Does "Quiet Mode" hide scratch marks, or are scratch marks getting worse?

Jay_Whyask
Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

Every game I've played as survivor killers noticeably struggles to finish chases, and as killer I can see why.

Survivors just… Don't leave scratch marks sometimes. It's so easy to just loop shack & leave whenever you want because the game will reliably hide your scratches.

No Lightweight, Lucky Break, or whatever that undetectable Tryk is called.

It's like everybody has tier 5 Lightweight.

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,587

It doesn't say in the event tab that it hides scratch marks. But maybe it does anyway i'm not sure.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

Yes, it hides scratch marks, but also, scratch marks are getting harder and harder to see with every engine or graphical upgrade they do.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,547

Yesterday, had a few cases where a survivor turn a corner and suddenly : no noise, no blood, no scratch marks.

I've managed to kill them in the end so I don't think they were cheating. I'm guessing that's what the "quiet mode" does.

It's bloody stupid.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,029

i like it. it encourages juking killers in the chase rather than looping.

• xerox8521
    xerox8521 Member Posts: 112

I think they also hide footstep noises

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,817

It doesn't hide scratch marks. The only thing that does is that one Tryk that hides them and makes the killer Undetectable.

They are much harder to follow this patch I feel. Also for some reason chases just don't start either. I was chasing someone for like 20 seconds and it didn't proc until I hit them, even though I was literally in hugging distance for awhile.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,963

Quiet Mode doesnt hide scratch marks

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,653

Scratch marks recently got fixed after being busted for almost two years. They were never intended to be a strict path following the survivor, but instead slightly patch and wavering to give a rough guideline of where the survivor went.

Since this bug was recently fixed, it may be contributing to some of the erratic scratch marks people are seeing now.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

it does not hide scratch marks, i even tested with fixated.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,453

Maybe UE5 changed some fundamentals under the hood. I noticed that even bloodpools glitch out sometimes where they stop, or don’t spawn for a couple of instances. Idk maybe it’s a luck mechanic.

I also noticed that after UE5 Survivors are able to “whip” their character movement much more aggressively now. You know how you move the camera to 180 the Survivor faster? It feels like that effect has become stronger after UE5.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,548

Scratch marks get worse every update, it's not the event.

• Nickool4u
    Nickool4u Member Posts: 2

Quiet Mode doesn’t hide scratch marks, but I've noticed many players bring Lithe and Dance with Me frequently. During a chase, I might lose sight of the survivor, and they activate Quiet Mode. They then vault and escape the area while I'm still searching the loop, thinking they jumped into a locker or are hiding nearby. With Quiet Mode, they no longer need perks like Quick & Quiet, Iron Will, or Light Footed since it silences their actions.

• klaudiva
    klaudiva Member Posts: 3

Go play a game as a killer and you will realise. Why do you have to post a discussion for this lol!!!

• Trishmartinez
    Trishmartinez Member Posts: 5

I don’t know if it hides scratch marks or not but to the killers saying they’re losing people sometimes like a few people here and there from game to game there are perks when you hit a survivor where they don’t bleed and they don’t leave any scratch marks for survivors.. and they make no noise

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,366

It doesn't but I'm getting away with this sort of stuff (see video) way too often, so I'm not sure if most killers realize it's pretty much Quick and Quiet as well?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Scratch marks are getting worse in general. On top of sound going silent with ever object between you and the survivor, there will be large gaps in the scratch marks mid chase.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

It's crazy BHVR mess with scratch mark everyday, how can they believe base mechanics not being consistent as a good thing

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,548

It's been getting really bad lately. I'm outright losing survivors because the scratchmarks just aren't appearing. They go right, I look right, I see nothing, I go left, I see more nothing, I double back to right, there's fading scratchmarks 10 feet away from the turn.