If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do missed skill checks count as 'regression events?'

Options
Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,611

Just kicked a gen 5x (no perks at all/perkless Wraith) and it is doing the red spike thingy, now.

I've seen them miss a few skill checks, though, hence my question.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,803
    edited May 8
    Options

They are not suppose to count as a regression event. If they did, Survivors could just blow up all the Generators constantly to prevent the Killer from regressing the Generator, which wouldnt make sense and BHVR thought it out.

Granted, DBD did swap to UE5 so I wouldnt be surprised if a few bugs slipped through the cracks.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

Skill check fails do not count, no. Even if it’s caused by a killer perk it doesn’t count. Kicking a gen with Overcharge for example just counts as 1 event for the kick, if the survivor blows up the gen afterwards that doesn’t count as a 2nd event.

The spikes start appearing on the 4th regression event as a warning but they should quickly go back into the ground until the 8th event. There is also a bug occasionally where they don’t retract into the ground making it look like the gen has hit the limit when it has not and it can still be kicked.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

Yeah, that should just be the warning spikes kicking in. If the system is fully active I'm pretty sure you can't kick the generator at all.