Aestri lore

Patrick_Kaur
Patrick_Kaur Member Posts: 31

is Aestri a full elf or is she a half elf half human. She seems pretty tall for an elf so a lore explanation could be maybe she isn’t full elf . I’m new to dnd so correct me if I have it wrong.

Comments

• The_Geek
    The_Geek Member Posts: 42
    edited June 12

There isn’t really a height difference between elves and humans. Maybe an inch or two, but other than that, not a real height difference, although it is likely that Aestri is a a half elf, since they are surprisingly common.

• Hecata_Harbinger
    Hecata_Harbinger Member Posts: 28

Depending on the type of elf I believe certain elves can be pretty tall, though I think that depends on the module you are playing on and the dungeon master on what type of elves they allow the player to play as. What makes me think that Aestri might be a half-elf though is her build, most elves are depicted as slender while Aestri has a build that is more human-like with a slightly more athletic build. Not that elves couldn't get muscular if they wanted to, I just see Aestri as a Half-Elf.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,216

Aestri is a full elf. One of her voice lines mentions something along the lines of "I didn't survive three centuries just to die in some desolate demiplane." Half-elves tend to live between 180-250 years, which would be WELL behind the age Aestri is AT MINIMUM. Based on her skin tone and presence of freckles, I think she's most likely a Wood Elf, as they tend more towards that kind of skin tone, though she could be a High Elf, since Greyhawk High Elves tend to be fairly friendly.

As for her build, the 5e Player's Handbook that I have literally right next to me states "They are slightly shorter than humans on average, ranging from well under 5 feet tall to just under 6 feet. They are more slender than humans, weighing only 100 to 145 pounds." Basically, Aestri's on the taller end of Elves, and she probably put all her points into Strength, for some unfathomable reason (she most certainly didn't but anything into Intelligence or Wisdom, that's for sure).