a trial with you? Is it fun for them to get free hits because there is no indications about killer position? (no aura reading, no terror radiue etc.)

Yet another killer main thinking only about his experience :)

• C3Tooth
    Options

Nazzzak is probably at least 70% on survivor side, and so do I. But I also think my idea would take away the fun from Scratch mark Myers. That was a quick conclusion from a single comment you saw.

First off, as many people misunderstood my point. I just want to know if my aura being shown, something that Distortion users can, not that I want to know what killer's perks are.

And most of all, I dont want to use Distortion, because as an evader, I still want to take chase for last hook teammate, using Distortion would lead my teammate to death. While OoO doesnt suit my play style as its asking to get chased.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,273
    Options

Scratch mirror myers is one of the easiest playstyles to beat, are you seriously saying it has no counter?

If its irony then I took the bait, but if its serious I have no idea how one can consider such a gimmick playstyle that is literally loopable the whole match to be problematic.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    edited April 10
    Options

Being told the killer is seeing your aura defeats a large point of seeing your aura in the first place. This would stop most people from even using aura perks.

You should want killers to use aura perks. Making your change would just make everyone stack more gen slow down. The game needs to make non gen related perks for killer look more lucrative so we can steer away from gen slow down stacking. Your change is going the total opposite direction.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

I rather not give free information.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,165
    edited April 10
    Options

I feel like Spine Chill would be a good candidate for this role.

Object of Obsession actual gives you the killers aura, which is insane information, but comes with a big risk.

If Spine Chill scrapped the LoS thing to not shaft stealth killers, and merely gave you its bonuses when your aura was revealed, you wouldn't know the killer was coming for you, but you would be able to discern their perks and react accordingly. The vault bonus can stay, as that has counter potential for perks like Friend's Til The End, I'm All Ears and other long aura read/anti loop aura reading abilities. This could also synergise with OoO for a nice combo.

Distortion then becomes a block auras perk, but is tokem driven, if it doesn't charge in chase (which is a sensible nerf), then you have the safetest aura read perk, but it isn't 100% always available.

This I feel gives a nice trio of perks with similar functionality with a healthy list of pros and cons.

• BlightedDolphin
    Options

Sorry if it seemed like I was implying that you wanted to know the perks in my post, I know that’s not what the post was talking about so sorry if it came off that way.

I think the reason some people are bringing it up is because it would allow you to know what the killer is using simply based off of when it activates. If it activates after a hook you know they have BBQ, if it’s after a gen kick it’s probably Nowhere to Hide, if it’s after unhook then it’s Floods of Rage. It doesn’t directly tell you what caused it but you can pretty easily figure out what it was and just remove all the value from future activations if it.

Not wanting to use Distortion because it screws over teammates is fair, and that might be how the Spine Chill suggestion could be a better choice. It allows you to know that you are visible while at the same time allows you to use that knowledge to protect your teammates (or hide if you don’t need to save anyone).

• C3Tooth
    Options

Perhaps mix the ideas. Spine chill activate when survivor is in Killer's screen cone, doesnt matter if clear sight or aura. So if survivor's aura shown, but if killer doesnt look at the direction, the perk is not activated. Killers can also counter when look at survivor 45 degree side way.

• dbdplayerabc123
    dbdplayerabc123 Member Posts: 61
    Options

After 1000 hours, I don't think it's necessary, and by allowing survivors to know when their aura is seen, you're removing what seperates the good survivors from the bad.

More often than not you can get a pretty good read that the killer is using aura perks. More often than not, if you're experienced player, you can get a read on all of the killer's perks by the end of the match.

Killer runs straight to you at the start of the match? Lethal Pursuer. Now you know their other aura reading perks last longer, too.

Killer gets a hook and runs straight to you? BBQ and Chilli. Now you know to hide in locker for 5 - 8 seconds if you're far away.

Killer kicks a gen and runs straight to where you're hiding? Nowhere to Hide.

After playing a long time you pick up on these reads, and learn to take precautions just in case they do have aura reading perks. That's why it helps to play killer, too, instead of maining survivor which only hurts you.

Part of the reason Distortion is so good is because it provides information on what perks the killer is using. Making this basekit, would kill this perk.

Part of the reason aura reading perks are so good on killer is because the survivor doesn't know you can see them, which offers an advantage. Clearly.

All in all, if BHVR for some reason made this happen, I would hope and expect killer to know when their aura is being read as well. That would be fair, right? Small price to pay for trying to make the game mind numbingly easy.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,064
    Options

It was a bad idea for Skull Merchant and it's a worse idea for Auras.

• BlightedDolphin
    Options

As long as it doesn’t work like old Spine Chill and notify you of stealth killers approaching then I think it’s fine. I don’t think Spine Chill should go back to being able to alert you that Myers or Ghostie is nearby.

Probably wouldn’t even need that many drawbacks either if it’s just a noise notification that your aura is visible.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,165
    Options

My big concern there is the knowledge it grants when you're not running an aura perk. Even Distortion doesn't say for sure you're not running a perk... having it known for sure you aren't running one opens a lot of value.

E.g. always hiding behind rocks near gens knowing Nowhere to Hide isn't in play. Never coming off gens before a hook knowing Barbeque is not in play, not fearing healing in the killers TR cause you know Nurse's Calling is not in play...

Is a surprisingly large amount of information when you don't hear that chine.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Gonna be honest, Tooth… I don’t love this idea.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,896
    Options

My love of playing scratched mirror Myers aside.

Personally I like the fact that you have to build for things or potentially forgo the advantages.

I don't want a bunch of built in indicators feeding me information, it really does undermine some aspects of the game as survivor.

The fear of the unknown and the potential to be caught off guard are core elements of survivor play, I think the more that gets watered down the less interesting the experience.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,307
    Options

I feel like telling the survivor they are visible to the killer gives far too much information to the survivor. The survivor will immediately be able to tell what perks the killer is running, and also which ones they're not. Games then become a checklist of "he's not running BBQ, or NtH, Oh He Has Bloodwarden".

I don't like to call things hand-holding, but taking a rather large part of the guesswork out of the game ain't it for me.

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 187
    Options

Thinking about it, it also is a dead giveaway that the killer has Undying. The amount of times survivors run by dull totems without realizing I see them is insane, and giving survivors a "hey go cleanse devour" warning on roundstart would make that perk literally unusable

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

So you are asking for a Status effect of your aura being shown???

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,865
    Options

Aura Reading reveal should be baseline for both killers and survivors.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,569
    edited April 11
    Options

No. It's part of the survivors skill expression to deduce what the killer is bringing. If the killer immediately finds you hiding somewhere after kicking a gen, its your responsibility to recognize Nowhere to hide is in play and make a mental note for it.

We shouldn't decrease skill expression any further, since it's already making veteran players quit out of boredom.

Granted, there are some aura effects which you possibly cannot recognize without running Distortion, e.g. Gearhead. But uncertainty is part of the game as well.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 431
    Options

Having it on killers only helps campers

You are asking for weaker aura perks and more camping improvement

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,048
    Options

That's one of the main reasons I would run Object of Obsession.