We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Do you try and go for a risky endgame save or just leave?

Options

I personally like to go for an endgame risky save or chase rather than just leaving. I tend to find that more fun than just take the guaranteed x man out. I just had a game where the killer was being quite rude about us doing that lol and wanted to see what other people think or do.

Comments

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

i my team wants to save the last guy i need to help them, otherwise they´re all going to die haha

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    edited April 15
    Options

SWF yes, solo que no, the amount of times I help out solo que only to be left behind no pun intended. So am selfish now to solo q. Big example we had a wesker it was me and one friend and 2 randoms. I got down and my friend was distracting the killer instead of one of the two randoms had common sense to pick me up they are running to my friend(who was safe at the exit) instead of picking me up and ran out, since then I just only will save if its my swf.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 140
    Options

if my solo teammates seem like they want to save then yes. If it's clear they are not committed then no since it's likely I trade and they leave me behind because ofc solo q

most of the time when I am hooked during EG my solo team leaves even if they all have 0 hooks, - solo queue is solo queue and most have an every man for themself mentality even if a 4 out is beyond do-able

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

Highly depends on the killer.

Billy/Bubba/Anyone with NOED and they hooked near the lit totem? I'm out.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,514
    Options

I like to go for saves. On the rare occasion I haven't it's because they were a terrible team mate

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

I always go for the save.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

It unspoken rules that must uphold.

If a survivor ran the killer forever or body block constantly for the team wellllll... u must go back for them. Even if bubba standing there

distortion rats, hatch key users, sand baggers, and edge map Urban evaders will be left for dead if i see them playing selfish.

As far as the rest! i will save them if reasonable to do so.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    edited April 15
    Options

I usually stay close to the gates for opening the gates and tanking a hit when other team mates go to unhook. If the unhook fails then I leave, I only go to unhook if the success is almost guaranteed.

When there are NOED and/or the killer is a good camper I leave.

Some time ago I used to go for risky saves, but a lot of them ended saving the team mate but me dying and the team mate not even thanking me in the endgame shat so I stopped taking risks in endgame.

Another reason is because I don't want to lose MMR for increasing the probability of getting better team mates in soloQ.

In other words, the community made me start to be a bit more "selfish" in endgame.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

Almost always. Leaving is boring and I have no idea how people can enjoy the game without a little risk.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,397
    Options

4 out or 4k dead is the only fun part of the game and it's very rare.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,630
    Options

Usually I do try, especially if the teammate played well.

The times wouldn't though would be

• Instadown killer
    • The teammate was very frustrating to play with and/or dragged us down heavily
    • The last few games have been frustrating and I just want a win
    • I repaired all 5 gens and feel like I deserve to survive

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,284
    Options

depends heavily.

Can the killer easily deny the unhook or is it waaay too far from gates and not all survs still alive/helping? Then probably no.

Also not when i have an escape daily/challenge and it’s not a safe escape with unhook.

Otherwise i do try and usually even trade if the survivor on hook played fair enough (as in didn’t troll others or the killer)

though one of my earliest and best DbD experiences was me and other surv on hook left, I just opened the gate and killer was around the hook but not face camping. I didn’t even have 5 escapes total at this point but went back and got the unhook and we both escaped with killer trying to get us. It was intense and so worth it!

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 167
    Options

Always leave. I don't owe anyone anything.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,129
    Options

BT Babysitter NOLB coming in clutch

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Depends on the situation but more often than not I will actually sacrifice myself so my team mates can get out.

But if I find a purple flashlight in a chest… yeah sorry but, you're dead.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,156
    Options

Only if it's actually achievable. I stopped throwing myself in there when there is almost no chance to actually get the unhook. Half the time it ended with me accidentally baiting my solo queue team mates in there as well.

But as long as it's not a Billy, Bubba or NOED camper you bet I'll run in there and get that safe. Ace wouldn't have it any other way.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,037
    edited April 15
    Options

Most of the time I'll try to save, but only if it's guaranteed at least one of us make it out alive or can get away and heal up. I just can't give a free kill trying to do risky unhook in good conscience.

• OFM
    OFM Member Posts: 10
    Options

99% of the time yes I'll go for a save, unless it's obviously impossible even with coordination. Not really much of an incentive in escaping anyway other than slightly more Bloodpoints, rather than take an easy way out I'd feel more satisfied pulling off a late game save even if it ends up with me dying

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 605
    edited April 15
    Options

It depends. If games have been going well and I've already escaped a few times then sure, I'll usually try to go in for the save. Especially if the Survivor on the hook played well or helped me out in some way.

But if I haven't escaped for a while, then I'm sorry but I'm out of here and I'll smell you later. It rarely pays to be altruistic in Solo Q, so I tend to look after number one a lot more often these days.

If I'm on the hook in end game and nowhere near an open exit gate, I die as quickly as I can since I'd rather the team took the win and got the two/three out. I don't have any hard feelings towards Survivors who want to leave when they have the opportunity. I've seen too many wins turn into losses in the end game.

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,189
    Options

Circumstances usually play a part, like sometimes it's not fun if we are all one hit downs and we all die, but if I have a team I know will do what it takes? Every time. Even basement.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 422
    Options

If there's a chance I will take it, usually.

These trials are blending into a fever dream and the best thing I can do is make ridiculous plays I'll remember and look back on.

Used to have 20 good recordings a year, now I've got like 3 and they mehh.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,061
    Options

If I for some reason feel attached to that survivor I very much go for the risky play.

Just yesterday I had someone on hook with a pretty camp-y Wesker endgame and I was like "nah, ima open this gate and then i get that gal off that hook" and Wesker absolutely didn't expect that, so he actually left the hook once the gate was opened (thank you kindred). The other surv and I were both injured so it made absolutely no sense to go unhook. But I did… and would have gotten the unhook for free. Sadly, the hooked surv had let go and I hadn't realised so literally a millisecond before I got the prompt she got sacrificed. — And since at that point the BT hit tank (perk BT) wouldn't work anymore I got sacrificed too. — But it was fun.

Going "yolo, I have Desperate and there's one with Leader" to follow a pinhead who was busy doing a basement party straight down to basement to unhook all three of them before getting downed was a good one too. … They wanted to return the favour though. So after reset they all came back - with varying degrees of success. But hey, we turned a one-man-out into a two-man-out.

Long story short: yes, I often do that because, just as you said, it's way more fun. Prerequisite is though that I feel some kind of attachment to my fellow survs. If I haven't seen them take initiative to help the team in some way I usually don't feel very inclined to risk it.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Unless the specific survivor that's in danger has saved my behind a few times in that match I usually just well. I know darn well that getting hooked in endgame usually means the killer will try everything in their power to secure that last kill (it's me, I'm that killer), and I kinda really want the extra BP that comes with escaping.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 334
    Options

I live by the Golden rule, so I'm obligated to try. I try for anybody who tries, whether they bleed blood or oil.

I don't discriminate, I just judge based on performance. I think it's funny to make sure the bot gets out for a 4 man out, and I also think it's funny to sacrifice a player for a bot if that bot played better.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 697
    Options

Idc about escaping, so i'm going for save cause i know some people like to escape

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

If its actually impossible no, though I've definitely tried times where it was so close to impossible that it felt foolish later. If the other survivors want to try for the save, I'm always in.

As the one on hook, if I think I'm in an impossible situation to be saved, or at best it will be a trade, I'll sacrifice myself on hook before I let any of the other survivors die for me.