If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Honestly I'm surprised oppression isn't used more.

Options
AetherBytes
AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,987

Am I the only one that sees it as a pocket ruin? Causes multiple gens to start regressing, and still allows "damage generator action" perks like pop. Also great for people who rarely kick gens. It's almost guaranteed value, and it can't be cleansed or disabled.

Comments

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 433
    Options

Cooldown is insanely long and the skillchecks are very easy to hit

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
    edited May 9
    Options

Four things:

1. Because it hits random Generators, it is really inconsistent in the early game. It is nice in the late game but overall there are just better perks to run since your general Generator pressure should overall be easier to maintain since you dont have to defend as much.
    2. Skill Checks can be hit, thus denying the regression. Overall you are better off bringing Hex: Ruin since you have the 5% they have to repair to stop the Generator from regressing, it also pairs well with other information perks such as Surveillance, which has always been my favorite perk combo.
    3. You have to run a lot of perks to get significant value from it which is overall not worth it compared to the more meta builds (Pop/Pain Res/Etc).
    4. Long cooldown… cooldowns are fine to have on a perk, since they prevent them from feeling like they are being spammed, but overall Oppression has a long cooldown.

None of this is to say that Oppression is a bad perk. I do think it has a niche, and as someone who just does not like running meta perk since I think it is boring, I do use it a bit… that being said, the issue is that said niche is something that a lot of people just dont care for at the moment, and they would just rather bring something else.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,019
    Options

I love Oppression!

I run it on most of my builds

Sure there are better perks for gen regression but I've always liked running Oppression. Especially useful when there's 3 gens left as one kick and you're good on patrolling gens.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

I would use it more if the cooldown was just a LITTLE shorter.