If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What happened to current-gen upgrades for the game?

Options
Nicholas
Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947

In 2020, the devs promised Ray Tracing, haptics, improved lighting, realistic blood, and other visual upgrades. Have they talked about it since? I hope this isn't like the promised PS4 Pro/Xbox One X upgrades that never materialized.

Answers

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,634
    Options

I mean they once talked about accidentally removing the option of anti aliasing and it took them like 5 years to bring it back... So I guess if you get lucky we have that option when the Playstation 6 releases ^^

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    edited May 9
    Options

Well, recently they ported the game into UE5, now it's a matter of upgrading assets, learning new methods/tools and utilizing them with that engine, and integrating things into the game over time up until they can release it all at once so there's little mismatch between assets. (And don't forget they had to try to make as much of the game's code work as possible when porting it over to UE5 too, so it has been in constant development)

It'll probably be a while. (Though we may see bits and pieces of it on the PTS that don't get shipped with the upcoming release)

But I'm glad they didn't do DBD2 and start from scratch with UE5.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,480
    Options

they also talked about console optimization… things get talked about a lot