Should deathslingers hitbox be increased or increase the speed of the harpoon?

Options
Akeeno
Akeeno Member Posts: 38

hello everyone! I'm new here! this is my first post ever, and I am a deathslinger main, just wanted to ask the

community here if they think slingers harpoon is fine, in terms of insane precision you need, even though the

weapon is a projectile (object with travel time). normally in games when a character has a projectile weapon the

hitbox is slightly bigger to compensate, like huntress.

but when characters are hitscan ( no travel time, instantaneous) they have small or accurate hitboxes

similar to singularity weapon when teleporting to a slipstream survivor. so what my point is, its that the

deathslinger has a projectile weapon with hitscan like hitboxes. i have situations where my harpoon goes through

survivor armpits and still miss, but when i play huntress, i could aim a meter behind them and still hit the

survivors backs.

is this the vision for this character? extreme precision, for a high risk/ high reward playstyle? but if thats

the case survivors still have a chance to get caught in the environment to not go down. deathslinger is the only

killer where you need a two step verification process to earn a down, thus turning players away. i wouldnt mind

this gameplay if landing shots were easier, but thats what makes the character punishing compared to others.

if that is the way hes meant to be played then i accept, but if not i have a 2 possible solutions.

the first is to increase the hitboxes for survivors, but i dont think that will happen or if its possible to

program unique stats for survivors per killer, but then again maybe they could looking at the lich/vecna. the

second would be to increase harpoon speed to trickster levels of speed. huntress hatchet is 40m/s, and trickster

is 55m/s. in my opinion this makes sense, huntress would have slower throwing speed but has bigger hitboxes,

and trickster has smaller hitboxes but faster speed. would matching deathslingers harpoon speed to that of the

trickster be problematic? i would love to test this in a ptb.

thank you all. and ill link a video i made below showing how small the harpoon hitbox is.

Comments

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 633
    Options

Deathslinger does need buffs I would buff the range and velocity and reel speed

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,202
    Options

I would increase the hitbox, but only slightly, to try to retain as many shots through tiny gaps as possible while still making shots easier to land overall.

Though if I was to change anything about Deathslinger, I'd shrink his terror radius, 28 meters at most but preferably 24 or 26 meters.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

I think the hitboy could need a little adjustment really not much and the speed of the spear should be higher.

Right now it feels likeif the survivor has a normal human reaction time they are going to evade 9/10 spears and they know if you want to shoot since you cant quickshoot.

This guves me the feeling i can inly hit a spear if the survivor fail and not cause I used my ability right

• Wiggles_Diggles
    Wiggles_Diggles Member Posts: 178
    Options

I don’t think so. The changes they are making for him in the upcoming patch. They are doing the right thing thoug making it not nearly as punishing spearing a healthy survivor by decreasing the distance they can make. Good start let’s see how this one turns out. That being said I would love if the decreased his terror radius again.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,778
    Options

unpopular opinion

slinger top 15. He need no buffs

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 521
    Options

They oughta reshrink his TR and maybe increase his shot hitbox a little. It'd be nice if maps were maybe altered slightly when he's the killer to make little gaps in the environment for cool shot moments, but honestly he doesn't need anything too big after the buffs. I just want his old TR back and I'd be satisfied.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 535
    Options

What kind of killrate do you think deathslinger should be at?

• Akeeno
    Akeeno Member Posts: 38
    Options

that was an accident i posted it and it didnt show up for like 3 hours, so i redid it, and then it did post sorry still new to this, dont know how long to wait