If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Mid chapter tomorrow?

Options
  • Twins QoL buffs + addon changes
  • Haddofield changes
  • DS back in every lobby
  • Ultimate Weapon gone from meta
  • New Tome

I think this this is all if I didn't forgot about something. Anyone happy with tomorrows patch? Happy or nah?

Comments

• FrenchBagels
    FrenchBagels Member Posts: 141
    edited April 22
    Options

Are the Twins addons even still confirmed to be reworked outside of the number changed ones that got added to base kit.

They definitely put the mid in mid chapter for this one. Oh, and the Tanuki thing will probably be there tomorrow.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,197
    edited April 22
    Options

If the patch turns out to be as catastrophic as on the Ptb (vaults bugged, shop bugged, ds bugged and many more buggs) I don't think I'm gonna play. Not that I would be missing out much. There isn't much to get excited for.

Sadly.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,120
    Options

Between DS+OTR and BU+FTP, I am either going to practice Nurse or slug everyone I can if they attempt abusing those combos while I'm trying to spread hooks.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

I'm happy about the Tome

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

Not very excited for this update sadly. I had heavy excitement for the last mid-chapter but this one just isn't it.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,472
    Options

I’m only excited about the new store layout. Disappointed about the rest.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 524
    Options

Pretty bad Update. Twins Rework isn't successful. Haddonfield rework - only a few changes - I would not call it a rework to be fair.

Three perks changes and that's all. We need much more for Midchapter Update.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,302
    Options

Big store update and Unreal Engine upgrade to version 5. Reverting the unhealthy twins changes even though it had resources put into because of community feedback.

And people call this update disappointing while also demanding less content updates.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,127
    Options

I will jump on slugging Billy and survivors only. I'm done with spreading hooks even on weak killers and eat OTR+DS and FTP+BU anyway, watching how SWF play ez mode with Resi+4 Adrens, while I sweating my butt off for no reason. Chainsaw go brrrrrrrr and m1 on gens from now on.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,173
    Options

How big is the size of update though? Do we have to download the whole game, as it's getting updated to UE 5?

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 981
    Options

Really excited for the store 😊

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,295
    Options

If the Tanuki thing isn't bugged. Gotta keep it real lol

-Added Tanuki

-Tanuki addition broke A, B, and C of the game.

-Tanuki killswitched

lol

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
  • BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 170
    Options

No one is asking for fewer content updates, most of us want the content to pretend to fix issues the game has like buffing/reworking/QoL to low-tier killers like Freddy and Myres, new content for survivors like new items and mechanics, and game health updates.

The thing about the Twin rework is sure it's great they listen to feedback and didn't push that sorry excuse of a rework to live but that rework shouldn't have even made it to a ptb to begin with. Everyone knew that rework was bad even before they played it on the ptb by reading the dev blog that talked about it. I didn't see a single person who was hopeful for that twin rework going into the ptb and it pretty much played out the way most ppl thought it was going to play out. So the question is if so many could see the issues before they even played the rework then why didn't the devs see it? How did that rework even make it out of the planning stages when it was pretty clear it was going to fail to begin with? Thanks to the dev's shortsightedness, we are now left with an empty mid-chapter patch and dev time that can never be gotten back on a failed rework. Dev time that could been used better by reworking Freddy, giving addon passes to killers with over half of their add-ons being super weak or useless(PH, Freddy, and Sadoko), buffs/reworks to perks on both sides that are pretty useless, etc.

People are not asking for less content updates they asking for more meaningful updates that actually will help the game and make it more exciting to play. All this update is giving us is a small QoL update to twins that could been done years ago, a map update no one really likes, a store update that kinda cool, and an engine update. The good stuff in this update(store and engine updates) is nice but it isn't content and isn't going to make ppl want to play the game if they already burn out and want something new.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,460
    Options

I'm so scared of all the bugs…

• Mooks
    Options

eh. Plenty of people are asking for fewer content updates. I didn’t accuse you personally of such but don’t pretend no one is doing this just because you don’t.

And sure, dev time got ‚wasted‘ on the twins rework. But then again, you also do not know how much dev time gets ‚wasted‘ on features being worked on that never make it to PTB to begin with. We know for example they have been working on anti-Camp features for years until they finally got to the anti-Face camp bar. And there was the ‚Early game collapse‘ - and those are just the ones they mentioned. Same with killer power concepts for flying or wall crawling. This doesn’t mean they would have prioritized whatever you deem to be worthy of their time if they hadn’t done what they were actually doing.

• Mooks
    Options

yeah that’s understandable, there will be plenty of bugs due to engine update. Hopefully they have fixed at least the broken key rebinds.

• BlackRose89
    Options

Indeed, we don't know how long the twin rework took but we do know they made us wait TWO years for it with little to no info about it leading up to it. That still doesn't answer the question of how anyone on the team didn't even think about how bad and broken that rework was going to be. It shouldn't had taken a PTB to show them how broke the changes they had plan and they should had reach out to twin mains doing the development to ask for options and ideas. A bunch of pvp game devs reach out and ask a select few to test and give feedback before making anything public. For example in OW2 when they were reworking Sombra doing the progress they invited streamers and other well-known OW players to test a few things under an NDA and give feedback. Since they did this the Sombra rework was a success since they filtered out the bad ideas thanks to that feedback and deliver a rework that was pretty damn good.

Im sorry if Im being hush on the devs I do respect them and the work they do but I want them to do better since I do pay a lot of money on skins, dlc, and on game in general. I expect high quality from a live service game that I spend money on and Im not going to settle on the fact they listen to feedback and take back changes that shouldn't have been done in the first place. You wouldn't praise a child for failing on a report just bc they admitted they failed, would you? That is devs right now, they fail on a rework and they should not be prise or celebrated for that just because they didn't go thought with said rework.

You can be happy all you want for this update but doesn't mean I have to be. Im honestly really disappointed about this mid-chapter and Im going to voice my disappointment. Also, I didn't take it personally, I just never saw anyone say they wanted less content. The only thing I see ppl say is they wish the devs would slow down on new killers to work on the ones they have now and also improve the games' health. Updating the store and the engine is not doing that.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

Gonna be a popcorn fart of an update

• Mooks
    Options

That still doesn't answer the question of how anyone on the team didn't even think about how bad and broken that rework was going to be

so close to answer it yourself. It’s a team. Just because they decided to try it on PTB doesn’t mean everyone agreed it’s the best solution.

As to asking streamers/community, sure, but I still prefer DbD doesn’t go down that route. Most of the big streamers are already promoting very unhealthy and toxic playstyles but that’s just my point of view.
    I also never said you shouldn’t voice your opinion. Just calling the general community out on being hypocritical. Constructive feedback is good and necessary.

You wouldn't praise a child for failing on a report just bc they admitted they failed, would you?

Uuuhm. Either I do not understand you bc of language barrier or I just do not agree with you on this generally?? That depends HEAVILY on the circumstances?!

[…] and also improve the games' health. Updating the store and the engine is not doing that.

Also I am disagreeing here again… updating the engine should definitely improve the games health in the long run (while also probably bring plenty of bugs with this update..). And the store also needed some work and at least that rework was done well..

• BlackRose89
    edited April 22
    Options

I mostly will just touch on the streamer bit. Like it or not players like Otz, Hens, Tofu, and others are more knowledgeable about the game than most of the community. They play this game for a living and I think their feedback weighs a little heavier than someone who may only have a few hundred hours. On top of that I wasn't saying just streamers, they could invite well-known players in from this forum. The point is they could seek help inside their own community and test these changes before the PTB. The problem with the PTB is that they leave themselves no room to correct mistakes. They have 3 weeks to gather feedback and make corrections based on that feedback. I they could had save so much time if they just asked ppl what they thought about the twin rework way before they pushed it into the PTB. They could even go down the route of what they did with OoO where they proved proof of concept to the community and asked our opinion based on the idea they proved.

As for the other stuff Im just saying ppl shouldn't be so quick to forgive or prise the devs for the Twins rework. At the end of the day, it was a failure and a failure that could have been caught way before the PTB. Just because they didn't push rework thought doesn't change the fact that this mid-chapter suffered a lot because of how bad that said rework was. Yeah, we have a new engine but the game is still going to be in the same state as it is now after the patch tomorrow. I also believe it when I see it if the engine update fixes all the bugs this game has.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 451
    edited April 23
    Options

I think the likely case is they may not have meant to take 2 years to update Twins, but since they had a low playmate they were not considered a high priority and probably got rescheduled over and over as other things came through the pipeline.

The rework did not feel like it took 2 years to complete. The only new assets were an animation for Victor latching onto downed survivors, and Victor glowing when he is vulnerable to kicks.

The rework consisted of adding haste when a condition is met for Charlotte (downing a surv with Victor or lockers) and removing the latched state when attacking healthy survivors and having it trigger an injury. None of these things would have taken months to program, in my opinion.

If the patch at least keeps the cooldown reduction to the 3 seconds on PTB for Victor, I will be satisfied, they have not actually stated if Victor is keeping the 5 second attack cooldown or not on successful attacks. I think Victor being able to move as fast on the PTB when injuring is a bug, because otherwise he would be impossible to kick, but having 4.5 secondary to down and swap vs 8 seconds would feel so nice.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 445
    Options

im excited about ds being good again and actually helping vs tunneling (which is something the current one doesn’t do). I’m also excited about the new tome and the store. Thats really it tbh

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 157
    Options

This is such a weak mid chapter.

Survivors using DS aggressively is gonna suck. Haddonfield still seems unfun for both sides. Ultimate weapon getting nerfed sucks but makes sense but It definitely was too much. Twins getting QoL buffs is nice but they still have the same gameplan to slug everyone.

• BlackRose89
    Options

Don't get me wrong Im happy for Twins mains, they finally got the QoL changes they wanted after years of waiting. That said I am still greatly disappointed as a non-twin player. This chapter has nothing exciting for most of the other player base. As you said Twins have a low playrate and these QoL changes imo isnt going to change that. That's fine but most of the other player base is getting little to nothing in this mid-chapter thanks to the failure that was the Twin rework.

As I said before the rework never should have left the drawing room to begin with, if they just say "Yeah we can't really think of a better way to rework twins, so let's just give them some QoL updates and go work on something else to put in this mid-chapter." Then this chapter would be so much better. We could have gotten something for Singu(remember at one point they had plans to change Hux but that roadmap was thrown out), an addon pass for Saroko or anything else on top of the QoL changes Twins. Only if they realized a little earlier that the rework was going to be a really bad idea and planned something else for this sad excuse of a mid-chapter patch.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,360
    Options

Respectfully, the Devs being willing to revert a ######### change doesn't excuse them wasting TWO YEARS on a change it took us five minutes to figure out was terrible.

• Mooks
    Options

I don’t even know why people assume I am excusing this in the first place. I am maybe more indifferent towards this as I know they also spent time/resources on features that we will never know about and I would rather see more of these make it to PTB without them being released on live.

I still prefer them reverting these ######### changes instead of just releasing them 🤷‍♂️a

main point was still Engine and Store update being big and not every update needs to be content heavy.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,360
    Options

Is it confirmed that the engine update is going to live?

I heard it was very buggy, not that something like that has stopped them before

• Mooks
    Options

yeah. Pretty sure it is, the devs have mentioned the upgrade at least.
    there were plenty of bugs and not all will be fixed. It’s for the health of the game in the long run good though. Hopefully.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,214
    Options

Do we know if victor will still remain unkickable after a successful hit?

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,007
    Options

He should be kickable just like he is now. That change was because he didn’t latch on to healthy survivors anymore, but that’s been reverted so he will still latch on to healthy ones and be kickable after a down.

• skylustv
    skylustv Member Posts: 215
    Options

I want Jill Battlesuit skin and Plague Visceral Medusa

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,197
    Options

Upon interacting with the tanuki as the Nemesis, the tanuki is attached to the Nemesis head. Therefore the Nightmare will get his weakness against adrenaline restored.

Upon receiving the event related Tanuki charm, all of the players progress on a random character gets removed. To compensate for this, the players affected will receive 100k BP over the span of the following year.

Did I miss something?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,066
    Options

Dang the addon changes for Twins didn't even go through. More disappointment.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,214
    Options

Well just played a match as the Twins and can confirm that if you get a successful hit on an injured survivor Victor does have invincibility