The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Chucky changes

VadersRage6
VadersRage6 Member Posts: 68

People who are saying this gutts the character you are factually wrong I don't scamper on pallets at all cause it's boring chucky is still really strong slice and dice is very good if your skilled enough and with cooldown being less cause of the changes chucky will be so much better to play if the chucky is skilled with slice and dice it will be scary and very hard to avoid overall great changes I personally didn't mind the scamper as much as other people cause most chuckys did it so you connect a loop or just don't pre drop every pallet on the map overall good changes I'm looking forward to the ptb

Comments

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

No its just sucks scraping a part of a killers kit imagine if they just got rid of Pigs ambush cause it wasn't fun or good back then

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,436

He wont be bad, but he doesnt have any unique qualities, why play chucky when slinger does anything he can do but better?

Like chucky without flicks is just a sad 110 killer with a semi decent antiloop, he is incredibly overated, like any decent team will wreck him die to time management, and now yes his cooldown is lower but his power is more easy to avoid so theres that.

My take is this change would be perfect if chucky could still flick, but in the state he is rn, just play slinger or wesker they are just objectively better.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,614
    edited May 10

I'm worried with scamper being removed that predropping will be a lot more effective. Especially on gideon, slice and dice can't really help when the survivors are just pre-dropping all the time. Also at the moment slice and dice gets used a lot after chucky scampers at loops. So even though he has access to slice and dice more frequently he also has less opportunities to make use of it.

I think it could go either way really. It could ruin him and make him weak or it could be just as strong or stronger and a lot more fun to play. I'm anxious to see how it will play out. He's my favourite killer.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,614

Well i don't play slinger because his projectile is very precise and has high punishment for missing. And survivors can break free. I feel like there's no room to be ambitious as deathslinger.

I sometimes play wesker but usually always with unicorn medallion. He can't cancel his bounds midway so if you miss you become further away from the survivor. Also without unicorn medallion you have to bound after the second one, this gives time for survivors to react, so you have to be very quick to get hits without this add-on.

I like chucky because he has stealth and slice and dice is fairly easy to hit.

I'm not looking for a unique killer just one that suits my playstyle and is minimally frustrating

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

We can have and did have both those things in Chucky. There is nothing gained from removing the one of the two unique features of the killer. Balancing scamper is hard, but it is possible and honestly it was already fairly balanced if survivors made the right play decisions. Removing it just means rather than them learning to not greed a pallet the killer just loses a tool and a layer of depth. That's the problem with this game currently is that unique traits get scaled back or removed purely to the detriment of overall game variety.

• VadersRage6

Like I said your overrating slinger my guy that's like me saying wesker is the 3rd strongest killer when ik he's not he's my main but ik for sure he ain't most people would agree slinger is b tier and chucky is A tier chucky has so many things slinger does not and I will list them

Slinger advantages as followed are you are ranged and can hit over small loops and gaps that's it

Chucky advantages your power is very hard to avoid due to third person if the chucky is good they can angle themselves to get a hit everytime if they know the person is going around a corner more advantages are followed by he's small hard to see while in chase makes chucky insanely hard to predict in chase with mind games your also in third person so you can peak around corners to see if the survivor is gonna hold a check spot or to mind game them chucky is also undetectedable while using his power which makes sneaking up to survivors to get a easy hit

Overall i enjoy slinger but saying he's better than chucky Is factually wrong and your being biased your barely saying any points and thinking slinger is better than huntress is crazy my guy I can't believe you said that you completely lost me when you said that yesterday 🤣🤣🤣 like how my guy

• squbax

Literally ask any comp player, slinger is way more consistent that huntress. Huntress can snowball a lot but only if survivors make massive mistakes, slinger doesnt need survs to make mistakes in order to down them. Literally go and ask momoseventh, knightlight and other comp players, most of thrm will tell you that A:slinger is better or B:they are on the same level.

• VadersRage6
    edited May 10

Lol bro this isn't about just comp my guy not everyone is gonna be playing that sweaty and even so I don't believe you your just batiing bro if you truly believe what you believe good for you I made this post to talk about how chucky is fine and you wanna start a whole other debate that frankly idk why I'm even saying anything cause it's a waste of time

Like ik whos better and your not changing my mind so drop it I dropped in the stream and instead you wanna continue it to be that guy

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

Chucky loses every pallet now except the ones in 'hallway' structures and that's only if the survivor vaults into the hallway instead of out of it.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808
    edited May 10

Then they could have just nerfed the time it takes to scamper like before instead of scraping it theres also plenty of killers who get guaranteed m1s but somehow chucky is the only one hated for it. The buffs just allow for more spam dash chucky which people will quickly grow to hate

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

these changes confuse me does it mean you can’t stealth around and scamper anymore?

• RootsofDredge
    RootsofDredge Member Posts: 41

Why do you think chucky is overrated exactly? He has a strong chase power, is very easy to play, and isn't map dependent.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Basically people hated how he could scamper under a pallet, turn around partially, then slice and dice around the loop he just scampered under to catch the survivor trying to loop him. Now he has to slice and dice before being able to scamper, thus removing his ability to turn around and go back around the loop with his slice and dice and putting him at the mercy of the max turn angle.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,761

I appreciate your ability to not use part of a killer's power, but this is kind of a bad argument against it really.

Personally I wouldn't mind scamper being tied to his M2 since they make a valid point of it being too easy to create lose/lose scenarios, but his M2 is kind of… Limited with it's movements in loopable areas anyway and becomes a different kind of lose/lose.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 353

The only people who are upset about the change are the ones who relied on guaranteed free hits at pallet loops to win matches.

• squbax

Rn his cooldown is his biggest issue, he is easy to play because of the scamper mechanic, which I do agree rn is problematic. But he is very easy to dodge if you are not out in thr open or in a deadzone. His stealth is countered by having ears and even if he surprises you and hits you with slice and dice, he has to wait 18 seconds before he can do anything, if he gets the down outside of hidey ho mode then lmao, that survivor got downed by a powerless 110 killer.

Is not that he is bad, Trapper, sadako and myers exist, its just that people overrate him so much when dodging him is so easy, his stealth is incredibly avoidable and prob his only unique aspect is he is the only killer that can use checkspots.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

Honestly all this is gonna lead to is Chucky players becoming more known.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

You're expecting people to be good at this game and have enough brain cells to loop m1 killers? Good luck lol, talking about checkspots I can already tell you're a ladder/comp player you told on yourself with that terminology lol it takes one to know one I guess but chucky isn't bad but not great he's mainly a solo stomper in my opinion

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,892

That's why i think they should increase his turn rate again.