The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you guys still see/play Unknown?

Can't find a match againts him for many days now.

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,560

I'm playing him as part of my main rotation.

Haven't seen him as survivor much, though.

• IndigoWendigo
    IndigoWendigo Member Posts: 30

I’ve played against 2 Unknowns today, neither of them could do much, I don’t expect to see them again.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,770

I hit P100 on my Sadako the other day and decided to pick him up again.

Getting used to his shots has been trickier than I thought but I do love the Insidious mindgames.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

I play him. I see him sometimes, but honestly, this is expected considering that the Hype of being a new Killer is over and with 35 Killers in the game it is just normal that you see a Killer quite rarely.

But I am a big fan that we have the same topic a few weeks after every Killer release.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,470

I see him pretty often on streams on both sides, but not often in my survivor matches too. I don't love to play him at all. Once-a-month killer for me.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,999

see him everyday

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 803

I love them so much, but I come from heavy M1 Background with mains consisting of Legion, Plague, Cenobite and Nemesis so maybe if I came from a Nurse/Blight background I wouldn't be as impressed?

After a few matches of having to play around strong loops, checkspots, safe areas, vaults etc. Unknowns my guy for being able to sometimes ignore about all those things.

With a little bit of info and stealth, you can assault survivors from Unknown angles. Seriously, if you haven't played him with Unforeseen and Nowhere to Hide I'd highly recommend that combo.

For example, you can use these 2 perks to teleport to outside Badham school and shoot a survivor in the boiler room, or snipe a survivor that's above you like Midwich

Unknowns very easy to pick up and play, but to really shine with him you really do need to put time in practicing with him. You can't land shots that you don't know are even possible.

I don't mind him being a niche killer, he's not for everybody.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,833

We've seen it every now and again (tonight had 1 too so thats somethin).

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I see him quite often and the nightlight stats seem to support this. He’s pretty popular.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 630

When there are so many killers who can do same stuff as IT but better, why play this killer? I figured he would go the lowest tier club very quickly and join Knight and few other M1 killers.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

Played against him twice yesterday

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,630

I haven't seen it since the mid chapter update.

I don't play it anymore because i became frustrated with the behaviour of the projectile. Mainly the bounce aspect, often the projectile will just explode on a wall and the bounce always goes in a direction i don't expect.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

I don't play him

Boring af, projectile feels aweful

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 165

I was playing a lot of Unknown for the first 2 weeks of the release, but there's only so many times I can get a direct hit with the power and get nothing for it or have the projectile randomly bounce off of the ground in random direction instead of exploding before it starts being irritating. I also still think that 7 second cooldown for his power is too long and makes him unnecessarily more punishing and clunky. That being said, I don't think Unknown is a weak killer, just too frustrating to play consistently.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

You won't see it in Survivor play, of course. Play Unknown yourself and you'll understand why. He is a severe type of killer with busy but not exhilarating controls typical of the last few years' killers, and if you make one mistake, you will be punished with stiffness and cooldowns on your abilities. It's not as bad as Singularity, but there are too many things to be aware of, such as how to cut the line of sight from the survivor and predict the bounce of the ability involving objects, to make it too tiring to play casually.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 325

I don't play them at all but again I never got the hype over unknown. I never found them fun to play mostly bc I hate lob projectiles in games. These types of projectiles are always extremely easy to dodge and hard to aim correctly. Either way Unknown was the first chapter in a long time where I wasn't excited to play since I hated the killer so so so much.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,743

Unknown just feels clunky and unresponsive with the controller. Not anywhere as bad as with Singularity, but similar in that there's lots to have to do & keep track of.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

I still play him. As far as the last year of content goes, he's probably my most played killer of the bunch. I've been wanting an analog horror type killer for a while now, so now that it exists I'm really happy and playing him a bunch. His UVX can be a bit frustrating to use at time, but his teleport alone is very fun to use, enough so to keep bringing me back to him.