More Nemesis Zombies?

Options
Yharwick
Yharwick Member Posts: 433

It's previously been stated the reason Nemmy didn't get more zombies is because the engine couldn't handle it. With the move to unreal 5 and 2v8 coming in the future is more zombies now a possibility? If it is how many do you think would be reasonable? 3? 4? I think 5 or more is where it would be a little busted but fun for a modifier.

Comments

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 230
    Options

They might as well. They no longer have that excuse to hide behind

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

I would love more zombies, especially for those larger maps.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 521
    edited May 18
    Options

He needs a Licker, a Rocket Launcher, and a Flamethrower. There is a DnD Lich on the roster, they aren't out place.

I hope he gets a classic skin and maybe even a bag head too, cause seriously, why does he only have two cosmetics?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

Make it 4 and make zombies move 25% faster per infected survivor.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

If they did make more Zombies spawn you best believe it'll happen when his addons get re-work…. and the more Zombies spawning in would be a Iri addon

But we also have to deal with more Zombies that can get stuck on Maps… or more bugs with them

So coding them would be a bigger deal then let on by BHVR

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

More Zombies would not make Nemesis feel more interesting to play. It would also not really give more of a feel of a Zombie Apocalypse, given that even if you double or triple the amount of Zombies, you would still barely see one in DBD-maps.

And it would also be a really lazy way of buffing him. I would rather see that they focus on the part which resolves around the actual gameplay of Nemesis, the input the Killer player has to do instead of just adding free value by adding more Zombies. (You can say they could do both, sure, but past experience has shown some occasions where they just went the easiest route and called it a day. And I think that this would be the case with just adding more Zombies)

• BurnedTerrormisu
    BurnedTerrormisu Member Posts: 19
    Options

how about the number of zombies to spawn depending on the map size? with a small query how many zombies are per tile so that there is no piling horde.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,499
    Options

Just give him a rocket launcher at this point.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,499
    Options

I have that one autolocked just to make people think im using addons.

• Memesis
    Memesis Member Posts: 35
    Options

Do you play nemesis all that often? The rare occurrence of a zombie appearing in a loop during a chase is way more exciting and interesting than his basic "if survivor throws pallet, use m2".

I'd easily trade the tentacle for 2 more zombies. Zombies force both killer and survivor to run loops differently and awkwardly because what most people often forget, the zombies body block nemesis too.

In fact, I wish they would just remove the tentacle. Maybe add a rare and not guaranteed chance to get a time limited rocket launcher after some rather challenging condition

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    edited May 18
    Options

"Do you play nemesis all that often? The rare occurrence of a zombie appearing in a loop during a chase is way more exciting and interesting than his basic "if survivor throws pallet, use m2"."

And how much input do you have on if this happens? How much agency does a Survivor have to prevent a zombie from appearing at a loop? How much effort do you have to put in as killer to guarantee this happens? What's the skill cap in mastering making the zombies appear at key loops when you need them?

If the answer to all of the above is zero, then it's not a skillful gameplay mechanic both sides can plan around and play around, but instead just a random event that happens sometimes when you're playing as/playing against Nemesis, with no agency from either side to encourage use of that element of his power.

If we're emphasising zombies and making more (and more, and more) of them appear in the map, then they need a complete rework to be something the killer actively controls and can spawn/despawn. They can't just be a brainless (literally), skillless husk that sometimes does something but instead there needs to be actual agency and skill behind them.

• MoNosEmpire
    MoNosEmpire Member Posts: 649
    Options

As long as zombies don't appear around hooks like a local gang I'm all for it.

• MoNosEmpire
    MoNosEmpire Member Posts: 649
    Options

mix that with the faster zombies addon and zombies are faster than survivors lol

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

Yo althat could be fire imagine lickers toung because iridescent and turned the 2 zombie into lickers that attacks like alien tail.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

Not really but more chaos sounds fun.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

Cause Capcom decided on that situation. Considering we got birkin and hunk then they're on good terms.

• Darkest_Night
    Darkest_Night Member Posts: 146
    Options

He absolutely needs it. I think 4 would be perfect, though that also means they'd tweak the add ons so he can't get his level 3 stupid quick

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 433
    Options

It's not entirely zero you can slightly manipulate it with add-ons and perks that create loud noise notifications the Zombies do react to. But also who cares? Why does everything have to be skill based? Why can't we just have something because it's fun? Remember fun? The reason people played video games to begin with? I hate this gaming culture thing of everything being uber skill based because why? Who are we trying to impress? So people can put up some montage on Twitter 20 people watch? So they can feel justified in winning because they did enough difficult things? Do we not think this thinking has something to do why gaming is so toxic these days? Because we're making games as difficult and stressful as possible?

Like 0.01% of the community plays this game for money everyone else is just trying to relax and chill so why are we actively advocating for creating a game that stresses people out and isn't fun? We can just have more zombies cuz they create more goofy moments and make the game more fun. As long as something isn't so oppressive for the other side as to be unfun I don't think skill matters especially for a game like DBD.

This community really needs to decide if we're a goofy party game or if they're trying to be "e-sports" but I'd argue the latter isn't in the spirit of horror at all but that's a different discussion.

• PogbertChamperson
    PogbertChamperson Member Posts: 108
    Options

Zombie quantity could change with map size, but more than 2 on small indoor maps would be incredibly frustrating. Big outdoor maps like Ormond could have an extra zombie or 2 (total 4). Though after Knights release I've been more anxious of introducing AI entities to trials. Getting chased by the killer player and an AI minion simultaneously can become incredibly frustrating.

His add ons would be a good place to make changes and I think introducing more add ons similar to the serotonin injector would be the way to go. The zombie gambit is already a scoring event and aside from building up your own mutation there aren't many ways to take advantage of it. That's where you could have his add ons revolve around instead of simply giving him power charge/cool-down reduction add ons.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645
    Options
  • HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

Iri addon- add 2 additional zombies

Purple addon- add 1 additional zombie

I really really hope they take another look at being able to add more. It just sounds so fun!

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 521
    Options

If the devs asked for more Nemesis cosmetics, as they were presumably the ones who pitched doing Blighted Designs, there's nothing to suggest they wouldn't get Nem's old design, so I wonder why we haven't gotten it.

Capcom was fine giving other characters classic skins too, what stopped Nemesis from getting that same attention?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

I advocate frequently for fun. Who cares about playing a game that isn't fun?

But, and I may be in the minority here, I don't find Nemesis' zombies fun. I don't find being killed because rng decided to kill you fun, just like I don't find losing a chase because rng decided I wasn't going to have a useful zombie all game fun either. There's a reason I main Pyramid Head still - there's a high skill cap for Punishment of the Damned outside of brainless zoning and beyond everything it is simply fun for me to get cool clipshots through walls.

Unfortunately, fun is subjective. Whilst you can get a general consensus, you will never be able to agree if something is completely fun for both sides every single time. That's why balancing has to be done on skill, because skill can be objectively judged, and you should play for your subjective fun in an objectively balanced game. You'll never be able to please everyone, but I'd be having a much better time if I lost because someone played better than me than because I simply got unlucky with zombie placements.

The game is a goofy funky party game, but that doesn't mean the goofy funky party game needs to be unbalanced and skill less. You can have a fun balanced game within it being a goofy funky party game. Comp dbd is a joke, and people who sweat like their lives are on the line need to go outside. I've never argued differently in my 22 thousand posts on these forums.

But just because it's not skillful doesn't make it objectively fun, it just means it takes no skill. And in my opinion, having heavy luck based mechanics in an otherwise non-luck based game makes for the most boring mechanics imagineable.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

All I want is a 3rd zombie so that playing Nemesis is a 4v4 and I have less situations where both zombies are in the corner of the map 20 miles away from the nearest generator.

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 196
    Options

As many issues as I've got with Nemesis' overall design—as far as being an adaptation goes he lacks many defining traits of the character and really runs counter to the source material—I think a third zombie and some more consistency on their part would give him a very fun niche. If zombies detected infected survivors better, treated tentacle hits as loud noises for the purposes of beginning to go that direction, and other such things, it would create a very interesting sort of playstyle, I think. I use perks like Thwack and Discordance to fulfill this purpose right now, and it makes the character far more consistent and fun—so I think he should be less reliant on perks for that.