Add exit gate progress regression

Options

Yep. I'm a survivor main asking for the addition of exit gate regression. Why? Because I don't want to die at a 99% exit gate again because someone thought it would be a good idea to keep the only way out closed. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to EVER 99 an exit gate. You get plenty of time to deal with any end game collapse situation once the gate is opened. The longer those gates are closed the higher chance the killer has at winning. You are putting your team at a much higher risk of getting eliminated for leaving exit gates closed than you are of opening them.

So, to completely deter this behavior I suggest adding a very slow exit gate regression. This would encourage survivors to either open the exit gate completely or to leave it alone. Maybe have the progress regress 1% every 5 seconds so it isn't too counter productive. Most players who do this do it because they want to 99% the gate. If they know it won't stay at 99% perhaps we will see much less of it.

Comments

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 769
    Options

So you prefer to die at a 0% gate?

If you died at 99% gate, then you most probably would die either way.

But I don't know I'm neither killer nor survivor main

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,325
    edited June 19
    Options

Yes I would rather die at a gate with no progress than one that could've been opened 10 times before I got there. At least then I would know I never had a chance to begin with. Also you're wrong about probably dying at a 99% exit gate. Every single time I have died at a 99% exit gate was me having to open it and then dying 2-3 steps from the actual exit. Had I not had to open the gate myself those deaths would've never happened. As I said, there is no situation where leaving an exit gate at 99% is in any way beneficial to you or the team.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 769
    Options

Where was teammates then?

I, personally, have never such situation. Most of the time survivor who 99 gate, either opens it while another one is running, or takes hit while running surv opens gate, and all of us escapes. Only situations where I died because taping 99 gate to open with, was situations where rest of the team died for various reasons, and in most of those I would die either way due to collapse.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 868
    Options

Dying because of the exit gates being not open is extremely rare and even if the gates were open it sounds close enough you still probably would have been caught.

It doesn't sound like your team may have knew you were running at the gates to save you. Uncoordinated SoloQ issue.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

So nerf everyone because of soloQ?

This would also make escapes after closed hatch more difficult.

• KateMain86
    Options

Where were my teammates? They're usually either at or hiding near the exit gate thinking they are helping. I get downed then they freak out, open the gate and run out. Either that, or they are already out of the match. It doesn't happen every time, but when you solo que you can't expect your team to have more than 5 seconds of situational awareness.

• KateMain86
    Options

There could be exceptions in certain situations like this one. When someone makes a suggestion for a change it doesn't mean it has to ignore all possible situations. Obviously if you're the last survivor this mechanic shouldn't activate.

• KateMain86
    Options

I already addressed this. For one, it is not extremely rare. Survivors 99ing the gates has been a common thing for years. I mean if you want I can start taking screenshots of every time I see a 99% gate and post them here but I feel like this is common knowledge. It doesn't matter if my team knew I was running to the gates or not. They left the gate at 99% which resulted in me dying. This isn't about coordination because there is nothing to coordinate in this situation. You get more than enough time to deal with everything once the gates are open, especially if survivors are hooked.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,001
    Options

This is a surefire way to make Blood Warden meta again.

• KateMain86
    Options

Or maybe a surefire way of encouraging more team play. If someone's going to hide near a 99% gate thinking they're helping then maybe a few blood warden matches will give them a reality check.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 473
    Options

The only reason of the 99% gate was the Blood Warden.
    If you perfectly know the 4 perks of the killer you can open the gate. But the countdown will urge you to do a late save if someone is still hooked or slugged after that…

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,485
    Options

Apparently they tried this interally and they didn't like it so i don't think it will happen