What are your thoughts on the new map?

Options
streetratzz
streetratzz Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

Survivors say the outside is too strong for killers

Killers say the portals and dungeon is too strong for survivors.

Why is that? What are your opinions on this map?

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,260
    Options

If the survivors do all the dungeon gens first its pretty much a guaranteed win for the killer

• wakesafe
    wakesafe Member Posts: 20
    Options

I get to run all my beloved trap killers. Agitation+Starstruck Hag, Coup+STBFL+Rapid Brutality+Jolt speedy SM, and good ol Trapper and I haven’t lost. Outside is terribad for Survivors and if they make dungeon weaker they will need to buff it to compensate. I like the map aesthetics, the verticality and the unique teleport but it’s ez mode on trap Killers.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 643
    Options

dungeon is an atrocity rework this map already

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 306
    Options

Terrible gameplay wise and has no flow.

• Tzimiscelord
    Tzimiscelord Member Posts: 104
    Options

As killer, i ignore the 2 gens in dungeon and limit myself to defend those that are in the open.

I have never lost in that map so far.

• WashYourHands
    WashYourHands Member Posts: 208
    Options

the portal mechanic is stupid. rework the map and remove them.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,550
    Options

Visually, it's amazing.

Gameplay-wise, it's bad.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,801
    Options

It's bugged. We all had to let go on hook cos our team mate got stuck in the portal

• Foodnt
    Foodnt Member Posts: 61
    Options

the map feels like its just made and not tested.

if you sacrifice someone on the hook in the dungeon you cant hook someone else who went into the dungeon , because of the distance to another hook

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,027
    Options

I think it shows the issues with multi-story maps that want to include an outside area. Obviously outside the dungeon is pretty strong and easy to defend for killer, but inside is a survivor jungle gym. It's an ambitious map choice but i feel it would need special treatment on placement of generators and hooks as you can easily be without hooks in the dungeon or have an easy 3-4 gen defense outside because of spawns. It should probably not have any Map generation aside from basement spawns.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,706
    Options

I didn't like Borgo to begin with, so putting this map in that realm was already a disappointment. Aesthetically, the map is too dark. The dungeon is supposed to be the strongest area for survivors, but outside the dungeon is just kind of meh.

• Wraff
    Wraff Member Posts: 139
    Options

Its pretty bad

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,775
    Options

Horrible for killer.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,214
    edited June 9
    Options

Survivor: Top area is a deadzone 30s in if you get bad maze tile rng ggs. Gates are always next to each other making any type of solo escape impossible.

Killer: You can't really chase through portals or downstairs really at all unless you want to waste your time for nothing. You're forced to just hold a 3/4 gen top side and proxy the unfortunate soul that didn't make it to a portal.

Portals are just cheese in general though and the map should be reworked to give more pallets upstairs while nerfing downstairs.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 479
    Options
  • Jaredleto1234
    Jaredleto1234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 70
    Options

Same. Terror radius is useless. Aura perks are useless. They managed to do something special here, and I hate it.

• st256
    st256 Member Posts: 4
    Options

outside area, remove everything.
    It should be reworked into a new map that looks like an underground only dungeon.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,422
    Options

Its a big mess. Portals Are unbalanced, outside Is not good for Survivors And downfloor Is bad for Killer.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 242
    Options

The new map is busted AF. If you're playing survivor, there's basically no chance to win as long as the killer stays out of the castle. How this got past QA testing is beyond me, but not a surprise given the long history of busted things making it live into the game and then taking forever to get fixed. The issues with this map are so glaring that it would have taken an experience player about 3 matches to figure out the map design problems and provide feedback to the devs to fix them.

I think the root cause here is the pressure to crank out new content on such short cycles (every 3 months). I have to believe the devs noticed the problems either during testing or after PTB feedback, but didn't have time to fix the map because of the release deadline. I love the look of the new map, but the layout needs a complete overhaul. Not expecting that to happen anytime soon…

• Tzimiscelord
    Tzimiscelord Member Posts: 104
    Options

I disagree, i have yet to lose there. The outside is extremely strong for killers and is where 5 out of 7 gens are.

If you think is horrible for killer, is probably because you are going down in the dungeon.

Don't do that, and you are golden. I expect it to be nerfed for killers soon.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 742
    Options

pyramid head’s worst map since swamp

Too closed

Safe windows

Bad elevation

Tight spaces where it’s more viable to go for basic attacks instead of using ROJ

• dknb
    dknb Member Posts: 138
    Options

It's interesting to see the various opinions.
    As a survivor, I can't win because it's too dangerous outside.
    As a killer, I'll use a trapper to protect the three generators underground.
    I won't go up until two people are dead.