Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Slug Fest

As the title suggests, this is getting out of hand. I played several rounds today, except for the few in the solo queue that I escaped, all of the others were left on the ground bleeding out (myself included) at endgame. This is beyond frustrating and there is zero recourse. If I DC, I get a time penalty (which is another stupid feature). Can we please for the love of God fix the slugging game? If this isn't doable, then can we get rid of the DC penalty? No one wants to be stuck lying on the ground for 10 minutes waiting for the killer to finally end the round.

This happens constantly. FIX IT

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

So he was just standing over all four of your bodies until y’all bleed out?

• AngryDuodenum
    AngryDuodenum Member Posts: 15

Depends on the round…Typically what happens is you get down to 2 survivors and then yes, leaves both slugged. Or in a rare instance will leave one slugged looking for the last one. But most of the time there are multiple slugged survivors all just bleeding out

• AngryDuodenum

Out of all of my rounds today and yesterday, NO ONE has used DS….Also, it's a single stun….So I'm confused how this correlates to needing to slug every survivor and waste everyones time

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

DS was before, and it was even more horrible in the past. Throughout DbD history slugging has always been a reaction to some kind of BS survivors had: be it permanent sabo, 99 sabo, flashlight saves or DS. And now there would be an expected rise of slugging builds due to yet another buff to DS.

As for the end-game slugging, OP's team or he himself probably was teabagging the killer at every pallet, judging by how often he seems to meet such sluggers in the game (they are not that frequent even now). BM for BM.

• Junylar
    edited April 30

If you had ever played against a bully squad who would abuse DS and other stun perks against you over and over again, you would've known why some killers decided to go full slugging builds after the recent DS buff.

• AngryDuodenum

Again….I haven't seen that happen and yet they still slug. Sitting here right now slugged again…not a single tea bag or anything else. Just bastard killer mains

• Junylar

It might not have happened in your games, but you know nothing about other games those killers had had during the last days. And some could do this as a preemptive measure, since the killer can't know in advance who has and who doesn't have DS.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Ah yes. Because Killers only slug if the evil survivors did something before.

Really, get your facts straight. Massive slugging has nothing to do with DS.

• AngryDuodenum

Why is this a counter to DS? It's not like DS is preventing you from winning a round. That is like saying pallets are the problem. Slugging is happening regardless of DS. Which is the point of this post. Slugging needs to go away, period, end of discussion. Either slugging needs to be stopped or the DC penalty needs to be removed if you DC while slugged.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

And yet we have massive slugging before a Survivor is even hooked or in Endgame. OP even said that they were slugged in Endgame, your opinion was that they must have done something to annoy the Killer. Suuure.

But as always in this forum - Killer players cannot be bad people. It must have been a Survivor in the match who did something wrong. Or in a previous match. Or in the match before that.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Ah, more US vs THEM.

Best M rated game.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

People love to powertrip over some perceived slight. Letting you bleed shows that I am big and strong and you puny

It's just sad

• Peachblow
    Peachblow Member Posts: 29

"BuT bAsEkIt uNbReAkAbLe iS tOo StRoNg" -Every unskilled killer.

But really, just hook the survivor. Slugging is boring and nobody gets points. You don't need your precious 4K every match. If all survivors can get 20,000+ points, the killer gets 25-30,000+, and everyone pips at least once, there's a GG and fun time for everyone.

I try to make the game as enjoyable for all the survivors when I play killer by not tunneling, slugging, proxying hooks, etc. Some scenarios apply when all the survivors are grouped together at the hook, they've managed to three-gen themselves, or it's end-game. But really, it seems many killers over the last 2-3 months are intentionally making the game as little fun as possible for suvivors. Generally speaking, of course.

• AngryDuodenum

Could not have said it better myself. I play both sides routinely and I don't do this crap either, but it definitely seems like the killers over the past few months have been miserable to play.

• AngryDuodenum
    edited April 30

So you're part of the problem. Slugging, no matter the circumstance, waste everyones time. As I type this, I am slugged on the ground while the last remaining survivor hides in various lockers and interrupts the crows by sprinting or cleansing a nearby totem…..So out of 15ish games, this same scenario has played out no less than 80% of the rounds that I lost.

ETA: The fact that being "annoyed" by a survivor would cause any killer to act in that way just goes to prove the point…It needs to be fixed because you can't trust people not to ruin the game for everyone else just because they're widdle freelings got hurted by a survivior

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,123

Down + hooking someone > look for new chase takes up too much time and risk especially for M1 Killers.

There may be some players who slug and bleedout because of malicious purposes but that doesn't mean everyone who slugs is the same.

• lucidlux
    lucidlux Member Posts: 56

If you are really getting slugged and bled out that much, it's something you are doing, there is no way you are getting slugged and bled out by 12/15 random killers you face. Do you have some edgey gamerword as your in game name? What build are you running? Are you doing something like running Boil Over and running to somewhere unhookable or power struggle and crawling under a pallet?

• Blueberry
    edited May 1

The only situation that is actually toxic is having all the survivors slugged and letting them bleed out, refusing to pick up anyone. This scenario almost never happens to even be worth mentioning or making changes to the game over. If someone sees this regularly I question the integrity of how them or their team is playing heavily. I play way more than most people and I never see this. Doubt I've even seen it once in the last 500 games.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with slugging for pressure or slugging one of the last two people while you look for the other. That's what the killer is forced to do because the hatch mechanic exists. If you don't want this scenario then argue for the hatches removal. It's just an RNG free escape chance for losing.

Slugging is not the same thing as bleeding survivors out. Those are two different scenarios.

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 66

If they leave me on the floor to bleed out for literally no given reason I just report them after the game. I doubt it does anything but I'm not gonna do nothing while they are allowed to "remove" me from the game and wait out a timer. Only because the killer has nothing better to do in their life than wasting people's time doesn't mean that I don't.

While it's correct that there is nothing wrong to slug if there are two survivors left, I've had it often enough that I got slugged and bled out because the killer was not able to find the other survivor in that time. Again, 4 minutes of being removed from the game with no way to recover or do anything productive/gain BP just because the killer plays bad. And I am supposed to just sit there and watch that clown fiesta.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

For reporting for slugging, the devs said somewhere, and I believe in the rules too, that slugging, is not bannable, same thing for bleed outs I believe.

• Junylar
    edited May 1

Just now had a couple of games where I had to switch to my slugging Wraith loadout in flashlight+firecracker lobbies. And of course the survivors were salty in the end-game chat, even though they were the exact reason why they were slugged. If you load into the game for the sole reason of bulling the killer with blinds and stuns, please, don't get surprised when the killer is not so nice to you in return.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,420
    edited May 1

Or they have tomes that enjoy completely ruining trials in general. (This is a game issue, not player)

OR!

They just want to save their team mates from getting killed.

Or!

You're assuming you know everything about the game before it starts.

Its always something to make the killer deflect their own decisions. It plays out over and over again just like usual NPD. Starting to make a lot more sense.

Post edited by Spare_Them_Mori_Me on
  • Junylar
    edited May 1

Well, if they "just want to save their teammates", then I just want to get them out of the game without wasting too much time on the hooks and being stunned. As you can see, two can play that game.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

Yes slugging sucks I totally get it. And I find it cringe when killer slugg to find the 4th survivor instead of just hooking. But you have enough perks to counter this playstyle.

Either with Plot Twist, Unbreakable, Boon: Exponential and Tenacity - other Healing or Endurance perks can help too! f.e. We are gonna live forever, Boon: Circle of Healing, Botany Knowledge, Buckle Up, For the People. Survivors have enough tools to go against slugging and I don't think they need even more base game mechanics. Anti-Camp and Basekit Borrowed Time are enough to support them and allow for other perks like these named above.

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 66

Thought as much, it's just for my own peace of mind I guess. The slugging itself I don't mind (if it doesn't last like 3/4 of the bleed out time) but purposefully bleeding out is toxic and BHVR should acknowledge that at least imo

• Junylar

The killer doesn't care whether he was blinded for a challenge or for some other reason, it doesn't make the flashlight stun, especially at pickup-animation, any less annoying. The sheer obnoxiousness of the blind mechanic is the reason why flashlights are considered BM by default. I personally don't equip such challenges and don't pick flashlights when I play survivor, and somehow there are next to no sluggers in my games.

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 119

It's getting to the point that I'm regretting coming back. It's just not fun playing survivor right now - I have had 10 straight games of the killer tunneling, camping, and slugging - it's pathetic. Killers who resort to this need to stop playing the game - you clearly have no confidence in your abilities, so why bother? You're not good, you haven't accomplished anything, and all you've done is admit you suck at the game.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,512

How have your games been? Same thing? If you had the power, how would you personally fix it?

• AngryDuodenum

As a killer, being stunned is just part of the gameplay mechanics. That's like getting mad about loops or anything else. When I play as killer, it never bothers me and I definitely don't then slug everyone just because my feelings got hurt about being stunned. I mean some of y'all need to grow up a bit.

• AngryDuodenum
    edited May 1

I would fix it by allowing the slugged survivor to kill themself to exit the round OR get rid of the DC penalty if you are downed at the time of DC

• 100PercentBPMain

This type of slugging is literally exactly what everybody complains about. (Bleeding out)

• 100PercentBPMain

When people complain about slugging, they literally are talking about bleeding out.

• Blueberry

I would argue that the vast majority of the time they are actually talking about slugging and calling it bleeding out when it's just slugging.

• Junylar

As a survivor, being slugged is just part of the gameplay mechanics. That's like getting mad about hooks or anything else.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,420

lol. With this mindset, it's unreasonable to further discuss anything further. GL in the fog!

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,512

Oh yeah I get you. And this is coming from a Killer main.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 248
    edited May 1

Unbreakable being meta again then. Or No Mither will be useful

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

And now there would be an expected rise of slugging builds due to yet another buff to DS.

) DS gets buffed once

) gets a ton of nerfs

) the nerf that undid the one buff it got gets reverted

) "Yet another buff to DS!"

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

Sluggin is a valid strategy. Some perks are designed around slugging

Counterplay to sluggin is easy. If a killer slugs you and stays on you till death, yeah just do gens ?

It sucks for the slugged one, but guess what, bully squad sucks for killers aswell (hence why i run more and more lightborn to counter some of it)

Bring unbreakable

• Error_Social
    Error_Social Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2

I am tired of pretending that I slug for "tactics" or "strategy".

When I slug in my games, I watch as all the survivors bleed out on the ground, and I love that feeling.

And guess what? There's a bleedout timer, so refusing to hook when everyone is bleeding out is actually not a banneable offense, and there's nothing you can do about it, there's literally nothing anyone can do that will affect the way I play my games.

Post edited by JocelynAwakens on
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

Slugging is not the problem. It's hardcore slugging. There is a difference in that there is nothing wrong with a killer trying to get a second down right after the first (sometimes even downing everyone, if they all group up). But the situations in which a killer completely refuses to hook anyone until all survivors are down are terrible and should really be looked into.

Base kit Unbreakable was a horrible idea but I reckon that when 2+ survivors are on the ground at the same time, it could work. Make it relatively slow for 2 survivors and faster the more survivors are slugged. And for the love of god, rework Knockout. A perk that only works for hardcore slugging is a terrible idea.

• 100PercentBPMain

That Unbreakable basekit change was so odd to me. It was meant to be a nerf to mass slugging/bleedout but all it did was legitimize slugging by giving it a certified Win Condition.

I justwanted the auto mori to only apply when the last survivor alive went down to prevent losing slugs so we all can go next :(

• Junylar
    edited May 2

Why do you think it is terrible? It's not even such a strong tactic, just go and pick up your teammate, you have 4 minutes of free time until they die.

A perk that only works for hardcore slugging is a terrible idea.

Well, survivors have Boil Over, the perk that only works in bully squads and never otherwise. The same goes for Head On and some others. Funnily enough, slugging is the only way to counter both of them.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

It's not even such a strong tactic, just go and pick up your teammate, you have 4 minutes of free time until they die.

You underestimate how effective hardcore slugging is. A lot of the time during the match the killer is busy picking up, carrying and hooking survivors. What do you think happens, when they stop doing that and use a perk (like Knockout) that makes this even stronger because it all but guarantees the slug will be on the ground for longer?

Their efficiency is highly increased. Pick up your solo team mate that you won't even see. I'll be busy slugging the next. At a certain point you start hitting and slugging faster than the survivors can reset, which allows you to get multiple downs and make it even harder for the survivors to keep up. All while nobody does gens because they are too busy recovering. There are a few killers, maps and perks that really make this an issue, especially when combined.

Have you played against a Knockout Doctor on The Game yet? If not, spoiler alert; you don't want to. It's disgusting.

The same goes for Head On and some others. Funnily enough, slugging is the only way to counter both of them.

The counter to Head On isn't slugging though (exception being on Midwich). You don't have to walk close to a locker when carrying a survivor. As for Boil Over, there is no need to slug everyone to counter it and even in a full squad it's not enough. To really make it work they'll need sabo toolboxes and Breakout. Sometimes Breakdown as well because there is always the possibility they go down close to a hook.

In most cases however, you can really play around it. It's not always fun but it's definitely manageable. Unless they send themselves to Badham with a basement offering for shack but that's a map issue.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,123

Actually, Knockout alone can be countered even within Solo Queue. Empathy and Bond will allow Survivors to see even slugged Survivors. Knockout only blocks the basekit ability to see downed Survivors. Empathy and Bond are also decent perks to have in Solo Queue. This is where Hex: Third Seal comes in.

However any decent Survivor will probably figure out the Killer is running a slug strategy when they get hit by third seal and start looking for the totem asap