Why am I getting hit with a DC penalty?

Options
get_barted
get_barted Member Posts: 206

For some reason i get hit with a DC penalty if the dedicated server is disconnected. I do NOT DC yet I get hit with DC penalties. WHy am I being punished for with a DC penalty, if I am not DCing.

Answers

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

What is the message you get when you DC?

Because when the Server crashes, I dont get DC-Penalties.

• get_barted
    get_barted Member Posts: 206
    Options

This is the error im receiving. Im now hit with a 60 min penalty

• Aven_Fallen
    edited April 2
    Options

mkay. Strange.

Whenever I get this exact message (which is indeed the Server crashing and not anything else), I dont get a penalty.

EDIT: Or they changed that, I did not have that happen to me for quite a while.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,402
    Options

Usually no one gets the DC penalty when the server dies,. But I have rarely gotten a penalty when getting this error message and the trail continued, as in my teammates were still playing when I got tossed. Again super rare for me.

Their DC penalty system does treat any leaving of the match the same, no matter the cause. But yeah I thought the server crashing didn't apply a penalty most of the time.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 225
    Options

It's been happening to me lately and giving me penalties, but I've definitely had it happen before and not get one.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,087
    edited April 4
    Options

Is that the server crash message?

Looks to me like a time-out/signal loss, only worded from the clients perspective.

And if the server can't discern a connection loss from their side, it I'll also simply see a connection loss.

A server crash "should" have a dedicated analysis tool and remove the penalty.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

Yeah, Dedicated Server not responding is the message you get when the Server is crashing and everyone gets disconnected. And apparently they added a penalty now to this, because I did not receive a penalty when this happened to me. But I did not have this error for a few weeks now, so I cannot confirm if it changed.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

Whether or not you get a penalty depends entirely on if the server can tell that it is at fault. This is an unfortunate case with all online games. Many times the server cannot tell whether you unplugged your modem at your router or whether a computer in Dallas that you are connecting to BHVR through had a hiccup, or that it actually is their fault. Sometimes they can tell when it is truly their fault, but many times there is just no way to know where the problem occurred, so you have to get a penalty.

• grumpybrat
    grumpybrat Member Posts: 4
    Options

I'm getting hit with a penalty when this happens as well now. Its been an issue for a week. once it dc's once i log off cause im scared of running up this stupid penalty.

• Bedslamb
    Bedslamb Member Posts: 70
    Options

getting at least one of these disconnects a day , on killer , hits me with a penalty that seems to grow in length each day :( today's penalty was 14 mins ! )

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

It was so weird, one time as Survivor the killer dc’d but it looked like the server kicked everyone out. Both the Killer and myself received no bloodpoints. Super weird.

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 264
    Options

I’ve gotten that same message multiple times when the server crashed. Half the time I get a penalty and the other half I don’t. I have no clue why or how their system works.

• Bedslamb
    Options

reset router , checked cables etc , smooth all day , got Midwich , rubberbanding starts , get a disco & todays penalty was half an hour :(

• Bedslamb
    Options

any advice or help on this would beappreciated , managed a couple of smooth games , switched to chaos mod , half way though the match discinnected again , todays ban is 6 hours !

• losevich
    losevich Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

В течении недели переодически выкидывает из игры из-за проблем с интернетом (которых нет!). Мой штраф уже составил 2 дня… . Это можно как-то оспорить? Мне кажется, это не честно… .