Why are we gaslighting?!?

Options
skylerbound
skylerbound Member Posts: 743

I was doing a killer daily, zero slowdown as it was the modifier. 4 bnps and they brought a game map. I was playing an m1 killer, and every single person I chased pre-ran and pre-dropped only caught them twice being out of position otherwise I had to bloodlust and full brute force everything. I got 1 hook and was one hit short of getting my daily. Obviously not a good run.

EGC happens and I told them they were a solid group. I then get 4 sore winners that told me I committed to one person for too long(yes, but at a certain point you have to commit), and how they were all solo and how I need to get good as an Onryo main(I’m not and only played her for a daily. I might have 2-3 hours into playing this killer since her release). Well… one person forgot they had their twitch name in their bio… and what did I see… the same 4 people squaded up… and when they got into a game they were doing comp call outs.

So now I have to ask… why are we gaslighting? What’s the sense in this?

Comments

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

"just look at the shards"

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,678
    Options

Sorry you had to deal with that. Some people are just ######### for no reason. Don’t take it personally, they would’ve been acted awfully no matter how the game went.

Maybe they just suck and sweating in a silly modifier against a laid back killer is the only way they can win and they don’t want to admit it.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,790
    Options

Did you call them out on stream? I would have personally

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

The last few days I've been dealing with similar things.

One group claimed I tunneled when I went out of my way to avoid it until endgame and I only got the one kill. I also didn't run any regression (playing Insidious Unknown for the jumpscares with lightborn, Plaything and Corrupt) and another group that I 4k'd complained gens were blocked too long and I should 'learn a better loadout.'

Normally I get one or two bad actors a week but I can recount more stories this past few days than I can weeks prior. Even had to make a report on one going way too far in the chat saying things I should not repeat.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

It's games like this that discourage good sportsmanship. I wouldn't be surprised if this swf would probably complain non stop if they got a strong Killer who stacked slowdown and played nasty.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

What would that help?

Their viewers are most probably on the side of the streamer or expect that kind of behaviour already (or they either would've stopped watching such a jerk or got banned for speaking up).

In the end you would get banned from chat and probably made more fun of by the streamer and their premade group in their voice chat.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

This is another good reason to show premade/swf status after the match. So neither the killer can make excuses in case of solos nor survivor lying and gaslighting the killer.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,507
    Options

Sore winners are awful. There is no excusing that.

However, you had the best killer too tackle these guys.

Sadako is literally busted on this map.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 326
    Options

Sorry, did you use "sadako" and "busted" in the same post ?

I still have hope that you mispelled something somehow

• radiantHero23
    edited May 20
    Options

No. Im dead serious.

I main her and this is by far her best map. Shes completely busted on it if you know how.

I lost one match with her on it and in that one i played perkless against a 3 bnp, one syringe - 4man comp squad. Even that game was very close.

I asked the devs many times to change this map not only because its unfun to play but because it increases her normally ok strenght to A+ level.

• skylerbound
    Options

maybe but I don’t like playing her and will only play her if forced to. She’s just an m1 killer to me.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

oh, it's my favourite:
    – oh we are all solo
    also them: every survivor always knows where i am as stealth killer and preruns, give backs right when they need it, always end gens when i start to chase someone from hot gens, go down in a pallet/open with no reason and do other very coordinated stuff
    sure thing you guys are solos and not sore losers at all

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

Just saying if they play comp call out then they will eventually get a sweaty nurse or blight. You get what you deserved.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 332
    Options

Had a match yesterday on Chaos Shuffle where this comp swf brought Mac bone and was already spreading out & holding w.

Had 0 interest to play that out, got M1 perks on an M2 killer scrimming in a modifier. They go on to make me look dumb and gaslight after calling them out on it. I don’t care if I’m playing an S tier, just trying to have fun. If I wanted to play like it was a scrim I’d do it anywhere else.

• skylerbound
    Options

right?!? I’m not even a hater. I just super rarely get these squads on my main, it’s always a killer daily on a killer I’m either meh with and/or don’t like playing.

• radiantHero23
    Options

To each their own. Shes been my second main since she came out (excluding the time of Sadako 2.0)

She has a loot of deph and is definitely more than just an m1 killer. In the end, its your game and your experience. You do what you do ;D

• BOOTtoFACE
    BOOTtoFACE Member Posts: 41
    Options

A good SWF is always a game over for me.