do you guys like the new update?

do you guys like the new update? i like it soo far:)

Comments

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

thank you for your input.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Well DS is better but Spirit is dead and the leak revealed one of the worst perks they've ever come up with.

Pretty good update so far.

• Avarice
    Avarice Member Posts: 65

My first game on the temple of purgation a Nea let me down her in a spot where she knew I couldn't pick her up. Afterward in the post game chat she acted like she just had to sit there and force me to watch her bleed out because I was a camping/ tunneling, which I wasn't doing. She also resorted to calling me colorful words in the post game chat. In other words, no I am not liking the new update.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

I am really liking it so far. Plague is fun to play against and play as. I've been lucky in that my achievements were not glitched. Managed to get adept on both Jane and Plague. New map is VERY big. Good for survivors, not so great for killers except Billy.

The perk changes don't really affect me as I don't use any of the ones that were altered on either the killer or survivor side, except ruin, which I have at tier 3 anyway.

@The_Crusader What's wrong with the Spirit?

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Let's see... Window bug, Spirit bugged, Plague got nerfed into low tier, there gonna be a perk literally worse than DS... Yeah, quite a good patch.

Let's just wait for NPC killers and we can have fun playing ez mode aka survivor.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

A lot of bugs and the new killer got nerfed too hard.

• HorsePower
    HorsePower Member Posts: 126

Plague isn't a low tier killer. She is easily top tier with vile purge effectiveness addons and mid tier with none.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

It helps both, lol. I’ve still had issues with medkits healing me today, and I’ve had two circumstances where someone hit the killer with a pallet while holding me and it stunned them but they didn’t drop me.

i honestly have found killer much easier and without bugs then survivor today. That might be because I love the Plague and she might be my new main though ^_^

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

New killer is a high tier along with Billy and nurse and she takes practice I will say that lol

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

There's good and there's bad.

The bad usually outshines the good in discussions.

Cause y'know, what's there to discuss about what's good?

"Look, they fixed that bug where Survivors die in 1 minute!"

"Well, i think that was pretty balanced..."

• The_Crusader

Forgot to add, lobby times as killer.

Yup, game is dead. Why am I waiting 3 ######### minutes now? I haven't got time for this crap, only to be met with a deranked 4 man twitch squad fully kitted out.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Yh, I liked it a lot :)

Devs balanced DS, optimization arrived to console (so I'll be able to finally play Nurse again), love the new killer and survivor and their respective perks as well (I have a couple of awesome builds with them), I like the changes to all the perks mentioned in the patch notes (except Fired Up and Specially Thanatophobia), love the new map and... That's it.

I really think they did a pretty good job overall :)

• xmenfanatic

It might be your region because I’ve been getting them in under 1 minute and 30 seconds if I had to “guesstimate”

• The_Crusader

My region was instant before, whatever they have done its 1000 times worse.

• xmenfanatic

I’m sorry to hear that dude! Not meaning to rub it in, but then I’m thankful I’m not having that issue right now.

I’m curious what bugs/glitches there are that throws off the killer, I haven’t ran across them to my knowledge and wanna keep a lookout for them

• The_Crusader

Wait 3 minutes for a game - toxic looking swf - dodge

Wait another 3 minutes - long loading screen - 2 survivors load in

Yeah not gonna sugar coat it, this sucks. I can not believe the infinite loading screen still isn't fixed after all this time.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I'm 50/50 on the Update, There's good but there's also a lot of bad.

I was planning on buying plague but after she got nerfed I'm going to wait it out and see what happens and where she stands. But I can't even go back to Spirit since she's completely broken right now.

Also that leaked Perk is really discouraging, It's DS all over again.

• sandm0614
    sandm0614 Member Posts: 5

I haven't turned dbd on yet today. Reading all this makes me not want to even get back on yikes......

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2019

So far so good. I like better frame rate on ps4 even tho the graphics are worse. It is so smooth to play. Thanks devs.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I'd guess it's because more people want to try the new killer.

However, I agree about the loading screen bug. Absolutely unbelievable that they still didn't fix that. Thank god Sekiro is releasing on friday, so I can forget about this game.

• Sonicwb
    Sonicwb Member Posts: 39

I'm a killer Main but decided to rank my survivor to 1 this month, and man! The new killer is tearing everyone up at rank 4. She is spewing toxic that puts you in a broken status and something black that injures from afar. DS is broken, I never had an issue with it as a killer. Just quickly chase again Doesn't even activate after a hook. Not fun at all, but annoyance for a survivor. Going to join my Killer side again.

• Sonicwb
    Sonicwb Member Posts: 39

Weird, didn't for me. I thought it might have been the toxic 😂.

• Devon
    Devon Member Posts: 1

This has been my favorite game for a while now. Since the new updates they have made it so that there isn’t a survival rate. They have made it so only the killer will win. I hate playing the killer but I have played a couple of times and killed everyone, I like it when you have a chance. I don’t enjoy just getting killed off with maybe one gen going. So sad to say that I’m now bored and will be deleting the game. I’m not a big gamer and this is my first time to make any comments, but they have taken the only game I looked forward to playing when I could and ruined it. Was bad enough when they offered for free and we got a bunch of jerks on. So fair well dead by daylight. I’m sad that they ruined you for me.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Damn you still get the <9% chance squads every game? You gotta record this! Your luck is ######### astounding!

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405

You know what. I actually enjoy the update. I'm having fun with it so far. The new killer is actually pretty powerful, a lot of old perks got a buff or a rework. The only problem I have is the matchmaking system but to be fair never really cared about rank that much

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

New DS is great, new ranking rules are badly designed as always, Plague is fun to verse and play as and we got our first thick lady survivor who can smash you in the face out of the locker even when you stand half map away from it.

Pretty good patch so far.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Killer a lot

Survivor no because survivor are trying head on and they fcked up

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Kinda mixed, I like the new ranking system , the perks changes and the new killer and survivor but on the other hand i keep getting bad lobbies with high ping which is pretty annoying, I also get alot of loading screen of death where I need to use the task manager to close the game and it's very very annoying.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited March 2019

I just tried adept Cannibal. And you know what? I hate this update. New emblem system is awful. Not to mention, queue times became terrible as killer.

And yeah, this game wasn't good enough for achievement. Even with 4k, 2g and 2i.

Post edited by Rattman on
  • snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

It will get better soon. When mid patch comes out

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i definitely enjoy the new killer, but i dont rly like the emblem changes that killers got... i sont think it should have been so easy to pip, but increasing the difficulty AND nerfing 3 of the 4 killer emblems seemed a little much to me...

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Overall, I like the update. There are bugs if course. But the new killer is loads of fun.

I'd give BHVR a 9/10 for this one.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Overall I like it. Just some rough bugs and Plague changes I don't quite agree with or lack there of.