Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Who can't stand the game anymore?

Been playing for 7years, I think it was time I get bored…

The game is just unfunny and unbalanced as ever.

Decided to stop 3 weeks ago, I played one match today.

Think I'll stop again, and that's just sad

Comments

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 382

Any game is going to get old and boring after playing it that long. Maybe it's time to play another game for a while. You might miss DbD and come back someday.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I'm sick of how quick the game feels… on both sides

I'm sick of players blaming each other rather then looking at the game for what it is

I'm sick of the Maps that are in the game… also this is like the 3rd time RPD has been disabled (I think)

I'm sick of players not seeing what they do (and this is kinda the same as the other one that I have said)

I'm sick of "meta" being a thing (but I know that will always be a thing)

• TangledNoodles
    TangledNoodles Member Posts: 248

You and I both, I made a post about the same thing. It gets stale after a while and instead of fixing the game we keep getting pumped with chapters.

I'd rather get work done on the animations, hit boxes etc.. but we keep getting chapters with abysmal perks, on the surv side at least

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Play something else for a week, try Civilization or something, just for a refreshing change.

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 333

unlikely that they'll change the animations after 4.5.0 scandal

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 409

And the money that new store is awesome x), Spared no expense

• HommeBizarre

May I introduce you to Frostpunk (if you don't know about it) ?

Been playing for 2 weeks now ahah

• HommeBizarre

They took my adrenaline from me,

My Meta is gone :(

• HommeBizarre

Nah, I can't stop playing cuz of the Rift

I don't want my friends to have stuff that I don't have O_O

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,853

Not been having fun myself as a long term player, so I am taking a break. I paid for the premium rift so I really should be value out of it but I just cant bring myself to play at present.

Fun is subjective though so I cant claim my feelings are a true representation of the game. But as a survivor I just kept getting killers I really hate light Knight, Trickster, SM and Twins and after the Twins update and all the issues with the UE5 upgrade I feel even less motived to play.

I am looking forward to the custom game mode though and will probably come back to try that… so I wish they would hurry up with that.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,944

With all the bugs right now, I'm definitely not playing. They should fix their game before encouraging players to play it. There are just too many problems for me personally to tolerate playing,when there are other games available.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,476

I mean hey its normal to feel burnout after a long time. Just take a break! As long as you need and come back whenever you feel that itch to play the game.

I feel a bit burned out since I played for 8+ hours for over a week during the bloodmoon event to get Trapper to P100, and that I was able to achieve.

Ill come back to the game once the bugs from this last patch are sorted, should feel all refreshed then :)

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

This is literally the most balanced the game has ever been objectively and that can’t be argued. That’s probably why you don’t like it anymore, because all the ridiculously overpowered stuff is gone. This game used to be a survivors paradise back in the day lol.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550
    edited April 30

In the past, I had a goal of rank 1 for both Killer Survivors, but not so much since the rank system virtually disappeared with the introduction of skill rates. There was a time when I was trying to maintain top 100 stats for my favorite killer, but I haven't done that since I gradually decided to just use Nurse and Bright. Now I'm just passionate enough to occasionally play SWF with friends and practice when I feel like playing a killer.

However, for the last month or so, I have stopped playing both Killer Survivor due to the possibility of getting caught up in Endurance-related (mainly OTR) glitches and Portal Energy & Toolbox glitches, and while I plan to return to it when that is fixed, I have been thinking about the possibility of further epilepsy-inducingI've been thinking about returning to the game, but I'm still having a hard time playing the game properly due to bugs that can cause further epilepsy and create areas on certain maps where the killer can't follow the survivor.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 406

I am a newer player and will be leaving the game due to most of survivor games are unplayable. Your teammates are either trolls or rats.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,779

Despite a few perk combinations and weird changes, I'm still having fun. This is my second year playing iirc and I am sitting on a P91 Sadako with everyone but 2 survivors P3'd.

• Veritere
    Veritere Member Posts: 38

Used to play everyday for the past 2 or 3 years. Nowadays if I play 2 days a week it's already a lot. I only play solo and the experience is unbearable to say the least

• Peachblow
    Peachblow Member Posts: 29

It's fair to want to keep coming back to try the game out, but realistically, if you can't stand the game anymore, just uninstall and move on. There's a plethora of issues the game still has. Coming from someone that plays both sides fairly evenly, I think there's a bit of an imbalance with survivors getting the short end of the stick on this one. A lot of the core issues with survivors' imbalance is just the huge gap between solo queue and SWF, really. I could write for days on that subject but TL;DR—allow survivor lobbies to see each other's builds, dare I say consider basekit Bond, have an in-game voice comm system (which you can toggle off if you dislike it) or even some sort of "ping/action" communication wheel at the very, very least. Also, killers have the advantage on controlling how the game plays out in the beginning. Play fair and let everyone have a good time or play like a dick and tunnel/slug/camp. Sure, you get those SWF bullies, but they're incredibly far and few between. Not to mention, there's too many cookie cutter builds out there. It's either Resonance+Pop and maybe Surge or it's full aura reading. There's not really a lot of countering with the gen regression if the killer players smart with their hooks. Distortion is the only counter to aura reading, but if there's times where you're not generating Distortion tokens fast enough to counter aura reading builds (i.e.: Gearhead, SM Meyers, etc.). Anyway, just enjoy your break. If the game causes you that high level of discontent, it's time to move on.

• AngryDuodenum
    AngryDuodenum Member Posts: 15

It's terrible….Long time player and thinking about hanging up my hat. It just isn't fun anymore with the slugging, toxic players, and constant attempts at nerfing and buffing that makes it completely unbalanced.

• Sunflower_Mage
    Sunflower_Mage Member Posts: 34

Dead By Burnout

For old and new player alike. As there is all the stuff about being an old player, but being a new player I feel causes a higher burnout rate. Like when 29.4% of all players on steam have the achievement "Get a character to prestige 1". That means nearly 71% don't even get that far with the game.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

I just looked on my PS app and that achievement is at 32.8%. Kind of eye opening tbh.

• Sunflower_Mage
    Sunflower_Mage Member Posts: 34

Yeah its rather telling to what I would call a churn rate the game has, basically how many players don't stick around long.

Then you have for older players a kind of disillusionment of the game. While this disinterest can come from the community such as by swfs, it can also come from more mechanical changes and implementations. Such as a rework or a new map or other such changes. Where the enjoyment a player previously had is drained just a little bit more until it gets hard to play for just one match a day. The long term players won't necessarily quit entirely, but they will take vacations from the game for however long they feel like.

• HommeBizarre

I woulnd't like the game at all if I was a new player.

There are too much things to understand in the game
    If you don't know the game, as a new player you will less likely WANT to play a lot. Especially if you keep lossing at the beginning not knowing what you are doing and why this happen

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

6 years here, and I feel you a 100%. I have to assume new players just have no idea what it was like when it was great, so they just take the abuse. I watch little console players getting BM'd hard and just keep trying. I miss OG DbD every time I play.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 386

What do killer mains mean when they say the game is more balanced than ever? The definition of balanced would be a 50% kr, which means the game is more killer sided than ever.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 877

The game is the most balanced it's ever been, yes.

But it's so stale and repetitive that it's insane.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 877

No, I mean what I said.

And the game was far more unbalanced in it's earliest years. Instablinds, instaheals, instant gen repairs, instant moris, old DS, old DH, old OoO, old Ruin and NOED...

So no, it's the most balanced it's ever been. It's not even the most killer sided since that crown goes to the Eruption meta with SM in her prime.

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 245

The dev's said they aim for a 60 % killrate on each killer. With that in mind, yes it is statisticly balanced. Unfortunately it is very stale due to sbmm, meta builds, swf, tunneling and rng dependency

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407
    edited May 5

The statement is flawed in the following way. The kill rates for the large pool of players ARE hitting their targets more or less, but individuals players don't care above the averages. If you as a individual are constantly getting seal team 6 survivors as a mid skill level killer the game is NOT fun, and the same is true if you play survivor but constantly get potato team mates or sweat lord killers. These individual experiences are not enough to sway the averages but those experiences are real.

As an aside, the playerbase should be more empathic and listen to the issues to understand them not listen enough to pounce on the poster providing feedback.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

How exactly are maps killing this game? I get that solo queue has it rough at the moment, but how are maps a problem? Except of course for the new Haddonfield map.

• HexHuntressThighs

Id be more inclined to agree with you if this whole post wasn’t designed to just be a “Who else hates DBD?” Post on DBD’s own website. If you don’t like the game then don’t play it. But instead they go onto the forums and tell everybody they hate it and are trying to rally people to hate on the game as well. This whole post is very insidious tbh so empathy isn’t really necessary.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407

It's possible their just being contrary, but, if like me, I used to love this game and played it a ton. The changes have made the current game much less fun and driven my play hours into the ditch. I used to average close to 20 hours a week, now its 1 hour a week max.

• HexHuntressThighs

I love the game more than I ever have before honestly. I kinda miss the old animations and art sometimes but that’s it. I’d much rather be playing current DBD. I play 30 hours a week for years now and it’s better than ever imo. People have different opinions but I think it’s wrong to try to convince everyone else the game is bad.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

All of the old things survivors had that were op were also extremely frustrating, dh, IW and CoH. That's just what is was when I started playing not to mention the far more absurd things before that.

Now lets move to killer. Eruption/CoB/OC was just as frustrating to play against, it invalidated plays.

So lets say all those things are still in the game, blight, nurse and spirit get reverted. They buff all the low interactivity mid or lower killers up to what is now A tier and then buff all the the bad perks up to current pain res level for both sides. What happens?

Everyone is even more frustrated and there is less interactivity.

Thus you dumb down the perks and the strong killers so the base game play comes through more which makes a lot more sense. The game would be even more of a mess like it was in the past if bhvr(of all devs 😂) were allowed to go through with your ideal.

What's the problem right now? A few perks could be tunned down and the game needs to address the ability to leave for free, tunneling, too many gen perks, backround player having very little interactivity.

It's far easier and healthier to fix things that are too strong than to buff up random things that aren't designed well enough to be good without being beyond frustrating.

Anyway if you reply to this please address multiple points and not just one point where you dismiss it. That would render your response to beyond worthless. Thank you.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521

I wouldn't say I'm tired of DBD I'm more tired of buggy patch after buggy patch with cheaters and ddosers and BHVR making no visible efforts to improve and preferring to blow us off at best and gaslight us about the situation at worse. So I guess I would say I still love DBD but I'm getting tired of BHVR.

• Donkeybqlls
    Donkeybqlls Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 74

Played for about 3 years, had a 5 month break and now I fire the game up for a game or 3 about every other weekend. I don't think it'll become the topgame I'm looking forward to on a gaming night anytime soon, but absence does make the heart grow fonder

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Don't just say "taking a break", DO IT! It's better than killing yourself on the hook or DCing.

In the long run taking breaks is the ONLY thing we can do to prevent the game from dying.