Leaving the Exit Gates

Options
So we all know that once the exit gates are open, the Killer is at the mercy of the survivors. They have to endure dancing, tea bagging and survivors looking for totems and the hatch.

What if the killer had the ability to grab survivors when they are close enough to the gate? Then survivors wouldn't huddle up together and waste more time being annoying.

Comments

• awsome_predator
    awsome_predator Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Or how about the door only stays open for 20secs then if u want open again need power a gen means survivors have to work as team more leave sharply or potentially lose
  • ELVENDORK
    ELVENDORK Member Posts: 10
    Options

I still think the Killer should be able to leave the game when he want's to, that he can go out the exit or something like that, so he doesn't have to wait, but has the option to do so..

• CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    Options
    Love that idea as a survivor you should never feel safe even at the end game. 
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Honestly I thought the pig was going to have a perk named game over and what it would’ve done was give the killer the ability to close the hatch and gate. Just like John Kramer did in the end of saw and he said GAME OVER!
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@awsome_predator said:
    Or how about the door only stays open for 20secs then if u want open again need power a gen means survivors have to work as team more leave sharply or potentially lose

This - is a fantastic idea - MAKE IT HAPPEN

• TormentedSoul385
    TormentedSoul385 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    I agree with the 20second rule for exit gates! That's insanely good. I thought of something else though. I believe all killers should have No one escape death as an inbuilt ability. That would make the game so tense when all generators are powered, and give survivors a reason to not hang around. But I also thought of another one, where if you are downed in the exit gate area (behind the gate but still in the game) another inbuilt ability activates where the killer can outright mori. 

Bit too much, but no one would stick around then.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

That would just sorta' screw you over if you're legitimately running from the killer and trying to escape. I've seen plenty of close calls where someone gets downed right on the edge of the escape zone while getting chased.

RE: 20 seconds and gates closed - this would not work. You could power the gates, hide inside, then sit there and hold the game hostage forever. The killer cannot open the gates to kill them. Only the nurse would be able to prevent it.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
    I usually just hit them. They can either leave or go down and get hooked, their choice.

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    Options
    I hate it when I go to hit someone to get them to leave, and they try to be cute and 360 me.  more than often it works, but still irritates me.
  • Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    Options

Once it becomes a "game being held hostage" situation I just run into the basement and sit in the corner. I'm not playing their games. I'll afk and get a soda or something. Even with that I've had one survivor skulking around for 20 minutes trying to bait me out. Are you that bored, dude? Seriously?

at that point i think I would just message the survivor and ask them to just leave, then even though it is ineffective, i would probably use the in game reporting feature.  
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited June 2018
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:
    I've tried messaging them before and generally I just get a message back that says something like "LOL quit loser11!1" It's shocking the level of toxicity that can exist in this game. What's even more shocking is that BHVR could fix this with a concede command and they just refuse to do it. Why? Because it only impacts the killer negatively.

This. I've sent messages like please leave I'd like to move to another game, to get replies. Nope. You can quit.

I think there should be a penalty for people hanging out in the gates just to torment the killer.
    I can't stand when the game is over and survivors just want to teabag and taunt the killer and not leave even when the killer doesn't want to engage in that behavior.

• SharpHandJoe
    SharpHandJoe Member Posts: 18
    Options

What if every killer gained the ability of tombstone Myers and they could just walk up and mori you when the gates are powered.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

5 minute time limit on them. Even a wet behind the ears n00b can find the exit gates within 5 minutes of them being powered. After that, any Survivor left in the trial should have their aura revealed to the Killer and the hatch should close.

• marshmallowking
    marshmallowking Member Posts: 13
    Options
    I think any changes would need to be conditional, for example: 
    -no chase for 5 mins?
    -no survivors on hooks? 
    -killer afk for 60 full seconds?
    if all values are true, entity pulls everyone out of the match with points earned until then (these conditions also would inadvertently solve hatch standoff imo)

if there isn’t conditions that include both killer and survivor actions you will end up punishing or over powering people who have legitimate end game builds as either killer or survivor. Just my 2 cents.