Seriously why are dc penalties still here?

Options

When a killer quits it's whatever you start a another match, still get your bp its cool but when a survivor quits a whole bot spawns in that does gens, goes for unhooks etc etc, so WHY is there a dc penalty...

I know someone's gonna say "well they exist to make players not wanna quit" or "so games can't get ruined" blah blah blah, that isn't a good excuse for having to wait 30 seconds to hours for quiting ESPECIALLY when this game still lags (horribly might i add) and they're still cheaters that roam around..

If this game didn't break every update and cheaters actually got banned then I can understand but untill that happens I won't understand the penalty.

Comments

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,203
    edited April 27
    Options

When did they added DC penalties? Must be years now… Can't remember. How was it without it?

And can you even compare that to today where survivors would DC for lit anything without any consequences?

I fear getting rid off penalties would be the final coffin nail for solos.

• alienbb
    alienbb Member Posts: 8
    Options

I thought that if you dc as killer, you dont get ANY bp. At least I havent whenever I had dc'd as killer. I literally get 0 bp. Yall get your bp's after you dc??? Must be nice lol 🤪

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 515
    Options

I don't think penalties should be removed, but they do need be capped. Maybe 30-60 minutes at the most, I would say. The DC penalties made sense back in the day, but now that we have replacement bots, the penalty should be updated to reflect that. With or without bots, there is zero reason for the penalty to stack up to days or more. Absolutely zero. Especially when you consider the valid reasons for wanting to leave a match (toxic players, cheaters, or the random game/internet connection hiccup).

• Valuetown
    Valuetown Member Posts: 253
    Options

In the long run, removing the DC penalty would require the devs to make GOOD balance changes and to do so consistently and more frequently if they wanted all aspects of their game to be played. DCs would act as a de facto gauge on balance and fun.

There is no denying that certain perk combinations and killer powers create a very unfun game experience for survivors. Vice versa for survivor builds as well. If there was no DC penalty, if a match wasn't fun for every player, they would leave. Why should anyone be tormented with the most unfun game of the month because some killer player is "entitled to their fun at the expense of the survivors'?" The devs would need to balance these combinations in order for them to be used without disconnects, which would require an accurate read on the community and the general power level of all aspects of their game. Take a look at the scrapped twins changes and tell me with a straight face that we are even close to that point.

This game is stuck in a weird purgatory where it wants to have extreme competitive integrity while also being a carefree party game for newer players. It's the desire to have both that ultimately is hurting this game. It needs to decide what it wants to be and to continue down that path without looking back. Remaining indecisive in an attempt to capture the widest audience only hurts the experience of people that genuinely care for this game and its gameplay loop.

Also don't forget, before the DC penalty existed, players could DC as frequently as they wanted. And guess what? Not every game ended in 4 survivor DCs or the killer DCing. Sure skill levels and the game as a whole have changed, but that is proof that it is possible for both sides to enter a match and enjoy the outcome enough for both sides to remain until the trial's conclusion. No, every game would not end in the killer playing against 4 bots. No, not every game would have the killer disconnecting. Let's not pretend that the era of dbd where the game felt the most alive wasn't during a time where DCs existed without penalties.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,505
    Options

Yeah, almost like when you offer players the option to roll for a more enjoyable match, they're gonna take it.

Likewise, duh, people are gonna flock to a new change and abuse it. That's pretty much the whole point of when they push bad updates to Live.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,678
    Options

Yeah I'm pretty sure Peanits or Mandy said this exact same thing last time this was brought up and this is why they will keep it.

People DC for the smallest reason and having no penalty makes it ridiculously difficult to even have a game that doesn't involve a DC.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

I don't know if this is sarcasm but in case of no, survivor still get BP, not the killer. Therefore the specific 7k for an escape mentioned in the post.

• burt0r
    edited April 27
    Options

So you would be fine with a noticable portion of all games ending prematurely because the killer didn't like something? Bots don't help on this side and killer bots aren't implemented in public matches.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,877
    edited April 27
    Options

The funniest thing is that the existence of DC penalties while there is the bot mechanic actually makes the matter worse. Without DC penalties frustrated survivors would just DC and a bot would take their place and continue playing, but with DC penalties they just let go on the first hook, therefore the team loses one survivor completely. So it incentivizes dying over giving place to a bot. Pretty good job so far, as they say.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 643
    Options

its been proven multiple times with DC penalties turned off in the past Survivors Dc rates massively rise survivors dc at any inconvenience

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,334
    edited April 28
    Options

This is untrue. Neither get BP in case they disconnect. For survivors however, there is a bot that replaces them and the game still tracks the bot's BP. That's why it looks as if they got their BP.

I recently had a match end because of server issues and the game displayed me as the only survivor that had earned no BP despite the dc icon on every player.

• BubMickey07
    BubMickey07 Member Posts: 285
    Options

I meant survivors still get bp.

You shouldn't get bp for whatever the reason you dc imo

• BubMickey07
    BubMickey07 Member Posts: 285
    Options

I mean honestly if the people that work on the game say "hey people won't stop dcing" then maybe there is something wrong with your game.

(BTW this is not aimed at you incase I came off as rude)

• burt0r
    Options

No, that's not what I meant. I know that quitter don't keep their BP no matter the side. (I have played this game since release until 3 years ago 😜)

I meant when the killer DC and the survivor get booted from the match they keep their BP.