Anyone else disappointed about the lack of Singularity changes?

Options
ad19970
ad19970 Member Posts: 6,176

Before the most recent roadmap, we had a roadmap that showed that Singularity was supposed to get changes in the last midchapter patch.

Now I know that roadmap is very outdated, and the newer roadmap has existed for a long time now, but I was really hoping they just had to delay the Singularity changes a bit because of the Twins rework, so he would receive changes in this patch. He is really in need of some quality of life updates for sure.

I am really hoping he will see some nice changes in the next midchapter patch now.

Comments

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,173
    Options

Yeah it’s sad the android doesn’t receive any change this time..

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 203
    Options

I’ll never recover

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 497
    Options

Heres the problem with Singularity after watching Ohtofu play him alot Singularitys skill ceiling is so high hes like the second strongest killer in the game if you take the time to master him hes a god in high mmr but since hes so technical and hard to reach his full potential hes filters most of the killer playerbase. If he received buffs or QOL to make him more easier to play he would be as hated as Skullmerchant

• ad19970
    Options

I definitely doubt he would be as hated as Skull Merchant, even with some small buffs. There is a lot more interesting counterplay to Singularity, and the 3 gen strat can't get out of hand too much ever since the anti 3-gen system.

I do get that he has a very high skill ceiling though, but I would say no matter how good the Singu player is, he'll have a rough time against survivors that are very good and know how to play against him. That is without Soma Family Photo of course.

What I kind of want is him to be a bit less dependent on Soma Family Photo. I am going to guess you saw that one otofu video, where he used exactly that addon. With Soma, Singu is indeed a menace and doesn't need any buffs. But without it, he can struggle a bit.

So yeah, making him a bit less reliant on soma family photo would be nice. That and some quality of life updates. It's aggrevating having to lose a slipstream because the game didn't let you place a biopod at a perfectly fine position.

• ad19970
    Options

Yes this is the roadmap I was talking about. Interesting to see that it was planned even before the Twins update. I really am hoping that the SIngu update is still coming, and that they just needed more time to work on the update.

• Marioneo
    Options

QoL i will agree he needs, Soma photo is strong to be able to go against strong survs however i dont know why you think he has interesting counterplay since he nullifies pallets, loops in general, vaults, Hold W and Emps are braindead simple. Furthermore 3 gen system doesnt effect singu at all with all the TP pressure he can apply. Even if they do buff him they would have to address frustrating points about him like his spam teleporting in chase cause i know survs complain about that so he would have to have a cooldown for that

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,405
    Options

He's just extremely difficult to play.

He requires an extensive amount of knowledge that the average player really isn't gonna have. You need to know the maps inside and out, check spots, goofy geometry spots, predict common Survivor pathing, predict hot spots, make reads based off of the match etc etc

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 842
    Options

I mean. We should also be a bit disappointed that they ignored singularity in the cosmetic department as well. Skull merchant is getting fed with skins and tthey are literally just a chapter apart.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,532
    Options

lots of killers needing some love. including our favorite cyborg.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,502
    edited May 9
    Options

singularity needs QOL for sure without a doubt. I’ve taken a lot of time to play him and he’s frustrating. I have videos to show that.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 454
    Options

I’m more so disappointed that they buffed bubba before doing anything for Freddy or Myers. I say bubba because he is a licensed character

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

I'm going to guess, if it wasn't scrapped, that it was just pushed back. We also were supposed to get a graphical map rework for some map (most likely the swamp maps) in January, but that never happened. I'm hoping it's still coming because I like Singularity.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 469
    Options

Did we ever get word on what was up with that? Maybe they ended up doing something more substantial and we'll see it on the next roadmap. Either that or I'll see you in 4 years.

• Marioneo
    Options

im starting to think they put something in the contract so he cant be buffed or nerfed even touched in general

• ad19970
    Options

He definitely doesn't nullify pallets. Predropping them is effective against him, and sometimes there is a 50/50 mindgame whether you should drop a pallet or not based on whether he swings at the survivor or not. Survivors gain enough distance after a teleport to have decent amount of counterplay for sure. And then of course there are the EMP's.

And of course the 3 gen system effects Singu as well.

I don't want any major buffs, I just would like to see him become a little less soma family photo dependent. Pretty much what they are doing with Bubba for example.

• ad19970
    Options

Well yes definitely. He is very hard to play. But I feel like he is also a bit too dependent on Soma Family Photo. I would love if they somehow could make him a little less dependent on that addon, and nerf Soma instead.

And he could definitely use some quality of life changes. Placing Biopods in the environment in particular can be unnecessarily frustrating.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,487
    Options

I mainly want 2 things for him:

1. QoL updates, especially including better pod placement, it's way too common to shoot somewhere to place a pod and it just gets rejected because it's just barely not a valid position, it's very finnicky.
    2. The gap between playing Singularity with the Soma Photo addon (5% haste during overclock, -20% overclock time), vs. playing him without it, is really large. It's by far his best addon and frankly it's probably too strong for a single addon. But playing him without it feels considerably worse at times. I'm not sure what the best solution is to fix this though.

• Marioneo
    Options

Predropping is not effective if your infected he can just slipstream past it or during the drop for a guaranteed m1 not to mention overclock gives 50% action speed which depending on your build can be increased further hes only considered bad cause how boringly simple emps hold him back to get any real value from the normal killerbase if they ever nerf Emps thats when Survivors are gonna start hating him like hes the new blight

• ad19970
    Options

This is definitely not true. If you break a pallet by having it dropped on to you, or by teleporting on to the pallet, you are slowed down considerably for 3 seconds. That's more than enough time to make some distance as survivor. He can break pallets much quicker with overclock as well, but survivors can still make a fair amount of distance during that time as well. There is definitely no guaranteed M1 in this case.

Not to mention you can also predict that Singu will teleport, and simply not drop the pallet in that case.

You can just teleport to a survivor past the pallet, that is true, but again, the teleport takes a bit of time. If the survivor just stays at the loop, they can gain enough distance to run to the other side of the pallet, or they can just go back to the pallet and slide over it before Singu can get a hit against the survivor.

He has more than enough counterplay in chase, it just depends on whether you know that counterplay or not. He is honestly more of a anti w killer than an anti-loop killer.

I do think they shouldn't nerf EMP's though, that is true. They are in a good spot at the moment, arguably.