The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A thought on camping

2»

Comments

• JxshHxrvey
    JxshHxrvey Member Posts: 22

@AmorePrincess said:
    I dont find any joy in camping, and I play the game to have fun, not to stand and stare at someone. And I know how it is, I am survivor main, so I always want to play fair, that is how I find the game enjoyable.

But with that being said.... I help my brother out when he only get killer dailys, and he just never plays killer like I do. So he is low rank killer, and there are so many survivors that clearly depip to stay in the lower ranks and therefor play their higher rank tactics against the new players and people that might not master the killer part, and those survivors, well, I admit that I camp them. Not because I have to, but because they play the game to be jerks to the new players.... So at that part I can understand why some killers camp, because we all know, the survivors can be real @#&@€# sometimes.

Its just sad that some killers has to feel like they need to camp, because they do miss out on actually playing a fun game. Because that is what it is, a game, and behind every killer and survivor is a real person, something both sides needs to think about many times.

So if you get camped, enjoy the break, and then join a new game. Hopefully your team can escape and your sacrifice was worth something (kindred) because some days all you do is get camped and tunneled or as for us on ps4, the killers dc because you survive and we get nothing, and some days you will have most matches that makes you remember why you love the game.
    There is a light at the end of the tunneling, always.

Apart from camping the survivor you think purposely depip could be just good from watching people BUT the rest of what you said is the mentality we need

• ELVENDORK
    ELVENDORK Member Posts: 10

The problem with camping is that survivors want points too you know? If they can't rescue a teammate because the killer camps, they can only earn objective points. when they never get chased throughout the game they don't even get that points.. so it's ~4-8k gen points (depends on how much gens and if coop or not) and then 5k escape.. when they do get chased they can get 0-8k points depends on how good they did, maybe they escape that would be good points too but if they doesnt they miss out on 5k.. so they couldn't get points by helping, they only got points from sitting on gens all day and some points from getting chased, maybe they got a stun but with the new paletts a stun is = a hit.. This game is way to grindy as to ignore the amout of points you lose if you can't or don't save a teammate, if you die and if you're not getting chased of course you will have salty survivors (and killers too) when they miss out on many points just because someone played unfair or because the game is over way to fast, but the only thing that can change that is if everyone gets more points for everything or/and if they add generator time for 3+ swf groups.

TL;DR This game is to grindy and everyone wants more points they miss out on because one sides plays unfair or not fun

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    edited June 2018
    As much as I'd  hate to admit this but camping is a strategy. I often see terrified survivors staying hidden around the hook that their friends are on, you know what I do? I make a bold dash for that guy on the hook killer or not because I hate those types of survivors.
  • Taconter
    Taconter Member Posts: 25

my thought on camping
    accept that guy is dead and sit on a generator while the killer waste time instead on circling the hook like vultures

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220

Apart from camping the survivor you think purposely depip could be just good from watching people BUT the rest of what you said is the mentality we need

Yeah, sorry that it came out wrong. I dont camp them for being good, I love playing against good survivors because not only does it test my skills as killer, but I also pick up things to use myself as survivor. You should never be punished for being good. I meant those who depips to be toxic as hell and tea bag the killers allbthe time, I dont know how to explain it, when you meet one, you know.

But thank you :)
  • light141
    light141 Member Posts: 4

well i appreciate all of your opinions on my idea. I also can see i hit a pretty big topic that both sides feel very strongly about. i did not mean to cause arguments, so im sorry it devolved to that. I was trying to find the middle ground for both parties so that we all as a community could have a better time. This was clearly not it, but i wouldn't of known if i had not tried. thank you for your feed back everyone and again sorry if i made some of you mad with the post.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Right now, the best thing you can do when a killer is camping is get the gens done. Camping is something survivors can punish if they don't go charging at the hook. If there was one bandaid fix I would implement, (though it's not a solution) it would be to give the survivor on the hook distraction points. That doesn't fix the problem but it would at least take some of the edge off of being camped.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Gee, if only the generators took less time than the 120 second time it takes to kill somebody on a hook.

It takes a massive 80 seconds to do a generator....