If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can gen regression ever be balanced? How can things be made base kit in the games current form?

Options
FrostySeal
FrostySeal Member Posts: 595

Title. I've always thought about how exactly BHVR can balance out gen regression whilst adding things to the base kit to make killers less reliant on gen regression perks, but I just can't see a solution to this issue at all.

At first, I thought that the most popular gen regression perks should be nerfed a bit and the useless ones should be buffed, but then that just creates a scenario where people are still going to just use 4 gen regression perks. Imagine PR and Pop in their new nerfed forms combined with a more useful Ruin, Overcharge, call of brine, or whatever else they buff. It would be bad for the health of the game.

So then I thought they should instead nerf gen regression perks entirely and then add some base kit gen regression, but then that still leads to the issue of people combining 4 gen regression perks regardless. Imagine if Corrupt, Deadlock or even Pop was made base kit combined with a weaker but still viable gen regression loadout consisting of PR, Pop, Ruin, etc. In this route unless these perks are nuked then it'd still be bad for the health of the game imo.

I don't personally like this idea but some people have brought up the idea of creating a system of sorts that prevents people from running to many gen regression perks or whatever, but I personally really don't think anybody would like this. Loadout freedom is one of the best things about DBD and limiting what people can combine would really hurt the game more than help it.

So…How exactly can gen regression be balanced in DBD? If you buff all gen regress perks making them all viable although less strong individually then you end up with 4 stack gen regression. If you nerf all of them and only keep two or three viable like right now then you make the game feel very stale as you constantly see and use the same perks every match. If you put a power system then you completely ruin the game's loadout freedom in addition to hurting weaker killers who more often than not need to use more gen regression perks. Last but not least there is a huge power disparity between a Trapper or Dredge running 4 gen regression perks and a Blight or Spirit running 4 gen regression perks, so how could BHVR close that gap if it takes years for them to just make some Killers even close to viable?

Comments

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 552
    Options

People are going to play however they want to tbh. I think the better idea would be to look at why everyone feels the need to bring 4 slowdowns. I don't use any slowdowns at all myself and matches last on average 6-7 minutes tops. Also gen regression perks are guaranteed value as they cant be blocked. A lot of people just pick more slow down perks instead of aura perks because Distortion literally counters every single aura reading perk.

Ruin and Undying was the healthiest slowdown meta for the game because you could completely remove the killers regression if you found both totems. But they killed that off so now people are using things that cant be denied or countered at all.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

I think it's time for some actual serious basekit gen slowdown then pretty big nerfs for all gen perks

• MrT1412
    MrT1412 Member Posts: 34
    Options

They should buff weaker killers rather than having their ability reliant on perks. It's the same problem with having anti-tunnel perks being as strong as they are with no basekit solution (other than good teamplay, but we know BHVR hates that).

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,127
    Options

I really hate this hypocrisy on forum since yesterday. "Oh stacking 4 slowdown was so bad". Yeah, but SWF stacking 3-4 Styptics, syringes, adrens+resi, dh, otr+ds, toolboxes, BNP is completely fair. I don't bring 4 slowdown, but when playing against this, game literally shout at me that i'm idiot that i don't. How long will the forum cry about one thing, completely ignoring literally same situation on other side?
    Why should killers go chill and empty handed against sweat squad? Just to make game even easier for already strongest players, having chilliest time in this game? If stacking is problem on one side, it's definately a problem on another.
    I don't tunnel usually in my matches, and i bring slowdown basicly for me having more chases and just don't see all gens done in 5 minutes. But dear lord, every update just telling me more and more that there is literally no other way to play than hardcore tunneling, if you wanna win as killer at least sometimes.