What’s funny is that people want Chucky nerfed so bad but they don’t pay attention to Skull Merchant

Options
board24jason123
board24jason123 Member Posts: 61
edited May 19 in General Discussions

Chucky should get his buff back in the future I hope considering he’s not the one who is really impossible to go against and not so frustrating to face either but unlike skull merchant she’s ridiculously annoying. You mean to tell me the devs nerf his Scamper who survivors cannot learn how to avoid because they are lazy enough to camp pallets and want free escapes but complains how they get free hits from Chucky’s scamper?? But camping pallets is a thing tho right hmmm ok?? But yet how come no one says anything when skull merchant has these annoying drones that constantly makes you injured and mended when you hit them which makes no sense plus she constantly goes oblivious where you can’t hear her terror radius and she has speed when your in chase with her plus she makes you hindered and really slow to avoid from but yet people complain about CHUCKY but doesn’t talk about SKULL MERCHANT yet she’s one of the most out of any killer in dbd that needs a nerf

Answers

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 409
    edited May 19
    Options

SM is an abomination, that's true but saying that the community is not paying attention is flawed because she continues to be a recurring topic and people really hate her (with good reason) and I'm sure she's on Devs' radar again due to community sentiment and her high kill rates.

But if I'm honest, her rework can wait. other killers need attention at the moment like Freddy and Myers. their mains have already waited too long.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

I feel like they could do a bandaid fix to make her less appealing to play in the meantime, for the health of the game like limiting to a small amount of drones

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,225
    Options

Arguably scamper under pallets is just never in a good spot since most loops in the game are just pallets without windows and being able to basically hide completely under 90% of the walls on tiles then scamper under a pallet for a free hit on a 50/50 (which you can easily do multiple times on the same pallet in the same power usage) is just silly

Removing scamper under pallets, drastically reducing cooldown, and then (hopefully more) increasing scamper speed while charging will make chucky much healthier

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 151
    Options

Tbf Chucky changes aren't just a blank nerf and could even be considered a buff. Having his dash always be available 6 seconds earlier will give you as many hits if not more than waiting 18 seconds to brainlessly scamper for a free hit.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    edited May 19
    Options

The difference is people want Chucky to be balanced (which I think the changes proposed are overall for the better).

People don't want Skull Merchant balanced, they want her nerfed to the point of not functioning so people don't play her.

Those 2 things are very different, and is why any discussion on SM tends to be very unproductive.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 433
    Options

We get a new Skull Merchant thread almost every day what are you saying lol.

Also Skull Merchant doesn't have anything to do with Chucky or how brain dead old scamper was so I'm not sure what point your making.

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 215
    Options

Ahh another day and yet another discussion with people complaining about skull merchant. Madness lol

• IndigoWendigo
    IndigoWendigo Member Posts: 30
    Options

Best way to fix Skull Merchant is to just remove from the game. It’s not like anybody actually liked that chapter anyways lmao

• board24jason123
    Options

it’s not about countering her it’s the fact chucky has been out for 6 months now and this is his first nerf because his scamper somehow is a problem to survivors what about op loops and god pallets that survivor camps and it’s impossible to catch them without him using his scamper plus his slice and dice is not easy to hit it’s like blight and billy turns which is not always easy to hit survivors since their movement speeds can go left and right and dodge attacks. Plus skull merchant is wayyy different she has addons that makes her undectectable at the start of the trial plus whenever you in chase with her. Her terror radius is gone and you see no red stain she also has a massive speed when you loop her whenever you run through her drone it injured u and makes u mended plus it gives her a speed boost which makes her really fast and it makes you hindered that’s why it’s impossible to go against it has nothing to do with disabling her drones it’s whenever your in chase with her that makes her powerful

• board24jason123
    Options

Because she’s the real problem it’s not Chucky ☺️

• board24jason123
    Options

Im say

im saying they don’t bother nerfing her yet they nerfed Chucky is what I’m saying did you even read my post?? I said they rather nerf Chucky but don’t touch skull merchant which means there are more ther killers that are way more powerful than Chucky and the devs never thought to address and fix the situation if they want to make the game balance they need to look at all killers and not nerf the least playable ones

• board24jason123
    Options

exactly she needs to be nerfed and removed from the game she was a horrible killer and a very poor chapter

• board24jason123
    Options

Did I say multiple things should be a problem??? Noo I said if they want to balance and nerf things why don’t they touch skull merchant not just chucky for example they nerfed sadako and buffed billy like how is that balanced?? If you want to nerf something nerf everything so it can be equally balanced and Chucky is not the real problem in dbd as far as being one of the most least pick rate out of any other killers

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 638
    Options

i think Devs just want SM to be that easy killer anybody could play with no skill needed the braindead character like every pvp game has that one

• board24jason123
    Options

But did you also read what I said about Chucky too not just skull merchant?? If she isn’t hard to counter why did they need Chucky’s scamper where u can’t use it anymore?? So you’re saying survivors have a hard time countering Chucky because they want to camp god pallets and big loops that Chucky can’t get around too?? And skull merchant is a problem still it’s not about countering her it’s her PlayStyle you get in a chase with her in a loop she puts up her drone she immediately loses terror radius you run into one of her drones in a middle of a loop it makes you hindered and injured which makes you have to mend and gets a advantage of a speed boost and she has multiple advantages at once that makes her powerful.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,499
    Options

In terms of Sadako, you are talking to the wrong person. Billy got buffed, because he was in desperate need for it. He was undeniably in a horrible state.

Sadako was also in a horrible state. As the one on the forums, that advoocated for a revertion to her original state or something similar, i can only say that this change was extremely healthy for her. Sadako 2.0 was extremely simple to play and waaay too hard to play against. OG Sadako had a strategic skill component, that got thrown out the window with her second alteration. The changes for both of them where justified. The excecution of the changes is a different topic. PTB Sadako 3.0 was completely fine in my opinion. Billy´s addons where / can be a bit too much.

Skull merchant has been looked at. Multiple times. Shes by far not as problematic as she was (the IMO most unhealthy thing this game has ever dropped on the floor).

Chucky´s change is the first big change to this killer and also justified one. Scamper into hit made this killer, despite the skill expressive part and nature of his kit, extremely boring and predictable. Drop pallet, get hit and then repeat. With these changes, the skill expressive part is put more in focus, which is how it should be. However, I personally think, that now that the cheap hits are gone, they should revert the turn angle limitation that was implemented some months ago.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 238
    Options

why would they do that? Doesn’t even make sense learn how to play against her.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 433
    Options

Chucky was only nerfed if you over relied on scamper otherwise he's stronger.

Also it's very hard to determine if Merchant actually needs a nerf or not because the community just instaquits against her and insists on acting like children.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

SM is perfectly fine. get better at the game.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

Because no one likes to play against her, its what other games do when there is a character no one likes to go against.