Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are scratch marks awful?

ChainsLogic
ChainsLogic Member Posts: 117
edited April 30 in Feedback and Suggestions

Scratch marks were kinda bad for the last year now it seems, but with the move to ue5 they only seem to have gotten worse. As someone who has no colorblindness scratch marks in their current iteration feel borderline pointless.

I was chasing a Meg yesterday, and a scratch mark she made legit disappeared, reappeared the next second and then disappeared permanently. She just ran past the tree it spawned on, and in theory it should have been there for 10 seconds but it obviously wasn't. They also spawn in patches instead of a trail, are quite thin and lacking in contrast against most of the environment.

Couple that with the draw distance limit and fog that makes any survivor that's just a bit of a distance away from you faintly visible and the game feels very annoying to play. Hopefully the devs can stop with the shadow nerfs to basekit mechanics or if it's a bug, at least acknowledge that, as it's a pretty big deal when this sort of stuff doesn't work properly.

Post edited by ChainsLogic on

Comments

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

Scratch has gotten worse with every major update since I started playing this game in 2018. The older players who have been playing killers for a long time will feel it more, when using a killer like Spirit, where scratch is important, perks to aid beginners like predators are practical, no joke.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Random grass/shrubs also just completely conceal them most of the time

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,529

Noticed this too.

Sometimes it seems like they disappeared suddenly.

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 66

Yeah pretty much. On maps like Mother’s Dwelling they sometimes blend into the environment and are almost invisible. All three of the maps you named have this weird colour palette of darkish blue/green/red mixed together

• KoreWaPantsu
    KoreWaPantsu Member Posts: 69

I noticed that inside the ship in Toba Landing scratch marks were almost invisible. It was a little better outside, but with low visibility too.

• SlowLoris
    SlowLoris Member Posts: 288
    edited May 8

As someone that is almost completely blind in my left eye, this has been very frustrating.

I thought I was imagining it, but this post confirmed it.

I feel like ever since the "scratch marks update" about a year ago, they've gotten progressively worse and worse, but after this update I constantly lose people midchase, because the scratch marks disappear as if everyone is running Lightweight.

I really think there needs to be a bug report filed, because it is making the game miserable.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,122

I agree. There even worse on borgo. I have a hard time seeing where they went. :/