We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

How Do You Feel About Weave Attunement?

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,128
edited June 19 in General Discussions

The first day that this combo was available for Live Servers and I saw a lot of people complain about Weave Attunement (And Franklin's Demise), just wanted to ask and see how people are feeling about it now that more time has passed?

I personally dont mind it, I kind of just see it as the Killer version of Wiretap (And Repressed Alliance). In the same regard, I think it will just be the "flavor of the month" and people will move onto next shiny object to toy around with.

(EDIT: I dont know why, but a good portion of this thread devolved into talking haste and Made For This… in a thread about Weave Attunement?)

Post edited by Iron_Cutlass on

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,869

I feel like drawback of picking up the item is irrelevant. Maybe it should give the killer 5% haste for 30 seconds.

• Devil_hit11
    edited June 17

the timed duration hastes effects are too short right now for perks. Unbound being 5% for 10 seconds is too low and machine learning is too hard to activate to be any use. Not sure about furtive chase. I think obsession mechanic is probably what makes me shy away from the perk. 30 second should be like a standard duration for these timed haste perks.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808
  • HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,190

Exactly it’s so stupid, like why is Huntress’s purple belt 3% haste for five seconds? Especially when she spends 2 seconds recovering. Yew seed brew essentially made her 3% faster for 30 seconds. They need to bring it back.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,190

It’s literally useless without Franklin’s. Like an easy D Tier perk

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,222

It's the difference between a 110 and a 115 killer, it's a pretty significant impact.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,474

Luckily the items tells you you are in radius, after you know that it's extremely easy to find the items and move it around

Definitely one of the easiest perks to counter for two perk combo

You are effectively killing an already mediocre perk, BHVR gonna do that anyway but still a bad idea

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 192

Indoor maps and keys exist. If we nerfed anti camp because of indoor maps we can nerf a perk.

• Valuetown
    Valuetown Member Posts: 292

It's getting to the point where I genuinely believe some killer mains want to play a PvE game. They don't want survivors to have a chance to escape and feel entitled to 4ks every game with at least 3 gens remaining. They demand every buff in the book, they demand that every even remotely useful survivor perk gets nerfed, they want chases to be over the second they start because they want killer powers to be unavoidable, the list goes on and on.

Some killer mains crying that 3% haste ruined all of their chases, meanwhile almost every killer has some form of built in haste or movement ability. At a certain point, it's the killer players that need to adapt. If a killer player was upset about 3% haste, they've got to be playing a killer like pig, at which point, I'd be more upset about survivors prethrowing the entire map over 3% haste.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,890

completely harmless I never understood the idea of complaining about item perks they don’t remove your ability to progress the game

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,037

Weave is pretty good when paired with Franklin's. Outside of that, it's ok.

There's a couple of changes I'd make to it to make it stand out better by itself:

First, remove the "depleted for the first time" caveat. It doesn't really make much sense to have when there's a bunch of perks that restore item charges. Just make it whenever an item depletes.

Secondly, add a period of time where items specifically dropped by Weave Attunement's effect cannot be immediately picked back up. You can just pick them back up immediately in most cases because you're there when they drop.

If you wanted to make it really good by itself, you could add an effect that reveals the auras of Survivors while they're using an item. That might be too much, though.

Haste has different returns depending on the role. A 5% speed difference on Killer is quite noticeable but not extremely overbearing, but a 7% Haste on Survivor for example makes them REALLY tricky to catch.

The other major issue with Made for This is that it was pretty much unconditional compared to other Haste perks. Pretty much every other Haste perk has some kind of timer or specific condition attached to it, whereas Made for This was pretty much just "be injured".

5% Haste for like 10 seconds at a time is way worse than 3% Haste indefinitely.

Anyway, I don't think Weave Attunement should get a Haste effect, it doesn't fit and there are other, more fitting ways to buff the perk like I've suggested.

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 407

It's definitely strong when paired with Franklin's and an unexpected 'meta' coming to the surface. But it outright tells you it's in play so you don't have to guess, which makes it counterable. And one medkit more or less is not exactly the end of the world.

Besides, it means the killer can only have at maximum 2 slowdown perks. Much better than the 50th quad slowdown P100 anon mode Blight, I tell you.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,199

It's pretty bad when people ACTUALLY know what it does. But I've run into several matches now where people DON'T know what it does and proceed to try hiding in its radius. And as its usage rate goes down, less people will know what it does, which could actually make it stronger in the long run.

Sure, it tells Survivors that something is active, but it doesn't tell them that it's wallhacks, and I'm pretty sure the average player doesn't have every single possible perk memorized, if Chaos Shuffle was anything to go by.

Still doesn't make it above a mid-C tier perk without Franklin's though.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Only use is being meme'y. It's a bad perk. The downside for pick up is irrelevant and if they know you have it they can just use up their item and drop it in the corner of the map anyway.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,443

Yeah, this. Franklin is the only perk which makes Weave somehow viable. And 2 perks combo counter is still just pick up item, lol.

• Devil_hit11

I agree. If i was balancing haste, I would make perks that give consistency haste be 3% permanently so if you invent 4 perks that have unlimited haste bonus, they could at most stack to 12% on killer and every timed duration effect would be at most 5% on 30 second duration timer for a total of 20% haste.

I doubt dbd will ever make 4 chase perks on killer as meta.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,666

It’s good with Franklin’s, but not on its own.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 740

I like Weave Attunement better than Nowhere to Hide on the survivor side at least Weave has the courtesy to announce itself

• Marioneo

When it lasts 10 seconds it does not make any difference

When its permanent and rewarding failure not to mention its 4% yeah its pretty busted. Yet killers haste perks is just 5% for 10 seconds that makes no difference whatsoever

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,408

It's 3% and taking an injure is hardly a failure with how busted reworked maps and killers have become. And the post you replied to was calling for 30 seconds not 10.

Killer mains argued for months that chase speeds were so precariously balanced that any speed increase was completely unfair ("*cough* not bloodlust that doesn't count"). Now every chapter comes with a new killer haste perk and they need buffs? I think not.

• Zakon05
    Zakon05 Member Posts: 181

I can't believe people are still out here trying to defend Made For This or that people don't understand the difference between a permanent 3% speed boost that you are guaranteed to get value out of unless instadowned, versus killer speed boost perks which only last a couple of seconds and usually have a niche trigger condition like "injure a survivor and then vault a window"

Anyway, on the subject of this thread: the Weave Attunement/Franklins combo is technically fine but absurdly annoying.

I don't think it's good design to weaponize the items survivors paid BP to bring into the match with them.

It's also less effective the better the survivors are, which is also not great design.

It will demolish a group of solo queue survivors who can't call it out to each other and may not even know what to do about it or what that little icon in the corner of their screen means. You know, the people you don't even need the combo to beat in the first place.

But it's totally useless against a SWF that checks for it at the start of a match or calls it out. You know, the people you need every edge you can get to beat.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,599
    edited June 19

Trickster got a permanent, unconditional 5% haste buff that didn't completely annihilate the game. Base kit too, so doesn't even take up a perk slot.

Saying that these things are conditional or temporary is just cherry picking.

• Marioneo
    edited June 19

Survivor's many complaints made it pretty clear that buffed Trickster is a uncounterable unfun mess

• Zakon05

I was extremely confused until I realized you meant that Trickster got rebalanced from a 110% speed killer to a 115% speed killer.

So they decided Trickster didn't need the nerfed movespeed which is usually given out to compensate for a strength the killer has elsewhere (Huntress's ranged attacks, Hag's teleportation, Chucky's small hitbox, etc) and moved him up to an average killer movespeed.

They did not take a 115% movespeed killer and move them above the norm permanently.

• Marioneo

10-30 hardly matters yet killers didn't ask for haste perks and addons that's on the failure of the devs who can't properly balance speeds and map design on Survivors sides yet here you are defending MFT like it was a balanced perk that didn't create infinites on maps

What's next gonna say exhaustion perks should be infinite and have no cooldown I think not.

• AmpersandUnderscore

And none of those complaints are about movement speed, since they also basically deleted recoil and made the blades more accurate at the same time.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    edited June 19

Now you're moving the goal post. The fact is, they have him a permanent move speed increase that didn't break the game by itself.

The fact that bloodlust by itself, for every killer, does increase move speed above normal is enough to destroy your argument here. And for the record, bloodlust lasts until the end of the chase, just like MfT.

Go ahead, move the goal post again.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 186

I'm still struggling to understand why some people say it's too strong with franklins. Yeah it's a good combo but the survivor can just put the item in a corner or not bring an item at all and then the killer has 2 perks.

• Zakon05
    edited June 19

The "it's fine because it doesn't do anything if the survivor didn't bring an item" argument falls apart when you flip the script.

Imagine survivors had a perk that punished - not just denied, but actively served as a detriment towards the killer for bringing addons.

The excuse of "it doesn't do anything if the killer doesn't bring addons" is just as silly.

Items/addons are literally the only things of value we get for BP.

It also punishes survivors for interacting with chests, which again if you flipped it around would be a bit like punishing the killer for playing nice and not tunneling/camping. Survivors are actually doing something besides a generator, I do not want to punish them for that.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,149

I think its fine as it is, the easy counter is to pick your item up.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,149

What stops you from picking up the items? you even get a nice icon to tell you when it activates.
    Also items in the blood web are dirt cheap.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 546

Its a very good perk overall. I think its pretty fair with the Franklin's combo. A nice addition to the game.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 249

Vecna + Franklin and Weave is the most fun I’ve ever had in the game, absolutely obnoxious to play against as a solo survivor though to the point I’ve given up on playing that role until the meta changes.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 591
    edited June 19

Since we know how it really works, how to counter it, I think it is fine ?

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 186

While I get the logic with what your saying, comparing addons to items isn't really a good comparison. From my view, items aren't a necessity to win even at the higher levels of skill. For some killers, without addons, the chances of them winning is essentially 0 even at lower levels of skill.

I'm also not saying you can't use the item ever. You can use a medkit and put it down in a corner after healing or a toolbox right before it goes away.

Your last point seems like an issue with objective speeds not the perk combo.

• Devil_hit11

haste perks allow you to go above normal movement threshold and they technically stack with bloodlust. haste doesn't necessary break the game for killer but it makes killer far more likely to be efficient at the chase. BVHR continues to weaken gen defence perks so maybe chase perks is way to go. we'll just be stacking haste perks if they were any good.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,690

What is annoying about this combo with Franklins that in SoloQ most people won't go back to pick up that item and you absolutely won't waste your time running around are where the icon is displeyed since that would just get you killed. Againts good survivors that are organized as a whole this combo is meh.