How do YOU precieve moris?

Jim_Tonic
Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 555

To shade some light on why mori offerings should (or should'nt) be changed to BP offerings, im doing this poll. Its for me to see if really that many people feel "offended" by moris or not. And also for the devs. To circumvent hefty debates i make the Poll anonymous, its only about the numbers.

How do YOU precieve moris? 78 votes

Moris are toxic
2% 2 votes
Moris give the killer an unfair advantage
3% 3 votes
Moris are a nice flavour and the offerings should stay the same
61% 48 votes
Moris are a nice flavour but i think them giving Bloodpoints is better
32% 25 votes

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

The only real purpose a mori serves these days is either to avoid eating DS after tunneling or because it looks nice. And honestly for the second reason I might as well watch that on youtube… Does really have that much of a charm after you've seen the mori a few times.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

The only point in time in which you could argue that Moris were unfair was back when they didn't require Survivors to be hooked, so you could just instakill somebody on their first down. But now that they require two hooks, Moris are basically a non-issue.

Really though he finisher mori mechanic should have been in the game since like year 0, I can't believe it took 8 years to add. It's really dumb that the Killer needed to spend a special offering to actually kill the Survivors themself instead of getting the Entity to do it for them. Moris being just a cosmetic flashy way to end the match is exactly what they should have been all along.

• Jim_Tonic

the thing is i dont want to be required to sweat for the 4k just so i can have a nice alternate cutscene to the usual hook sacrifice.

• dbdplayerabc123
    dbdplayerabc123 Member Posts: 70

I dont understand these poll options, but I just wanted to say I just like doing moris because theyre cool, I wish I could mori all the time if I could. It's as satisfying as a mortal kombat finisher. My personal favorites are naughty bear (trapper), pyramid head, pinhead, and ghostface.

• Gmoore23
    Gmoore23 Member Posts: 193

I just think they're neat. Could they mean it's a sweaty killer? Maybe. But they could also just mean that the killer's just trying to see the thing happen.

• Jim_Tonic

in my case both is true XD In fact moris give a slight disadvantage because some animations take longer than to get to a hook nearby, only a fiew seconds though.

• Jim_Tonic

agreed, i'd have a mori offering every round if they were not so rare. The devs want to make it so last survivor can be mori'd at all times even when you dont use a offering but in the same breath they take away our offerings as a whole by changing them into BP's. Because "survivors felt disadvantaged by them" and i am trying to see if that is really what the community thinks or if its all just made up and the reason behind the mori change is something else.

• Gmoore23

That's a good point lol, I forgot about that. Either way they're fun though lol

• Jim_Tonic

yes they are. I hope the devs see the numbers of this poll, doesnt seem like people really think its disadvantous towards survivors.

• Gmoore23

Yeah I've only ever seen them as disadvantageous if it's an Iri Myers, and even then it's less of a disadvantage and more of a nuisance.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 746

wait, people get offended by moris???

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

They're a cool mechanic, but 100% an advantage to bring

• Jim_Tonic

advantage? it takes much longer to go through the animation than to hook people. You do realize moris only activate when a survivor would be dead on hook anyway, right?

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233
    edited May 25

They bypass DS, pallet/flash saves, bodyblocking the hook, and other counterplay to tunneling.

• Jim_Tonic

And yet, a killer doesnt bring a mori every single game, while you still have all the things you listed available every game.

• Jim_Tonic
  • VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

I really, really, REALLY love Moris, and have never seen them as toxic unless you tunnel someone out for them. There's some cool ones!

• Jim_Tonic
  • VantablackPharaoh91

I like Moris so much I create Mori albums. I have a Ghostface one that is ongoing. I'm tentatively maybe planning a Pinhead one.

No I do not have a problem I can stop any time I want,

• Jim_Tonic

haha thats actually wholesome! Nice you enjoy them so much, more power to you ;)

• VantablackPharaoh91

I mean… IDK if I would call this wholesome, exactly, but it looks pretty cool!

• Jim_Tonic

Clown has the worst one, and missed opportunity there to screenshot when he does the selfie :P

But i think all the moris look good, older ones could get a rework though but since BHVR is even thinking about changing the offerings to BP multiplicators i doubt THAT would ever happen.

• exzachely
    exzachely Member Posts: 28

My personal opinion is that Mori's are integral to the theme of the game. Killers are forced to play by the Entity's rules, and then get rewarded appropriately if they knock down a survivor after two successful hook stages. It helps remind the player that these are killers, and they get to play by their own rules sometimes.

I understand and respect the argument that it provides an advantage, as there is no counterplay once a twice hooked survivor is on the ground, but I believe that the match has already provided enough opportunities for counterplay by that point anyway. Survivors can prevent hook stages with perks/bodyblocking/flashlights and would have already had two prior opportunities. Killers that bring Mori's are not bringing map offerings which would provide a stronger competitive advantage.

I have noticed an uptick of killers that will hump me on the ground if I am successful in a chase or perform a successful pallet stun. Killers do not need Mori's to be toxic — there are more severe and easier ways to make things painful to survivors.

• Jim_Tonic

oh yes devinitly, there is WAY more 'evil' stuff killers could do. And some actually pathetic things that are even against the games ToS and for good reason. Goes both ways though, but you are totally right, Moris are part of this game and the devs have actually worked on these animations.

I dont see why they think its a neccessary change to make it where people will see them way less, because now you gotta 4k for the moris. (If they go through with the change that is.)

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 358

don't care one way or the other. If I play killer, I probably would not bring a mori offering instead of BP but as a survivor I'm not bothered by a killer bringing it; not really sure why it should bother me?

there are better ways to BM but a mori has never registered to me as BM'ing

• Jim_Tonic

yeah to me neither. BM'ing for me is things that the devs did not intentionally place. Perks and offerings are there to be used, i dont get how that is BM'ing. There is not really much room in this game to BM others honestly, humping a slugged survivor, yes. Same goes for teabagging after pallet stunns. And maybe the waiting and dancing around the exit gate too, but that one is quickly solved by just forcing the people out so we can que for the next match.

I think also the worst possible ways to BM is what survivors could do to each other (blocking or intentionally sandbagging or sabotaging the team)

So, Moris sound extremely mild to me even IF we somehow get a good argument why they count as BM.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 646
    edited July 5

Aren't the Mori's just pure cosmetics sold into the shop rn ?
    If yes, it will be nice to have same kind of humiliation from the survivors to the killer after 3 pallet stuns for the example, to balance the thing.

Except the fact we can't pass the scene as survivor as killer (just spoiling it a bit pressing 'Escap' during the anim), I feel that useless, ugly & unsightly (pure free violence ? ok BHVR)… just a perfect waste of time.
    The only thing useful for the killer to mori someone is that saves him a hook. But as soon as the broken hooks will repawn after X times in the future, these 'secret offerings' (but 'secret' for anyone tho') are fully useless.
    Finally, it adds absolutely nothing to the killer's gameplay, except some childish screenshots & fanarts exposed on their own profiles (that we can't even 'contemplate' during the game…).

• Insertcoolnamehere
    Insertcoolnamehere Member Posts: 15

OR.. maybe the killer is just doing moris because they find them cool? Thats the reason I always bring moris. There's nothing toxic about them. Also… moris aren't cosmetics. The only cosmetic that has a custom mori is Naughty Bear, which is one out of hundreds.

• n000b51
    edited July 6

They are not YET cosmetics, they will be cosmetics in the future as BVHR has annouced different Mori's animations compared to the 'standard' ones (you will be very happy when it will come out @Insertcoolnamehere , as proof you already can watch all the available Mori's animations in the shop). Maybe it will be just a false promise but I don't think so as you will be able to buy it with the 'gold currency' (aka real money, I don't remember her right name).

But I'm agree, I found no toxicity in the Mori's, just the way the killers want to necessarily use it on someone before the end can be annoying & very boring. But this is for another topic…

• Jim_Tonic

That makes it even more mind boggling why the devs would think of changing the mori offerings in the first place. If they plan to sell moris in the future, wether with unique cosmetics or just diffrent animations, it doesnt make sense reducing the amount of time people will see those.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,283

I just don't like moris tbh. Visually.

The one thing that I did notice is that some killers really go out of their way to get the mori - similar to how some people will go out of their way to hook 4 survs in basement in one match. Yes, theres an achievement and some challenges want you to hook a certain amount of survs in the basement but i still find it rather cringe to force it. may just be my perception tho

• n000b51
    edited July 6

Yeah like in

Exactly, like in Scary Movie. Hikes. It is just ridiculously bad to watch.
    And DbD isn't the perfect definition of 'horror' but it is subjective I guess.

• Jim_Tonic

How is it cringe when it is in the game???? maybe you need to step away from the game a bit to realize we dont do it to offend you.

its cringe to blame someone for enjoying things that are programmed into the game. that is cringe.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,283

I had a somewhat longer reply typed out but I'm not here for an argument. You asked for an opinion, I gave you an opinion. You seem to not like it and that reply of yours somehow gives me the impression you don't actually care about other people's opinions/perceptions. So I guess that's that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have a good day.

• Jim_Tonic

I asked a question in my reply. I guess you cant give a good answer.

If there are good reasons as to why i should handicap myself in my playstyle for some stranger in a video game then im happy to hear it, you can even DM me about it because this thread is about something completely else.

• YulechkaLive
    YulechkaLive Member Posts: 109

As a survivor, I like it when killers use an interesting mori on me, for example, I like Deathslinger mori

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

I really love Mori's and want to see more of them for each killer. Imagine if Huntress had a special mori for downing a survivor on death hook past 24 meters. That would be sick

• Jim_Tonic

Would be probably a little much but i like the idea. But you never know things like these are not out of possibillity.

They could sell Moris in the cosmetics aswell, just like they did with Naughty bear. Strange decision on BHVRs side to change the mori offerings when noone had an issiue with those.

• Jim_Tonic

I agree whenever i see a killer has a mori offering im way more happy to die as survivor lol. A little bit of action going on rather than the old school sacrificing animation on hook.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

An indifferent option would have been the way. I just view it as as a part of the game.

• Jim_Tonic

i think option 4 would be then your cup of tea no? Because right now Mori offerings have nothing of interest for you, later they at least could become BP modificators and maybe be more interesting for you that way. All though cakes are still a better option ofc.

But yeah if that is not the case my bad, i tried to think of all view points but i myself are clearly biased so its hard to have a fitting option for everyone.

• Levallan
    Levallan Member Posts: 5

I love being Mori'd as a survivor. It makes me feel special to the killer since they put in something they spent BP on.

Sometimes when I find out the killer has a Mori I am more inclined to be killed!

Out of context this would sound so bizarre!

Keep the Mori!

• Jim_Tonic

I totaly relate to that, i also dont try as hard if i see a mori when playing survivor ^^ and you've got a nice way to viewing those.

• Jim_Tonic

My conclusion for now when we look at the poll:

Majority of people want the moris to stay the same and not get changed, while a noticable portion of players would welcome them being changed into BP multiplicators, even though its the smaller portion, its still alot of people.

But almost noone seems to actually precieve them as toxic let alone advantageous for the killer. Ofc there is exceptions as people can have diffrent opinions.

But i hope the devs take notice from this poll and maybe re-think their approach on the mori offerings. They could always leave them the way they are and still add the BP multiplications too, without removing the abillity to mori first or second or third survivor after 2 hook states. This should please 92% of the people that participated in this vote so far.

Unless a sudden flood of people that think moris are advantagous and/or toxic appears from thin air, i think its safe to say right now the planned mori offerings change is against the community favor.