Error_Social Member Posts: 63
edited May 9 in General Discussions

I'd like to see the general consensus.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Don´t know D&D… i hope it is something good.

Maybe we get a castle map?

• Error_Social
    Options

There's only one thing that can save this chapter for me, and that would be if the killer is a displacer beast or has a displacer beast pet (high mobility high killrate high potential S tier killer)

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 302
    Options

Yeah it doesn't look very exciting.

Then again, all of the additions since Forged in the Fog have been flops to me and I don't see that changing until they get a gameplay design team which isn't happening atm.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 302
    Options

I meant to include 'a new gameplay team' my bad.

And yeah that chapter wasn't very good either gameplay-wise but I liked the map and aesthetics.

Unknown was amazing, but the survivor is whatever and the gameplay was awful on both sides.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,697
    Options

Not pleased with WotC currently, but this is just mindless hate.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 372
    Options

I'll wait for the ptb to say anything although it seems highly probable to me we may be getting another AI power which historically hasn't been very good.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,492
    Options

I'm not sure I agree with that, primarily because I'm not sure what "mid" is.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,532
    Options

as I said in another discussion. do not like that it's WotC at all. don't wanna give them money, don't want them here. hate that money that I gave to dbd was potentialy used to get this deal.

to me this chapter is already a failure and can not become good.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,643
    Options

We don't really know anything yet lol besides it being a D&D collab

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,242
    edited May 10
    Options

I'm excited for this one - Yes it could be mid but there are so many many possibilities for the map, survivor and killer.

I'm not too into tabletop stuff - I've dabbled here and there but I know there's enough options that the only thing really preventing this chapter from being a homerun is whether BHVR can deliver on this one or not.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 454
    Options

a 3 headed dragon would be cool….

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,879
    Options

Looking forward to it. I'd love The Beholder to be a part of the power, but I'm guessing it may not be.

Either way, I'm really excited, especially as DBD is branching out further into different styles of games, media and style.

I'm even starting to think - in the upcoming years - The Magnus Archives may even be a thing in DBD!

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,614
    Options

While I like dnd, the chapter might just give us dull merchant 2, so while I love the theme, I'll wait for the PTB before I start celebrating. That being said, the potential for cool and unique cosmetics is really high with dnd.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 270
    edited May 10
    Options

Im really excited because we could get non human survivors with plenty of cool cosmetics + the killer could have some pretty interesting powers coming from a fantasy world.

Cant wait to see the map also :D

I like Stranger things but Im not a fan of having more than one chapter per franchise, RE was enough for me. I'm ok with more legendary cosmetics tho.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 200
    Options

Honestly, I don't…I never played DnD since I never had any to play it with and never really got into it. I know almost nothing about dnd. I dont think it surprising a good chuck of ppl are unfamiliar with dnd in the dbd community since both games kinda in two different genres. Dbd is more or less based around horror while DnD is more or less based around fantasy.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,611
    Options

The most critically acclaimed game of 2023 was based around DnD (BG3), I'd expect at least a passing knowledge of something given that fact.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

Perhaps the giant Oni thing was a test to see how a seriously big character could play? That thing might pop upnas the killers power.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

For me specifically, this will probably be really funny. I've been doing the "adapting killers into d&d" thread here, so it'll be kinda funny for the latest chapter to just have me go "Yeah, I don't need to adapt this one into D&D cause it literally already exists"

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,967
    Options

We have not seen gameplay.

• BlackRose89
    edited May 10
    Options

That doesn't mean every single person have knowledge about DND. Is it really that surprising? Lord of Rings was super popular as well and I have met ppl who knew hardly anything about the series. Yeah they knew so well known names but that it. Take me for example, I know BG3 and even own it but I haven't got the time to fully play it and if I based this chapter on that knowledge then all I would know is the killer would be a mindflail since the only thing I know from BG3 xD

As I said just because something super popular doesn't mean every single person knows what it's about.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 470
    Options

Would be neat but keep in mind My Little Oni required tons of map changes to work. If this is the killer power we'll either see entirely new variants of most maps, or some will just outright be disabled for the killer, the easiest example I can think of being Indoor maps

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,754
    Options

and lets not forget yes bg3 was a brilliant game and i think we will not see such a masterpiece in our lifetime but that is irrelevant cause this is dbd x dnd not dbd x bg3.

sure bg3 is based on dnd and has the monsters and classes from there but there is like a million things in dnd that wasnt in bg3 and that could be part of that crossover so even knowing dnd through bg3 isnt really helping cause i gues if its a dnd killer it will be some big character of one of the campains like vecna or straht

• BlackRose89
    Options

See I don't know anything about Ben a or straht. Honestly my inexperience about DnD is keeping me from being to excited. Since I know little to nothing about it, I have no clue what killer will be or anything.

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 758
    Options

all i want to do is play that Beholder. XD then i will be happy.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,074
    Options

🤬 Beholders. I killed one in some game called dark alliance. His name was Xantham or something like that. Thanks for reminding me to give him his routine beating.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,532
    Options

hagedorn. that's the name.

xanathar is the one with the fish that has a guide to everything

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,055
    Options

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar are a part of it and that’s all the cool ######### I need.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 158
    Options

We literally don't know anything besides that it's d&d. tbh I don't expect the killer to be amazing but I'm definitely thinking that the perks are gonna be very unique and fun.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Old DBD and new DBD not even remotely to close to each other. Just amazing the difference

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,502
    Options

We don’t have any details on it yet. How could you possibly form an opinion. lol

Jeesh. This community can be critical

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,152
    Options

I don't like D&D, I don't like WotC, and I don't like Hasbro. I'm very unsatisfied with the game right now and I don't feel like giving BHVR my money. So unless the chapter's new content is really good, I don't intend on buying it, at least not right away.

Map might be cool though, if the D&D chapter is giving us a literal dungeon as a map.

• Error_Social
    Options

Okay, I have read every single comment, and I must say that my mind hasn't been changed, this chapter is still mid, I will come back to this thread when the next chapter releases to tell everyone that I was the one who predicted it, and I will boast about it until I'm blue on the face (or red on my fingers rather)

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,105
    Options

That makes about as much sense as saying Chapter 33 will be mid. We know pretty much nothing at this point.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 470
    Options

That's a pretty good idea, mind if I hop Oni it?

I'm going to claim that sometime, somewhere, a DBD chapter will be mid.

I will make a thread saying this, and when the naysayers come, and a chapter ends up mid, I will come back to that thread when that chapter releases to tell everyone that I was the one who predicted it, and I will boast about it until I'm blue in the face (or red on my fingers rather)

In fact, I'm also going to claim that sometime, somewhere, a DBD chapter will be successful.

I will make a thread saying this, and when the naysayers come, and a chapter ends up successful, I will come back to that thread when that chapter releases to tell everyone that I was the one who predicted it, and I will boast about it until I'm blue in the face (or red on my fingers rather).

Ah, it feels good to game the system.

• ShinySilverfish
    ShinySilverfish Member Posts: 28
    Options

I agree. If it has no cool monster to play, it may as well have not existed. Such is the law of my brain 🧠.

• Error_Social
    Options
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,902
    Options

yeah WotC stewardship of DnD has been less than stellar. I’m not under whelmed but I’m not over whelmed by the idea either.
    Guess I’ll have to settle with being indifferently whelmed.