The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Perk Ideas

HomemadePoopie
HomemadePoopie Member Posts: 24
edited June 2019 in Creations

SURVIVOR:

P-Jelly

You work hard for the money and tend to only get greasy stuff... maybe it can be of use somehow?

while in the injured state, repairing a generator reveals your aura to the killer while healing you at a 50%/75%/100% conversion rate. (0% to 100% on a generator by yourself equals one health state)

Big Boned

Destroying helps but repurposing seems like a good idea, too. 

Destroying 4/3/2 totems will grant you an instant 16 second action; Healing another survivor one health state, cleansing a totem, (and maybe sabotaging with toolbox)

I feel strongly about this one in particular for there is currently no incentive to cleanse totems besides to remove the possibility of NOED. 

Fiddler

If only I were a rich man... until then, this will do. Rusty and poorly made but enough to fix my favorite toy.

Unlocks the ability to consume brown/yelllow/green items to add 50%/75%/100% charges to currently held item. 

Fumigation

Sometimes a sacrifice needs to be made and I’ll do whatever it takes to not be said sacrifice. 

After repairing a generator for 20 seconds, Fumigation becomes active. When activated with secondary action while on generator, Fumigation will set the generator back to 0% and cause a blinding smoke to emit from generator for 5/6/7 seconds. 

The idea behind this weird perk is that there is currently no perk equivalent to a flashlight/fire cracker. Toolbox, med-kit, map and key have a perk equivalent. 

Four eyes

You don’t see that? Here, you can borrow these... Be sure to bring them back after you’re done. 

Unlocks the ability to share aura readings with 1/2/3 survivors within 8m. This effect persists on other Survivors for 15 seconds after leaving the effective perk range.

KILLER:

A Merciful Lie

They have no idea how they manage to get out of that alive but a haunting feeling still lurks, as if this is just the beginning.

By letting a survivor who was hooked in the last 60 seconds escape your wrath, A Merciful Lie is applied. If said injured survivor heals to healthy state, their aura will be shown to you for 45/60/unlimited seconds. A Merciful Lie is removed if engaged with.

Derecho

Intertwined and connected, you know a thing or two about these. 

After damaging a generator, a surge goes through to the nearest 1/2/3 generators and causes a silent skill check. 

Betrayal 

When you can’t tell the difference from good to evil, there’s no hope.

Survivors are masked by the killers portrait outside of 32m. After 3/2/1 second(s) of observation by any survivor, said masked survivor’s aura will be shown to killer as long as observation is maintained.

Agglutination

Using even the infectious blood of the others against your newest line of prey. 

Up to 2/3/4 uses per trial, after hooking a survivor for the first time, they suffer from Agglutination. While affected, the entirety of skill checks are layered with corruption, hitting corrupted skill checks will cause regression and lessen the corruption layer on skill checks.

(Corruption layer is lessened from great skill check side)

Abstention

They tried everything to stop you but nothing will. They can only hide and hope.

1/2/3 per trial, with at least 1 generator remaining, every time a hex totem is destroyed, the effects of said hex totem will persists for 60 seconds and behave normally.

(This does not apply to NOED nor Haunted Grounds)

In conclusion, most of these were thought of during the Hallowed Blight event and this is my first post on here so, be a dear, give this poop a warm welcome! :D

Post edited by HomemadePoopie on

Comments

• TheNamedStranger
    TheNamedStranger Member Posts: 17

Are these all general perks or part of a chapter you've thought of that I missed? Either way I enjoy these perks, they're simple but efficient. I particularly enjoy A Merciful Lie, though I don't doubt some would view it as encouraging tunneling. However if no one gets caught no one has to be revealed, yes? ;) Big Boned is also a good one! It would fit nicely with the token system some perks already have, so the mechanical itself wouldn't be terribly hard to fit I don't think. It does add incentive to destroying hex totems, a nice one at that. An instant 16 sec action? That's awesome!

• HomemadePoopie

I really appreciate the kind words and that you took the time to share your opinion with me, TheNamedStranger! :) to answer your question, no, these aren’t from a chapter... however, some might ultimately be implemented into one. I feel like chapters get more attention and I feel that I can create something pretty interesting for Dead by Daylight.

Until then, these are all just general pool perks I would love to see in Dead by Daylight. :)

thanks again for commenting!

• _LC
    _LC Member Posts: 105

some of these perks are good! A lot of interesting ideas

• HomemadePoopie

Thank you, _LC for taking the time to comment with such kind words! :) I wanted a 5 to 5 split and got kinda lazy with the last perk for both killer and survivor. My favorites are Big Boned and Agglutination.

Thanks again for commenting, _LC!