Once we get Cross Progression, should DBD Base Game be FREE?

D34D_B34TB0X
D34D_B34TB0X Member Posts: 410

It's been 8 years since Dbd released. And now it's practically the Fortnite of the horror genre. That being all the skins and the rifts. There are now probably over 100 characters (haven't counted) each with their own cosmetics. Only flaw of making the base game free is it would be removed from Xbox Game Pass.

Base Survivors: Dwight, Meg, Claudette, Jake, Nea and David.

Base Killers: Trapper, Billy, Wraith, Nurse and Huntress.

And Bhvr's now added those Chapter Packs where you get a bunch of different killers and survivors. I'd say I've made my point, no?

Once we get Cross Progression, should DBD Base Game be FREE? 22 votes

Yes, they should make the Base Game free.
4%
MuTeD_ZENN 1 vote
Depends on the circumstances.
27%
ChikyArchol123SleepyHSoGoTyler3Namtellum 6 votes
No.
68%
OnryosTapeRentalsTragicSolitudeglitchboiBasementDwellerfussySmoeOrangeBearSpirit_IsTheBestMortecaiiJspectYharwickcclainlettuchiaModModer101Rosephene 15 votes

Comments

• Mortecaii
    Mortecaii Member Posts: 64
    No.

Why should DBD be free, if they added cross progression? It's always on sale, at least on steam, and It's pretty cheap for what it is. It's only like 20 USD + you can get a lot of stuff for free by playing the game, besides the licensed killers/survivors.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,660
    No.

If they made the game free to play they'd probably start monetising in other ways. And they'd probably stop with the earnable cosmetics during the events.

• MuTeD_ZENN
    MuTeD_ZENN Member Posts: 1
    Yes, they should make the Base Game free.

I think it would be a good idea because it's been out for 8 YEARS if people have not got the game yet they probably won't (unless they just discovered the game). There is already a decent amount of paid for cosmetics, killers and survivors.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 925

There was that one time it was free and a lot of cheaters took advantage of that.

On the other side, half of the content is locked behind a paywall, so...

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 961
    No.

No. Absolutely never.

Free to play = hackers.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

If they manage to have an anti cheat system that actually works maybe, otherwise not.

• lettuchia
    lettuchia Member Posts: 196
    No.

i really wish i could say yes but so long as dbd doesnt have spyware anti cheat it would create an absolutely awful cheater problem