If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How Fun Each Killer Is to Face in Dead by Daylight (Tier List)

Options
Anonymous_User
Anonymous_User Member Posts: 32
edited April 26 in General Discussions

D Tier - Dreadfully noninteractive.

C Tier - Allow for exciting but niche skill expressions.

C+ Tier - Demand unique teamwork with infuriating or underwhelming aspects.

B- Tier - Merely request unique teamwork.

B Tier - C Tier but without the "but niche" part.

A Tier - :)

Edit: I forgot about The Nightmare's inconsistent filter that does not make a difference on some maps but makes him impossible to see on other ones while making this tier list. If I had remembered that, then I would have placed him somewhere behind The Dredge.

Post edited by Anonymous_User on

Comments

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 572
    edited April 26
    Options

My list would be pretty similar to yours, except nurse would go to b for me (personally), and hag, wesker, demo, and pinhead would be f- tier if that were a thing. That said, I’ve only faced a handful of chuckys and one xenos since returning from my break, so I can’t really say for certainty on those.

• Anonymous_User
    Options

I get why you would rank The Hag and The Cenobite so low, but I do not understand why you would rank The Nurse higher and The Mastermind and The Demogorgon lower. Could you explain those choices?

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 171
    Options

I personally think ghostface is the most boring killer to face.

• Anonymous_User
    Options

Why is that?

For me, though the Reveal mechanic can be wonky, I cannot deny that there have been plenty of funny or tense moments where I yelped, jumped, and/or felt uneasy because of this Killer's on-and-off approach to stealth. Not to mention the engaging moments comprising attempts to out-stealth my favorite stealth Killer, as well as Reveal him during chase without screwing up my pathing or when he is sneaking up on a teammate. Ultimately, I feel as though this match-up has a lot of understated depth.

• AlphaYandere
    AlphaYandere Member Posts: 59
    Options

i would switch The Twins with Chucky, The Unknown with Hag. Artist, Oni and Huntress i would put on S too

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 68
    Options

Why do so many people dislike facing chucky ? I find him quite fun to face since he has 110% speed.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,134
    Options

Why do you play survivor if you dislike versing 20 of the 35 killers. Over half of your matches you wont be enjoying, especially if they don't play into the "niche" playstyle.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,273
    Options

I hate ghostface too, mainly because after versing him more than 10 times his stealth doesnt work, you can held angles and essentially he is just an m1 killer with exposed. No proyectile, dash or interesting thing to dodge and interact in chase, oh you are at an unsafe pallet you got hit, oh you are at a safe pallet he has to break it. Playing against him is a flow chart, its incredibly boring.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,127
    Options

Unknown probably one of the most interactive killers in the game, how he is "Dreadfully noninteractive" tier, lol?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,360
    Options

Pop power, survivor must throw pallet or get hit. Scamper under pallet and M1.

Rinse and repeat.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

How dare I be mid card C+

• powerpuffCheryl
    powerpuffCheryl Member Posts: 39
    Options

I don't feel as if you have to genuinely enjoy going up against most killers to enjoy survivor.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 572
    Options

Juking a nurse can be fun and satisfying to do so it’s the dopamine hit when you can. I actually think she CAN be one of the more interesting killers to go against. Keyword is can though.

I despise Wesker more than any killer, honestly and it felt like all I faced was him for so long after he came out, and I just don’t have fun playing against him, and is one big reason I was starting to get incredibly burned out of the game (at least survivor). He’s sorta fun to play as though.

Demo is just really boring to play as and play against and to watch, I don’t really know how to elaborate further, I just think he’s incredibly boring.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,196
    Options

Pig too low. Dislike.

🔥🐽🔥

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,750
    Options

My own personal enjoyment to verse tier list;

• Anonymous_User
    Options

Because there is value to be found in potentially negative experiences… most of the time. Looks at D tier.

For example, I played against a tunneling Singularity on The Game who was using only aura-reading perks and disorientation add-ons (i.e., the one that alters the Terror Radius for a Survivor who is slipstreamed and the one that causes a Survivor to scream if an E.M.P. is used on them) to, to paraphrase what The Killer said in the post-game chat, "Screw with the tunnelee." This all laid the groundwork for using an E.M.P. on a slipstreamed Survivor (who was running No Mither, which added to the tension of keeping them alive) who is getting chased to matter. Since alruistically using an E.M.P. only feels as though it buys a few seconds, at most, usually, and protecting a tunnelee is often a delayal of the inevitable, buying a few seconds felt worthwhile, in this instance. (Plus, if I recall correctly, the tunnelee escaped! Though, I'm not sure if the Killer let them go, as, at one point, said tunnelee escaped from their grasp somehow. Nevertheless, the fact that The Singularity was clearly trying prior to that possible moment let this potentially negative experience that I could have given up on at any moment be a worthwhile one.)

• Anonymous_User
    Options

"10 times," in general, or in a row? If it's the former, then I think that only betters the match-up by pushing teams to both think like he does in an effort to find the angles that he may be stalking them with and protect Marked teammates more often. If it's the latter, then, respectfully, duh. Facing any Killer ten times in a row is bound to have them be framed in a negative way.

• Anonymous_User
    Options

I'm so sorry, Mr. Singularity. Please, don't steal my face.

• Anonymous_User
    edited April 27
    Options

I actually agree with what you have to say about The Nurse. Except, that "can" crops up less for me than it seems to for you; she can just be too oppressive for such moments to shine through the Fog.

This game could benefit from a Killer Repeat Prevention system of some sort, couldn't it?

I can see why that is. However, I don't entirely agree. While The Demogorgon can effectively fake their Power like The Executioner and The Deathslinger and be somewhat boring, as a result, their ability to get away with that is not as egregious as when those two other Killers do it. Meaning, trying to dodge The Demogorgon's Power does not put me at as much of a disadvantage, thus giving me the freedom to attempt to pull off mind-games more often.

Post edited by Anonymous_User on
  • squbax
    Options

It the former, after facing ghostafce 10 times not in a row you have seen all he has to offer, just an m1 killer which I consider to be the most basic and boring thing to face. Other killers have flicks, cool shots and special interactions, ghostface is the epitome of boring to face.

• Anonymous_User
    Options

I can understand your choices, except for your B-Tier ones. Would you mind explaining why you put The Dredge, The Wraith, The Trapper, The Executioner, The Singularity, The Unknown, The Nemesis, and The Pig where you did?

• Anonymous_User
    Options

I think that he does have more to offer; it's just that that "more" maybe has to be looked for to a further extent than in other match-ups and the players' willingness to do so will differ based on if they liked what the match-up in question had to offer up until then.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 629
    Options

Here is my list!

• Anonymous_User
    Options

Thanks for sharing!

I'm dying to know: Why put The Good Guy, The Spirit, and The Demogorgon as high as you did?

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 629
    Options

I find Chucky's power to be very unique compared to other killers, and dodging his power is the most fun part for me. Spirit I love the mindgaming she can do, and being able to stun and get away from her feels like a big accomplishment for me, it's like a huge challenge that I enjoy dealing with. Demogorgon is quite balanced, and just fun in general for me.

• Anonymous_User
    Options

I particularly understand your explanation for The Spirit. It's how I felt when facing the old version of The Skull Merchant — being met with a big challenge that was so engaging to try and beat, even if the levels of quality between the two Killers are different.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

I tend to change my opinions a lot but here’s my recent evaluation

• Anonymous_User
    Options

The Legion and The Unknown in S Tier, and The Ghost Face in the lowest of lows. I take personal offense to this tier list.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 377
    edited April 26
    Options

My tier list of which killer I enjoy to verse

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,750
    Options

Dredge is a cool concept. A monster who literally comes out of lockers. Trapper and Wraith are og's. Trapper creates great paranoia making you scared about where you're walking. Wraith is a stealth killer. I love the concept of stealth killers. He's one of the ones done right.

Pyramid Head and Singularity both have cool unique powers. The Unknown is the best killer they've done since Wesker and really creepy. Nemesis is fun because I love trying to dodge the tentacle. Pig is fun for the memes. I used to find her kind of insufferable when they would tunnel the people with traps on their heads, but since they nerfed her knowing where the trap boxes are its not really an issue.

• Anonymous_User
    edited April 27
    Options

Going against The Trapper and dealing with the immense paranoia that comes with doing so is more stressful for me than anything else. The most enjoyment I get out of that Survivor-sided but greatly irritating anti-loop-centric match-up is when a good team comes together to free someone from a tough area, like The Basement. More often than not, though, it's better to just sit on generators.

Why do you think The Wraith is "done right," in general, and done better than other stealth Killers, such as The Ghost Face and The Onryō?

Aesthetically, I do agree with you when it comes to The Unknown's design. Mechanically, however, I find that chases against him tend to go one of three ways: Try to dodge his blast and return to a now-dissipating area-of-effect, only for its hit-box to still be active; try to dodge his blast and succeed but be so out of position that he hits you anyway; or realize that the other two options are futile and just take the hit.

I had trouble figuring out where to place The Nemesis. Ultimately, while his Power can be dodged without gifting him a hit, it is how his semi-randomized Zombies have become less funny and more annoying as time has gone on and how there is, frustratingly, no visual cue for tentacle drags that caused me to place him in a lower tier.

Snoot boops into Rancor Moris is THE strategy. That said, while it must be nice for those who play as her to be able to use more of her Power, the buffs to her Ambush make it less mind-game-able and more guaranteed, at least to some extent.

And, doing things a bit out of order, I think that The Dredge was spooky at first, yet Nightfall just ended up being overwhelming in the worst way possible, and their chase Power is another anti-loop ability that is less mind-game-able than The Pig's.

• squbax
    Options

I disagree, personally ghostface is one of the most basic and uninteresting killers to face, along with myers and the like. I much preffer killers like unknown or slinger, blight and wesker too. Because they have an engaging chase, unlike things like nurse where she has the full control of the chase regardless if the survivor is good or things like gf and other m1 killer where the survivor is in full control no matter how good the killer is.

• Anonymous_User
    Options

A Survivor being in full control of a chase against an M1-centric Killer has more to do with how poorly a map may be designed and less to do with how that Killer is designed.

• squbax
    Options

Absolutelly true, however its easier and more feasible to just play a non m1 killer than to wait for bhvr to balance all maps. So for now m1 killers at least for me are a snoze fest to face, with exception of singularity, the only m1 killer who actually packs a punch.

• Anonymous_User
    edited April 28
    Options

You lost me a bit with this response. What does the notion that it is arguably easier and more feasible to play as a non-M1 Killer have to do with them being boring to face because of poorly designed maps?

• squbax
    Options

Easy, it is boring imo to play something I know I cant lose, example, if souls games let you take all hits during a fight and you can still destroy the bosses the game would be incredibly boring.

When I face an m1 killer there will be no spice in gameplay, if I get to a safe loop there is nothing they can do until the pallet is broken, if I get to an unsafe loop I get hit, inbetween I just hold W.

Literally following a flowchart, nothing new or exiting is happening just literally the most simple interactions the game has to offer. Other killers can shoot at you while inbetween loops, or use dashes and other mechanics that keep you alert, billy can curve, uninown can try and do some wallbang hits, slinger can try and hit you through small gaps. They are interesting to face unlike something you already know everything they have to offer.

• Anonymous_User
    Options

Thank you for the clarification.

The Ghost Face is capable of attempting some neat mind-games with his crouching and immediate access to stealth.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,360
    Options

I think that's about accurate, at least in terms of numbers of enjoyable vs unenjoyable.

• squbax
    Options

All the stealth or crouch mindgames can be countered by using checkspots tho, you just make the killer wate time trying to do fancy stuff while you wait on the checkspot. And the short loops where crouching is actually usefull, you can get a hit regardless with a good double back fake, whoch any killer can do.

Idk man as someone who has been playing this game since 2016 I consider ghostface to be of the most boring things to face/play. But thats just my perspective.

• Anonymous_User
    Options

That's a respectable perspective. Thank you for the conversation.