How Do You Counter Scratched Mirror Myers?

Options
CountOfTheFog
CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,891

Is it even possible?

I've never escaped against him. We are all usually dead at 4 gens. He eats away your Distortion tokens real quick!

I have played as him but just to be scary, I didn't kill anyone (except for an annoying Leon).

Today as I faced him, I was paralyzed, as were my teammates.

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,886
    edited April 29
    Options

Last time I played against one was on Midwich (he brought the offering) and I had Shadow Step. It countered him pretty good, I just kept moving the boon to keep gens covered as best I could. Unfortunately I got matched with him the next game too and he made sure to get me out asap lmao

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 264
    Options

I just try and do the gens where you have clear LOS other than that just gen rush him. I often think it’s boring to play against.

• Agt_Scully
    Agt_Scully Member Posts: 156
    Options

I main as Scratched Mirror Myers 🔪 but only on Midwich, RPD, and the Game maps as the two-level floors allow you to see more area when stalking. The jump scares alone are worth playing SM Myers but I've gone against good Survivors / SWFs and gotten completely destroyed. It seems Survivors do better when they group repair gens (3 on a gen) or separate and each complete gens on opposite sides of the map. Myers is slow and clunky when traversing a map so I think you have to anticipate his gen rotation and position yourself to maximize space 🏃 as soon as you get a visual 👁️ on him.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

He is really only good for jumpscare hits and grabs, pay attention to teammates being disrupted and assume if he isn't bothering anyone for a little bit he might be coming after you, heal when possible in open areas and if he takes chase its a free win because he is a 105 killer

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,095
    Options

Turn up your volume and listen for his heavy breathing and let go of the gen when you hear it so you don’t get yoinked off. Always try to position yourself to where he can’t sneak up on you.

As someone else mentioned, Boon: Shadowstep hard counters him (it’s nice against general killers too since so many use aura reading perks). Distortion helps too, but it’s limited due to his lack of terror radius. SpineChill used to help a lot against him but they massacred my girl 😭😭😭😭

If you can stay aware and never let him surprise you (not easy, but doable), he’s easily loop-able since the add-on makes him painfully slow with a very very short lunge.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 534
    edited April 30
    Options

Bring a map offering. Scratch mirror isn't viable outside of a cherry picked environment. I've never seen a SM Myers actually play out a Cornwind game when their RPD, Lerys or Game offering get overruled. Boring advice but it's true.

OOther Than that, just recognize that it's Scratch Mirror and assume you are revealed at all times. Heal around checkspots and other safe places with Line of Sight

SM myers literally cannot loop, everything is basically an infinite against him so you need to make sure you don't 3 gen yourself or needlessly waste pallets

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,407
    Options

Scratched Mirror Myers’ main weakness is that he’s really bad at chases with that build. He has no lunge, or really any power at all besides having no TR and aura reading.

You want to get in his head. While you’re working on gens, where is he likely to come from? Position yourself in the open as much as you can, to give yourself as much reaction time as you can get. Heal as much as possible, and get a read on where the gens are. In the late game, he’ll definitely want to stick close to the gens.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited April 30
    Options

It's very possible.

Stay healed as much as you can and stay patient. Don't try to blast through gens while you're injured. The trial doesn't automatically end until the 60 minute mark.

Watch your HUD and don't be afraid to get off a gen if you're not sure where he is. Remember that he has aura reading on you, so position safely at a pallet or window.

Pay attention to how fast he's moving. He physically cannot catch up to you without blood lust/PWYF if you hug tiles when you loop them.

My general strategy is to frustrate them and get them to start over committing. Every time they see my aura, I'm positioned safely. Don't fall for it when they act like they're breaking chase. 99.999999999999999999% of Scratched Mirror players are waiting on the other side of the wall. Just stand and wait, especially if you see your teammates on gens and no chase indicators on the HUD. Let Myers waste his own time trying to ambush you. You don't have to be in chase to occupy the killer.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    Options

Maintain distance from blind corners and you're good. If you make it to a loop there's almost nothing Myers can do, you either run him in circles for 2-3 minutes, or he gives up.

I say this as a frequent Scratched Mirror player. I've had games on Hawkins where I didn't stand a chance because the survivors made a beeline for the catwalk loops and made it almost impossible for me to hit them.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

Yeah, I got that map as him too and it was really pointless. I hardly scored any BP.

Can Scratched Mirror Myers catch up to a Survivor with the Chucky perk called 'Batteries Included' ?

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,376
    Options

Stick to gens, try to keep track of him whenever you get a clue about his whereabouts, try to identify the places he is most likely going to come from and keep an eye on them and remember he is only 105% killer. He is slooow and just running already buys you a lot of time.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,886
    Options

"99.999999999999999999% of Scratched Mirror players are waiting on the other side of the wall"

This made me smile, it's so true

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,869
    Options

Heal whenever you can in open spaces and loop around tightly around tiles to punish him for his slow speed. If he is using Play with your food, then don't feed him stacks if you're the obsession. That build is gimmicky for a reason. You can use the same strat to prevent other builds from leaving Tier 1.

Go to 4:58 in this video:

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,349
    Options

You can literally loop him forever, I genuinly thought people stopped dying to this meme build like a year ago. In all seriousness avoid corners and if you got hit, you can just go to any loop, by the time he gets bloodlust to hit you again a lot of gen progress should be done. With like 3 or 4 chases done like that or better yet without the first hit, you should all be escaping.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options

isnt he 105% for the whole game w/out perks wih scratch mirrror?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,395
    Options

Well it’s basically useless on any map that isn’t indoors first of all. Then it’s countered by just not having him come around the corner for a free hit. He literally can’t chase at all since he’s so slow, so you can loop him forever.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

He destroyed my SoloQ outside yesterday with a purple thicken the dark mist offering. It was a disaster.

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 299
    Options

I usually die to scratch mirror Myers more than I survive but I honestly don’t care. Scratch mirror games are so fun because they’re legitimately scary. 🤣🤣

I love the rush of the constant jump scares, not knowing where the killer is and the anxiety of trying to get the gens done while always having to look over my shoulders. Makes the game legitimately scary. On top of that, I love a scratch mirror Myers who memes actual Myers by staring you down before downing you etc.

I’ve had some scratch mirror Myers play toxic and tunnelly but those are so few and far between. I’m honestly fine dying to SM Myers because they make the match fun and scary for me.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    Options

Yes that's a decent catchup perk, I usually run it. But it's not reliable until later in the game. Best used on Midwich.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

The answer is boring but effective as a flowchart:

• Do you currently know where he is? (From HUD indicators, line of sight, SWF comms)

If yes, work on generators if safe, otherwise make distance to a safe spot.

If no, stand somewhere where he cannot surprise hit you and wait until you have confirmation of where he is (teammate in chase, you see him visually).

This is basically the only counterplay that exists, obviously scratched mirror is easy to loop but in solo queue you will spend a lot of the match not knowing where he is, and the only correct play is to hold a safe checkspot until you do.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 246
    Options

He is 105% by default in T1. But you can increase it to 120% with PWYF. So, yes, he is s l o w.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,349
    Options

How? His white mask can be seen kilometers away, I thought it was on lerys or midwhich. That myers should have been looped till next midchapter patch.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,395
    Options

I would say keep your back on the side of the gen furthest from the corner so if your reaction timing is slow he’s less likely to get a grab and just a hit. Spend the time to heal up, don’t stay injured to where him coming around a corner gets him a down. If no one’s in chase, assume he’s coming around the corner. Soon as you see someone in chase you’re safe to work on the gen again. Against mirror Myers you don’t want to be hiding behind objects and around corners, you want to be out in the open so he can’t sneak up on you.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

He got a 4K on us on the Skull Merchant map. Do you know which one I'm talking about?

The problem was never knowing when to go for a save because he doesn't show up on Kindred.

• Peachblow
    Peachblow Member Posts: 29
    edited April 30
    Options

SM Meyers can be fun to play. He's slow as some of the SM Meyer mains have stated so if you can learn your map layout and find good loops, you'll be fine. It's Tombstone that's incredibly boring. No points for anyone if they decide to just end the game in 5 minutes.