The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is the plague fun to play against?!

I am out of town for the killer release and couldn’t play the PTB since I am console pleb q-q, that’s the legions biggest flaw, and I’m wondering if they made the same mistake twice or not

thank you !

Comments

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

Too soon to tell. Still trying to see if there are counters.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845

damn, the only thing I can think of countering is line of sight, but that’s it

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

I think I’ve noticed a counter to her, but I don’t want to be premature.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Not really. It's peaceful (sounds of running water), but not really that fun.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

It feels refreshing to me. But I didn't had the chance to try ptb.

• MissJuliette
    MissJuliette Member Posts: 13

First time playing her today and already had so many disconnects on ps4!

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Not really a fan. The most effective way is just tunneling into someone with your puke. I'd rather them have gone with a killer using spread pressure and controlling the map. It's strategic and more fun for survivors in general, not to mention it fits her theme. The heal on the fountains totally makes this play style unviable though.

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349

I LOVE playing as or against her. Feels fresh and unique. They really brought it all together this chapter. She's terrifying, beautiful, and disgusting all in one. The sickness, vomiting, fountains, and corrupt purge all feel new, fun, and interesting.

She may be by new favorite killer... Just need some new skins that really bring home the horror.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I will say yes. She doesn't feel cheap and has counter play but can be a real challenge if it's a good killer. This having both played as and against her.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

so Far I’ve had fun against her. Her corrupt vile is quite strong (it seems easy for it to miss however) but it’s not op. Not only do survivors have to give it to her, but as said above it doesn’t hit as easy as it seems it would.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    edited March 2019

I haven’t played against her yet, but I saw a video of someone playing as her and bodyblocking a healthy survivor on the basement stairs. She then proceeded to make the healthy survivor sick (which could not push her out of the way on the stairs) and then knocking the survivor down.

edit to add *basement stairs* in case someone got confused lol

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Current "counters" that I've used and experienced are the same you see a lot of people use against Leatherface players: running in a circle around a wide tree or wide and tall rock. Also much like Leatherface, Plague can down you with relative ease on a straight stretch with zero structures around. Basically you just need to constantly break LoS with her.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Yea she's like a mix between Huntress and LF in how you counter her power. You also want to throw the pallet a little early if you are going to get Broken, most of the time doing that will save you. When she has Corrupt Purge you have to play more to avoid LOS, but since she loses the sickness power you don't have to worry about getting infected/Broken.

I found that you should do gens if you are sick up until you get Broken (which spreads the sickness on the gen). If you can do that you can usually save time. Also you should go to the farthest, most out of the way pool first to clean yourself so that she has to waste time to get Corrupt Purge.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Yeah if the insta heal fountains werent a thing, then that would make other playstyles viable too, but ya know....

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited March 2019

I hate getting sick from even rescuing other survivors, but it makes sense given that the fountain will auto-heal you.

It's funny puking your guts out all of the time throughout the match, though.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

No, but I only find about a quarter of the killers to be fun to play against. I barely play survivor for this reason.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

I'm enjoying playing against her so far.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

I like playing vs her, I also liked it on the PTB. She is not the easiest Killer to verse, but it does not feel unfair or that she has no counterplay.

Though; i dont like getting sick randomly. Today I got sick while sitting on a Gen which was not touched by a sick person nor puked by her. I simply began to get sick. Might have been a Bug, but well.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Could it be a visual bug that doesn't show the infected VFX?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

I was sitting on the Gen for a while, I started it and after like half a minute I started to get sick. My friend was getting sick at the same time, he not on the same Gen.