Why is slugging for 4k bad?

frozzenk
frozzenk Member Posts: 20

Pretty simple question. I started slugging for 4k when I was very new to the game because it just made sense. I'm the killer in the game, I'm trying to kill, seems good to avoid the hatch RNG.

Once I got more into the game I stopped because both I learned it was frowned upon and because I also stopped caring too much. Now when I get the 3rd kill I usually alt tab. I really dislike the RNG hatch mini-game, it's irrelevant, so I just let the survivor go at it while I watch something.

Here comes the issue: In a LOT of games, not a few, a LOT, the survivor will not take the hatch and will wait by it until I eventually wonder why is it taking so long and go find the hatch. Only when they see me approach do they then escape. Sometimes t-bagging. They are not healing or doing any other thing people like to pretend to be saints on the internet for, they are deliberately waiting just for me to approach to then escape.

So I ask the community, specifically people who play survivor as you might be able to understand why do you guys do this. Why is slugging for 4k bad yet you do this sort of thing to people who don't do it? Who is the actual root of the issue?

Answers

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005
    edited June 17

Survivors hate it because it's not fun when it happens to you. Even though it's a legitimate tactic, it's obnoxious for the survivor side, so many people take is as a form of BM, while many killers actually do it as a form of BM.

Some people teabag on the hatch, as well as at the gates and even at every pallet, intentionally to make the killer feel bad. Some people do it because they are toxic, while others do it as a retaliation, because they were bled out and BM'ed by the killer in the previous game, while killers often BM, slug and bleed out as a form of retaliation for previous games where they were teabagged, blinded and BM'ed in other ways. It's a vicious cycle of being toxic to each other. You can ignore it or become part of it, either way you will sometimes be on the receiving end of it, meaning you WILL be BM'd by survivors and by killers from time to time no matter how nice you play, so do with it as you personally want.

As for the root of the issue, it's probably SWF, because those people usually BM the most, as it's easier to BM when you have an advantage.

• frozzenk
    frozzenk Member Posts: 20

It's hard to understand the hypocrisy of asking people to not do something that is effective yet understandably unpleasant, so you can then wait for them and t-bag at the hatch. Can you explain that?

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Literally everything is bad in this game, did you know doing generators or hooking survivors are also bad? I bet you didn't

It's pointless

• nadjaghostdoll
    nadjaghostdoll Member Posts: 13
    edited June 18

IMO it's just cheap and against the spirit of the game. A lot of killers do it just because they are afraid of not finding the hatch before the survivor, but, that's part of the game, the rush at the end trying to beat the opposing side to hatch. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, whatever, that's how games work.

To me it just seems like someone is too desperate for the 4K, it feels childish, like the player is incapable of accepting any degree of loss so they'd rather take away someone else's chance to win. Like a kid who hides a game piece so they win a board game.

I like to play the game and if I get a 4K that way, cool, and if not, oh well, it's a game and you can't have a perfect run every single time.

And for the people who teabag at hatch, they're childish too. But I'm not about to start catering my play style on either side to a "but they started it!" competition, and I'm not going out of my way to punish a group of players for what different players may have done in a prior match. I'd either just let them do their sad little victory crouch and chase them out of the hatch or use that time as a chance to get a snack or switch over my laundry of whatever else I have going on at the moment and they can waste their own time just staring at their screen like a lunatic waiting for the killer to arrive.

ETA: Though this is in the case of players being split up when there's only two left. If I down one and the other tries to body block me to the hook or whatever, then yeah man I'll down you while I hook your friend then I'm coming back for you lol. But I'm not leaving someone to bleed out while I hunt down the other survivor.