May 2024 nerfs?

Options

So it seems like we have some more huge nerfs again and I’m sick and tired of the devs nerfing everything that shouldn’t be touched for one the community complains soo much and it’s very toxic. There is no need for any of the gen regression perks to get nerfed plus why nerf Chucky’s scamper considering survivors can dodge his slice and dice it doesn’t make sense. Why nerf background player?? Why nerf Buckle up??? I don’t understand this game anymore like STOP NERFING EVERYTHING. We can’t have a decent 2024 without so many perks and killers getting nerfed for no reason at all.

Answers

• xerox8521
    xerox8521 Member Posts: 94
    Options

Because BGP with Flashbang is unavoidable and thus overpowered. No looking up or away is not possible because you can glitch yourself into the Killers hitbox making it impossible to avoid it. Buckle up with FTP is a free escape for both which is ridiculous.

I do agree however that it is totally unnecessary to nerf gen regression perks into uselessness.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    edited May 9
    Options

They nerfed Chucky because it was too easy for him to abuse the scamper and get a lot of free hits. Its nerf is right.

After the nerf he will require a bit of actual skill.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 421
    Options

I'm one of those people who hated Chucky because of how useless he is when he is on CD.

This nerf might get me to try him out again

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 372
    Options

I think it's actually a good thing to stop power creep from happening. I do kinda wish different types of perks got buffed but it is what it is considering perks just get better because the context of the game changes.

I mean we may be entering a meta where Territorial Imperative of all perks might actually be decent which is crazy to think about.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,879
    Options

Nerfs for the strongest mechanics have to happen (as opposed to buffing everything else) avoid power creep.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,180
    Options

Buckle up outclassed every other surv pick up endurance perk and now has a more interesting and honestly fun effect of giving adrenaline speed boost so they live instead of both people being completely safe.

BGP was way too fast and let you stay safe while threatening a save from a good distance of most killers. Now you have to play closer and risk more going for saves. The 20s exhaustion is nice as well you can ping pong around more often in scenarios where the killer is getting hooks fast. I can imagine 4x vigil/bgp squads on dds being silly to watch 3 people constantly fly around with buffed sabo toolboxes (if the buffs are actually significant).

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,611
    Options

Chucky deserved it, scamper spam was just old legion on steroids. Guaranteed hits without proper counterplay outside of wait 20 seconds while the power is off cooldown isn't fun or good game design.

Gen regression deserved it and I wish they went harder. Same with gen blocking.

BGP + Flashbang when exploiting an issue with flashbang collision + walls would often times turn an otherwise safe pickup into a guaranteed rescue without Lightborn, because BGP allowed for the rescuer to arrive from halfway across the map. Nerfing Flashbang would be pointless because then it would become a worthless perk by itself. BGP deserved it.

Buckle Up was just an objectively better version of WGLF/Soul Guard/Made For This (if you squint) and when combined with FTP lead to scenarios which, while not uncounterable, were also not fun to deal with and felt like they took agency away from the player. Deserved.

I wish more things also received snazzy little buffs too, even just minor number tweaks, and we were truly brought back into a chase-oriented meta, but alas it's likely stealth and slowdown will continue to prevail for another year.