Will you stop the tunneling already.

Options
THE_Crazy_Hyena
THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 246
edited May 15 in General Discussions

9/10 games I have played today has been nothing but tunnel, tunnel, tunnel, and pain res + pop and one or two lockdown perks
Trying to do any of the tome challenges has been an impossible task. I'm sick of this sweating for 4K's all the time, as if the killer player's life was on the line. Seriously, relax and try to have fun instead.
I just needed to vent some frustration around the BP event, which is the time where the sweat is turned up to 11.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,779
    edited May 15
    Options

Sorry to hear it been that rough . Since the DS buff i seen far less tunneling. Hopefully your luck change

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,782
    Options

I haven't had a single tunnelling killer all day, but I did have a Tombstone Myers which is arguably worse 😑 right when I decided to bring BPS too

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

I ask my tome-chasing survivor buddies the same thing. Been a problem I've had to deal with for the past 5 years.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 541
    Options

At least that's something game is meant you to do, not like it makes sense to have such things tho

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    Options

I versed a Myers as well. No tombstone, but two of my teammates kept feeding him stalk all the time, so every time he found me, he was at 99%. The worst part is, he was not a good player either, just lucky that my teammates kept feeding him. That was really annoying to go against.
    In all of my survivor games, besides one where we got a farming Ghostface, I did not escape.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

For me as Myers main, I would injures 2-3 survivors and stalk them, to save 1 hit on the last healthy survivor. So really its not other survivors fault. Save 99 tier2 to 1 hit a healthy.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    edited May 15
    Options
    Post edited by C3Tooth on
  • THE_Crazy_Hyena
    Options

Well, in my case, I was genuinely being tunneled by a Blight with double speed add-ons. He didn't care at all about the other survivors. He just wanted me out asap. I got mad, DC'd in his face.
    That was after facing Huntresses in 4 prior games - Yes, I absolutely hate Huntress, and with a good reason.
    When I said 9/10 games of tunneling, I wasn't really lying. Granted, I did not get tunneled in more than a few games, but I had teammates who did, including my friend whom I duo'ed with.
    I did not face versus you, but I understand the frustration of being constantly accused of tunneling, despite not doing it.
    However, my point is that in 90% of my games today, someone has been tunneled out at 4 or 5 gens, with the killers running the same 4 out of 6 perks (Pain Res + Pop, Deadlock, Dead Man's Switch, Grim Embrace, Nowhere to Hide). It gets repetitive and boring, really fast.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

If you're playing for Tomb challenges why are you getting annoyed at not winning? You want to get wins AND go for Tomb challenges at the same time? If you want to do well and win consistently you shouldnt be doing any tomb challenges. Put on an exhaustion, anti tunnel (DS or OTR) or maybe in your case even both and maybe a Bond? Kindred? You can't expect to win every game if you're doing challenges and in a full solo team. Come on man

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,871
    edited May 15
    Options

Tunneling will always be a thing until they change the core game design, which basically causes it. All those band-aids with perks will not work, since you still win with tunneling even if you eat all of their endurances and DS's, especially on mobile killers. And they won't change the core game design, since it's too much effort and they can't sell the new game design in the cosmetics store. So the only thing you can do is to just stop playing soloQ survivor, or just farm Archive and go next (while avoiding challenges where you have to escape).

• Nick
    Options

Well just because you have a challenge selected that shouldn't give you an immunity shield vs the Killer doing his objective (Killing). That's DBD, the Killer has to Kill. Survivors have to Survive. Challenges are a side objective you can select, but if you don't like the main gameplay then that's a different problem.

• Nick
    Options

Well it's a Tomb >challenge< right? You just selecting the challenge shouldn't give you a free win? The Killer's objective is to KILL. You have to SURVIVE as a SURVIVOR. That's just the core gameplay we are talking about now. The Killer Kills, the Survivor has to Survive. No challenge should give you immunity or force the opponent to play a certain way you want.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,202
    Options

In short: You need to make killers regret tunneling. What i read here is the opposite, which leads into even more tunneling.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

bummer no but why DC it doesn’t punish the killer player it only punishes yourself and your team mates. It’s like seeking revenge by just punching yourself in the face.

As for other players being tunnelled and the frequency of tunnelling. Well if chased yourself you can say hey I was tunnelled.
    when I comes to team mates well that can be a little greyer. Most times if I do hook a survivor again off hook it’s because a scenario organically arises giving me the chance to do so.

I.e. - Their rescuer sprints off and they run into my face. I fail to find another survivor and happen across the same one healing in a weak position. You can’t blame a killer for taking advantage of that. So not all “tunnelling” is the implied malicious targeting of a player that people like to make it out as.

The killer isn’t expecting their opponents to stop doing gens for a bit so they can have a breather so why should a survivor player expect the killer to pause their objective. It’s a real double standard on what’s permissible in game.

A lot of players claim unfair tunnelling in those scenarios and not having a front row seat to it as another survivor you only have their subjective take on what happened. I see this a lot from streamers who like to claim tunnelling in any scenario and always frame it maliciously as the killer out to ruin their fun.

Now as for frequency we as humans have a tendency to only note the outcomes we are looking for. It’s a form of survivorship bias where you only measure one respective result and ignore the others. The Murphy’s law effect, “why does this always happen to me” well because we really only focus on it and remember it when it happens. So we gloss over when it doesn’t and its very easy to create a narrative that it happens all the time.

Sure you can get tunnelled it happens but as a recent user poll showed it’s not happening as often as the narrative around it would like us to believe.

• Flanders
    Flanders Member Posts: 17
    Options

Well. Killers are probobly salty since BH nerfed ANT-TUNNEL PERKS! so expect more of this in the future.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

Typically unless a teammate gives up or your team is playing extremely bad, you should only have 3 gens left after the first person dies at most, even if they’re hard tunneling. With many times at 2. I don’t give up in those scenarios because you’re rewarding that behavior and 3 gens left with 3 survivors is very winnable, especially if it’s only 2. Of course that requires the team to be good, but playing bad loses games, that’s life.

I would say I see tunneling in sub 20% of games and that’s being very generous. I think the reason people report such high levels of tunneling is because they consider many, many things “tunneling” that aren’t. It’s usually just them or their teammates making a mistake, the killer capitalizing on said mistake, and then it’s easier to scream tunneling than take responsibility.

• OogieBoogie
    OogieBoogie Member Posts: 189
    Options

Once again, you just made a strawman. NOBODY said anything about free wins. Being annoyed by something that makes the challenge too difficult doesn't necessarily mean that you want no challenge at all. Why do so many people pretend that middle-ground doesn't exist?

• Nick
    Options

I still fail to see how someone having a challenge selected should force the opponent to play a certain way just to make completing the challenge easier. Seems like OP has a problem with the core gameplay instead of the actual challenges part.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Its not. Yet, happens all the time. If you want to record someone doing so, action might be taken. Good luck in the fog.

• justadreampallet
    justadreampallet Member Posts: 74
    Options

I’m a killer main and the only time I tunnel is

1. Like 1 gen left and I have only got 3 hooks
    2. They are annoying (constant sabo/blind plays and tbagging)
    3. Snitching out their team
    4. or I see them closer then the person I’m chasing (decently closer like 10 feet)

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options

I barely get tunneled but bring ds just in case. granted I'm pretty sure im a mid-low mmr survivor or something considering how rarely I see actual meta perks.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,871
    Options

You can try looking at this from the survivor's point of view. You know, DbD is not a JRPG where you encounter a party of NPCs. Those are too living people behind the screen, and it's annoying to be tunneled out at the start of the game, and also losing just because your teammate was tunneled out at the start.

• Nick
    Options

Nothing wrong with a bit of venting, sure. But theres no reason to make yourself so angry because your opponent is doing their objective and youre doing side objectives (tomb challenges), putting yourself at a disadvantage. You shouldnt expect to have a good game when putting yourself at a disadvantage. No reason to blame your opponent also, that just seems controlling.

• Nick
    Options

Fun is subjective and I love getting tunneled tbh. I usually run heavy chase builds and nothing feels better than kiting the Killer all game ending up being the main reason he lost that game.

You know whats an "cheap ez win strategy" in my opinion? Early shift W to god pallets pre-dropping them instantly. No brain usage, just shift+w and spacebar. Great, dropped 15 pallets while the others clamp onto gens like their life is depending on it

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

The teabagging doesn't need to even enter the convo. They'd do it regardless.

This is how I see it.  As long as there are people teabagging at the hatch after winning, I don't think killers will stop tunneling and slugging for the 4K. -True

As long as people teabag at the gates after winning, I don't think killers will stop tunneling and slugging for the 4K. -True

As long as there are survivors that exist, I don't think killers will stop tunneling and slugging for the 4K. -True

I don't think killers will stop tunneling and slugging for the 4K. -True

Its stated again and again that they do it to 'win' as they can't any other way, apparently. And that is a very sufficient reason. We need to come up with better solutions since BHVR simply won't.

Annnnd…

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 541
    Options

You did, 100%, there is extremely high chance you've lowered BP gain of other survivors substantially, probably even hurt their emblems, too

It's crazy to think you aren't harming the game when you literally decided to not participate in normal gameplay, you are acting equally or even worse than those who tunnel

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    Options

Yesterday was indeed bad, but the matches I had today was the polar opposite. No one tunneled at all. So I guess it is also a "luck of the draw" when it comes to who you are opposing. Had some excellent chases, escaped some matches, and got sacrificed in others in order to give the team a chance at escaping.

Granted, I still faced Pain Res + Pop in 75% of the games I played.