Any guesses who's the July Survivor?

Options
Tatariu
Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013

What are your guesses for the July Survivor? I personally think we're gonna get Isaac Clarke from Dead Space; although I would prefer if it was a complete chapter.

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 544
    Options

Is this the character who embodies what it means to be a survivor? If it's that one I'm going to bet a toonie that it's Jeff Probst

• MikeyMyers666
    MikeyMyers666 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Sidney Prescott from Scream. Maybe they will get the actual license for Scream and Ghostface too?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,902
    edited June 13
    Options

The Walking Dead imo. Especially after Peanits dropped that hint about the impending zombie apocalypse. Rick and/or Daryl, Michonne...

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,980
    Options

Spring trap……..

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Negan from Tekken 7

• HansLollos2
    HansLollos2 Member Posts: 151
    Options

"A character who truly embodies the meaning of Survivor" is 100% Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead. We'll also probably get other TWD Characters as Legendary Skins then, like Daryl Dixon and Michonne. And i think Negan will become a Trickster Skin.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

Yeah this alongside the "impending zombie apocalypse" comment in the latest stats make me believe it's The Walking Dead.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,618
    Options

As others have said, probably a The Walking Dead-Character. They hinted a bit at it with the latest stats talking about a Zombie Apocalypse. Also, TWD would be a franchise where you would not really have a Killer (unless you want to bring a generic Zombie…), so it would be possible to do it as a Survivor-only Paragraph.

When it comes to Dead Space, I think you can make a full chapter for it since you at least had some variety when it comes to Necromorphs.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 727
    Options

My vote is for a character from The Walking Dead as well (especially since TWD was added to Fortnite at around the same time as Alan Wake).

I don't know why so many of you are suggesting Lara Croft, though. She'd be a bizarre addition to Dead By Daylight in my opinion.

• Nazzzak
    edited June 13
    Options

There's been rumours apparently re Lara Croft. But that's why people keep mentioning her. I'm hoping it's the same sort of rumours that went around about Leatherface that ended up not being true.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

If it is Lara then I guess everything is possible (or at least would fit in a horror setting). Not sure how I feel about that.

Considering this and that Cote said Disney was pretty easy to work with for Alien, we actually might get Darth Vader at some point haha.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,461
    Options

Embodies what it means to be a survivor?

• Lara Croft
    • Isaac Clarke
    • Sydney Prescott
    • Ellie Williams
    • Bugs Bunny

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 494
    Options
  • jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,221
    Options

It wouldn't be that bizarre. Being dropped into unfamiliar terrain and needing to survive against impossible odds with a weirdly supernatural bent is what her most recent trilogy of games was all about.

She's more of a fighter, sure, but not moreso than the Resident Evil characters or Bill from Left 4 Dead, or even the guy from Dead Space that people keep suggesting. Scrounging around to repair vintage looking generators would still be entirely up her alley considering some of the stuff she does in those games.

Not to say I think it is her, but she wouldn't exactly be an odd fit for DBD if it is.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 370
    edited June 13
    Options

How she would not fitting?

But I'm hoping it's someone from Walking Dead then maybe we will get a map for a possible Tomb Raider chapter. 😉

• tjt85
    edited June 13
    Options

I've not played a Tomb Raider game since the 90's, so maybe I'm not up to date with what her games are like these days. But the newer games are mostly still action games, are they not? Left 4 Dead, Resi and Dead Space are more firmly in Horror territory in my opinion, even if the game play can be action orientated too.

I just don't see her fitting in. That said, her new games might be different and some of the things on my own personal wish list are kinda borderline too (Gremlins, Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park are in my top 5).

If any game or IP with a vaguely spooky setting is on the table, I want to see Luigi from Luigi's Mansion with King Boo as Killer some day. A Switch exclusive, maybe!

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,221
    Options

There's definitely some horror imagery in her later games, but beyond that I think it's more relevant to consider that Dead By Daylight is more than willing to meet something halfway and emphasise the horror that's there, rather than requiring something be 100% horror to begin with.

Like I said, Lara already spends most of those games on the back foot and tinkering with old machinery to try and keep herself alive against a supernatural threat. That combined with some of the truly jarring death animations + horror imagery from a few setpieces should be more than enough to translate her into this game.

It's not that it's a vaguely spooky setting already- DBD chapters are transformative works already. The question is: Can Lara Croft be believably translated into a DBD survivor while using what her source material already gives us? I would answer yes. Have her investigating some rumours about something tying in to the Entity, do some spooky prose describing some hallucinations like the zombie wave survival mode in whichever game had that, and then emphasise her being a resourceful scrounger once she's in the Fog.

Since she's being positioned here as a survivor-only DLC, there's enough freedom to play with that she could easily be made believable in a way that more cartoony or bombastic characters couldn't.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,992
    Options

This might sound weird but since we got a collab with DnD, I think it opens up a lot of room for potential collaborations, Id love to see a Dont Starve or Echoes Of The Void collab, even if it probably wont ever happen.

• Harbinger1985
    Harbinger1985 Member Posts: 68
    Options

So many ideas! :) I have similar ones Isaac Clarke, Lara Croft, Keanu Reeves! DS really needs a full chapter, but if they bring him with cool perks and Gunner Wright I'll happy! Lara Croft works a half-chapter, also TR2013 tagline was 'A Survivor Born' I can't understand why she doesn't work with DBD. Keanu… well last years was Nicolas Cage, Keanu is pretty popular and.

But I bet it will totally what we NEVER guessed. But I1ll keep an eye to twitter, Alan wake was the easier guest and my happiest day since I play DBD. :D

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,357
    Options

Lara and Keanu would be great. (Snake and Rambo would also fit)

From the Zombie Apocalypse mentioning it seems more like Walking Dead.

But wasn´t there also a rumour about the Rapper girl?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,529
    Options

isn’t Wilson a very good fit for the term survivor as well?! 🤔

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

It really seems like it will be a character from the Walking Dead. I hope it is!

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 493
    Options

Wasn't the hint they're the definitive survivor or the definition of a survivor?

Maybe it's nothing but the prequel trilogy collection for tomb raider was called definitive survivor trilogy.

• Patrick_Kaur
    Patrick_Kaur Member Posts: 29
    Options

I really want Lara Croft

• Nazzzak
    Options

I know you're joking but I'd be 100% down for Sailor Moon

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 493
    Options

I feel like if you swim in a river of blood you're at least horror adjacent.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 370
    Options

Ok, the old one is different.

There are a few horror elements and non story bonus zombie levels (which I don't liked much) but it's no horror game at all, yes. I think her style is somewhat dbdish.

But Luigi in dbd?? Hmm I don't know. 😂

• tjt85
    Options

It could totally work if they used Luigi from the live action Super Mario Bros movie as his model. They could even get John Leguizamo in to do some voice lines for him. Please make it happen, BHVR!

(I'm very fond of this stupid movie though I'm pretty sure Nintendo wants to forget they ever made it, but a guy can dream).