Is the lag gone yet?

WolfyWood
WolfyWood Member Posts: 452

Been having a craving to play but all the posts about the game being unstable have been putting me off.

Comments

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

They kill switched the worst maps for lagging but it’s still around. It’s definitely not as bad with high end pcs as I rarely have any lag or rubber banding. But yesterday all 4 survivors were running around by me and I started rubber banding like crazy.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Nope, still rubberbanding me a lot.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Haven't been playing but will try today

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,210

Truth is that it's different for everyone. I am playing on Nintendo Switch and have not a singlerubberbanding or lag problem since patch last week. My friend on the other hand, also on Switch, completely unplayable.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,195

I rubber band here and there, so nope. 🙂‍↔️

Can’t wait till it’s fixed. It’s so annoying. Too many bugs right now.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,481

Unfortunately no.

Also the game is riddled with bugs and it feels like they're not in a hurry to fix any of them LOL. We would've usually gotten a bug fix patch already.

• MarieAmethyst
    MarieAmethyst Member Posts: 12

Still rubberbanding throughout every match on PC (even with a new gaming rig), along with a bunch of other bugs

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,605

Mm… Bhvr might have done some server updates on their end because the stuttering is less present in my games. Some games it’s still there but it has gone down a little bit.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,046
    edited May 2

I was getting issues in about 1 in 4 games before. Now it's more like 1 in 20… and I'm not even sure it's the same issue... so give it a try I guess? Maybe you're one of the lucky ones.

I'm wired up to my router though, I wonder if there is more network traffic that is hindering people who aren't on ethernet connections/strong WiFi signals or something.

• NODD3RS
    NODD3RS Member Posts: 150

i have a low end pc so I rubberband maybe 1/3 games, sometimes it’s brief, other times it’s intense rubber-banding that gets me killed

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,369
    edited May 2

No, the lag is still here and affecting both sides

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 192

Nope, hits are still determined by killer so you are still very much at a disadvantage especially now.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,666

Nope i've still been rubber banding. I've tried every day this week i think and the same thing happens each day. It can be alright for some matches but then it becomes unplayable and i give up.

Keep an eye on the patch notes they'll probably detail it in one of them.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 857
    edited May 2

Since the patch, matches have been fine for me on both Switch and PC. So I've been one of the lucky ones.

I guess the only way to know is to try it for yourself.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 860

It's still bad. Even when I don't notice it on my end, I've been seeing killers get lost trying to find my body. At first I thought I was being humped but I quickly realized my body was probably teleporting around.

• MrRetsej
    MrRetsej Member Posts: 60
    edited May 3

Still bad as of 05/03. Playing on PC. I played four matches as killer, all four matches I had rubberbanding so bad the survivors were taking pity on me. And this is despite having excellent speed test results before, between and after my play time.

I was really excited to just have some fun games with meme builds since the change to pips was implemented, but so far the experience as killer has been miserable.

😥

• AStrayGod
    AStrayGod Member Posts: 4

Played a good few games today and only rubber banded once.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,912

Its really bad that they have let this go on for what will probably be at least 2 weeks before a patch fix is released.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,369
    edited May 4

Yes, it's is bad and the KS has only recently being employed on some of the more egregious bugs. I suspect they really did not foresee all these bugs with the new engine update. It must be a fun time at HQ if we are going on 2 (possibly even a 3rd?) week without a patch fix.

The skeleton crew (a.k.a the intern working from inside a janitors closet) must be putting in over time this week trying to get things ready.