Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thank you devs DS is Useless now

Faceless
Faceless Member Posts: 121

Ds is horrible, they are giving a slug for 60 seconds so you can not use it, it was better to use perk unbreakble now.

Thank you devs for this beautiful work.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'm glad it's gone.

But i'm not a fan of useless either.

But i'm even less of a fan of being stunned.

I'm feeling another mixture of yay and aww.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Sure but I'm just saying a perk could have 15 nerfs and if they're all miniscule it might not add up to 1 giant nerf.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited March 2019
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Seems some survivors just cant coup without a safety net. The fact that it can be denied only forces you to improve and not to rely on it, unlike the previous version.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

It is a bit weak. Its better than what it was for killers but tunneling killers need harsher punishments. I thought DS would be it but apparantly not.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612
    edited March 2019

Why does everyone always jump to NOED when people talk about nerfing perks? NOED is perfectly balanced. Break totems, no NOED. It's that simple. People say it rewards bad killer game play, but that's just not true. What it does is punish bad survivor game play. Totems are an objective. They're meant to be broken, not completely ignored. When survivors start breaking totems, and NOED stops working, killers will stop using NOED. It's that simple guys.

As for the DS rework, I personally love it. It's definitely balanced now, and just punishes for actively tunneling off the hook. I never did that anyway, so the new DS won't bother me at all. The only time it's going to be an issue is end game. If someone has DS end game, it's almost a guaranteed escape. I think the perk should de-activate if the exit gates are opened, because at that point there is zero counter play. But that's just my opinion.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

DS is balanced, and very fair now. It's a wonderful change.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

yes.

THANK YOU DEVS!

this has been needed for a LONG time now.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

LMAO. If I get banned I'll certainly not create an account called Crazycondor_62

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I've gotten stunned by it a couple times. It does it's job and feels less bullshit when I spend time to down a Survivor and them to get a chance immediately to reset said chase while 3 others knock out Gens like flies on #########.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You know. If the Killer is slugging you to stop DS then you can take a different perk and have DS STILL help you despite you not having it. So that means it's a good perk, so good that it lets you equip 5 perks.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

"killer is so idiot"

Why am i getting Ochido vibes from that sentence alone?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

well, it depends on what you see as a nerf or not, so here's my list:

-when they added a 2 minute timer to noed

-when they added the notification system for status effects and hexes (prevented "sneaky" noed plays for oneshot killers or by hitting injured survivors)

-when the perk was made a totem perk

-when they made tier 1 and 2 have the oneshot aswell, but took out the attack cooldown reduction (buff for tier 1 and 2, but overall a nerf to tier 3)

they also added some perks to fight totems, but i wont count these.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I actually like DS now. It feels fair on both sides. Good change.

• AdamRA
    AdamRA Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019

Sorry killer brain i don't understand what are you saying. Go cry on reddit, that's all killer mains do. Hurry!

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

AdánAR <---> AdamRA

Now do you understand? Who's the idiot brain here? You should've gone for "NoTaNaLtAcCoUnT"

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Noed only proc if there 1 totem on the map. How bout getting rid of it before you get rekt

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

You can't make all players happy now can you. I like this update. And if you don't like it deal with it plan and simple just don't complain about everything it's getting really boring.

• TsvndereVermin
    TsvndereVermin Member Posts: 18

I’m going to be honest as someone who prefers to play Killer, the DS nerf is absolutely stupid. I honestly got angry when a Survivor did not hit the DS skill check. The perk was balanced and gave Survivors a second chance against a literal homicidal murderer. Seemed fair to me. And DS is is the Shrine of Secrets but every since the nerf I feel no reason to buy it. DS breaks the flow of gameplay according to the devs. Yeah. Ok. Sounds legit. About as legit as the Legion.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I actually used the perk and it's so good if executed correctly! I had 30 seconds on my DS and I ran to the killer injured since my DS gives me a free escape. Soon after I stunned the killer and escaped for free, not bad to be honest.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Who even needs DS?

• Undead_Rekin
    Undead_Rekin Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019

I'm glad it's changed. Used to get right up my nose.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

This forum is just the same few killers over and over

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

It's been a year since developers just nerf for survivors and buffs for killers.

nothing new, this forum is full of killers main who wish they had 4 survivors already hanging on the hook at the beginning of the game..

I can't play killer anymore because is too easy (vs solo survivor) or too fast (4swf).

There need a huge nerf for swf and a lot of buff to solo survivor, but killer main are Blind of any possible buff for survivor.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

G O O D

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

DS is totally crap, just in case yes, slugged anyways

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

We won’t even need it anymore once it sinks into killers that you can’t hook chase and pip most times anymore. The perk will become irrelevant. Bc they’ll realize they actually have to go out and patrol. Also trappers power needs a buff.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

@Lanis_ SWF keeps this game alive though and some people just play for fun. You also have to remember that. Ranking up at the moment is difficult for killers, which means you’ll have more time in mid/lower ranks unless you 4K with 9 hooks every game but that’s not realistic now, is it?

There is a statistic back from January of this year that the escape rate is at least 30% which isn’t even half. That’s insane tbh.

With DS nerfed, survivors will have to adapt now just like they did with the healing nerfs. It sucks, but it also gives you a challenge to improve more.

In the end of it all; it is just a game.

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192

This right here.

It's like juggling the obsession pre-nerf. Sure you don't get to stab the killer, but they still waste time and open themselves up to several potential flashlight saves or a single bodyblock that forces them to either M1 and risk getting stabbed, or drop and potentially make the survivor unhookable due to it being 3rd/4th drop.

If people actually start just hovering around people for 60 seconds just bring unbreakable, crawl close-ish to a pallet/window and pick yourself up. Or even tenacity and just take them on a merry journey far away from the other survivors.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    edited March 2019

I actually started to use it. It punishes tunneling a lot.

When the killer chases me after unhook, I try to go down near vaults.

He picks me up, I use DS. I do a fast vault, my Lithe activates.

I gained distance and don't feel like a dick.

• ImAGirl
    ImAGirl Member Posts: 147

yes, thank god. Screw all you DS abusers!

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

Used Ds since killer was camping me near an opened gate. Got unhooked, killer downed me instantly, used ds and escaped. Sorry but DS can still win you games.

• michaelkhj
    michaelkhj Member Posts: 77

The reason NOED gets mentioned with DS change is because DS is a second chance perk and NOED too, yeah NOED can be countered by cleansing all the totems, and DS by dropping the survivor, so was the same, also the hooks spawns like nearby so was possible to counter DS.. also so many times people get caught in front of a hook.. if you down a survivor at the corner of the map you can make a choice, to pick the survivor up or leave him/her there, also before that, you had an option to hit the survivor when is there or wait for him to be near a hook, thats all strategy, now let's start talking about NOED, you have to find all those 5 totems, I figured that totems location changed so now is more difficult to find the totems, also if the survivors do not cleanse them all, the killer gets movement speed buff also with the option to down survivors in one hit, and they do not have to make a skill check to use the perk, in case 4 gens are done just simply wait.. it would be fair if killer have to success a skill check in order to activate NOED like if you miss DS you get no second chance.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Just pointing out. An escape rate of 30% isn't just expected but desirable.

Remember that this isn't technically a team game, but rather 5 separate teams, 4 of which are not opposing each other. Since the core idea of balance is that all players have an equal chance of winning that means whatever number you come up with needs to add up to allowing for that.

Given how DBD works the number of winners in a single game is somewhere between 4 (0k) and 1 (4k or 3k). So thus the winrates should be between 20% (every game is a 3k or a 4k with equal odds) and 50% (every game is a 0k or a 4k with equal odds). Any other number doesn't allow for it to be consistent.

And then since having the game be binary either 0k/3k/4k or whatever has problematic implications ect and is kinda bland that means you don't want your winrates to ACTUALLY be 50% or 20%. So you have it somewhere inbetween, like 40% or in this case 30%.

30% in particular actually has some interesting side effects. Such as the fact that you can have it be perfectly balanced no matter how many players are currently alive. All 4 and it is 30%. Just 1 and it is 50%. Ect, ect ect. You don't HAVE to balance it like that but if your winrate is 30% then you can if you want to. I did the math for it awhile back on a different thread. I find this kind of statistics fascinating

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Glad to read that survivors are ditching DS. That way I can tunnel in peace.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

If you camp the hook you are losing points. Just saying

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

Not to support camping or tunneling but:

It’s not like they were pipping anyway, or getting anything from pipping if they did.

Maybe if they rewarded players for playing in a fun manner, rather than “punishing” the opposite. We’d actual start to see some improvement.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

I only camp toxic people and then I don't really care about the outcome. But usually I don't camp and I am hooking different people.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I have a rule: I just camp whenever I feel like it and whoever I feel like it ;-)