Event discourse

Options

What are your main gripes for this event? It seems like neither side is having fun or even attempting to have fun. Everyone seems to be complaining about anything and everything and frankly, I don't get. So what seems to be the issues everyone's having?

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,811
    edited June 21
    Options

Right now my gripe is that the killer queue is long, I have to do the killer event Tome challenges on Switch, I hate playing killer on Switch, the performance issues absolutely screw me out of getting these done, it's absolute bullshit that survivors need to hit me with a pallet and I need to be able to fight the input lag and borked fps to activate the Invitation at the right time, and I just hate BHVR for releasing this game on Switch and promising cross-progression which years later we still don't have.

I hate killer-specific event Tome challenges. I hate them. And I can't make survivors throw down pallets, they rush through gens and open the exit gates and then they're asking for a couple minutes of farming and that's way too late, the exit gates are open the Invitations are deactivated, why did you avoid me all match despite me swinging at pallets?

Yeah, I'm very frustrated at the moment. I can deal with the short matches where I get tunneled out when I play survivor, it's stupid but that's fine. This killer ######### on Switch is not fine.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • RedPoncho12
    RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 156
    Options

I think insta hooking is a bit much and the insta heals survivors get on occasion is a bit annoying (even as I’ve only played mostly survivor with my buddy throughout the event).

I’ve had a lot bad mates and people giving up start of the game for various reasons. Perhaps next year they’ll make the event change your perk load out every 60 seconds or something instead of having random (almost) game breaking mechanics come into play

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 801
    Options

I wish they would stop awarding bonus BP for completing event gens. All this does is make survivors focus the gens even harder, which obviously sucks for killers. And worst of all is when:

• You get tunnelled all game while your teammates hoover up all the bonus BP
    • You get a gen to 90%, the killer comes and chases you away, somebody else swoops in and takes your bonus BP

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,792
    Options

the anniversary event definitely tests my patience between the amount of times where I’ve been remote hooked with my wiggle bar 100% oh well guess I didn’t get it

To remote pallet breaks basically being a oh well I lose moment

• Darkest_Night
    Darkest_Night Member Posts: 150
    Options
  • tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 727
    Options

I think either splitting the player base has badly affected match making. Or the players in my usual lobbies are not feeling this event at all and have stayed away (probably a bit of both going on).

My Survivor teams are typically getting turbo stomped by Strong Killers bringing Moris and playing as efficiently as they can (Oni, Blight, Vecna etc). Two or three games of that is more than enough for me, so I switch to play Killer instead for the longest waiting times I've ever experienced. When the lobby does eventually fill up, I might get an experienced SWF clearly above my MMR or a team that's really struggling.

It's also kinda frustrating that all the cosmetics are locked behind completing the tomes. I was fine with how it worked last year with us collecting cosmetics in the trial itself (except for the requirement to escape with an invitation on the Survivor side. That wasn't fair or fun).

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,811
    Options

It's BHVR's fault. They created an event that doesn't add new gameplay elements to have fun with for killers but instead just doubles down on their objective, and so surprise surprise the killers do their objective. Giving survivors new stuff to do isn't useful if you don't give killers new fun stuff to do as well, because if killers aren't devoting time to not killing survivors then survivors don't get to do anything but work on gens and die.

• Darkest_Night
    Darkest_Night Member Posts: 150
    Options

As awesome as that would be, I think that'd end up breaking the engine. It wouldn't be able to handle all the perks switches at once

• RedPoncho12
    RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 156
    Options

maybe you’re right, I dont know. Perhaps instead of all at once, you would have 1 survivors perks change every 15 seconds (to help the engine not overload) so that way the survivors perks change every 60 seconds but not all at the same time.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,451
    Options

it's killer sided. even though i'll say quiet mode is more useful than people give it credit for, killer abilities heavily overwhelm. party pallets are cool for pallet save shenanigans but enduring completely makes them a guaranteed hit in chases (not to mention cheesing it with hubris also) but idk what to do about that because making enduring not affect party pallet stuns would be crazy. at least we have seperate queues now. tryks cards or whatever are not that bad, not that one sided surprisingly except undetectable one, but at least it lasts short.

my only ick (because of seperate ques) is bloodwebs are also killer sided: killers get more than double the cakes survivors do. anni items are cool and all but i obviously prefer cakes lol. sure it probably is better that they don't get the same amount of cakes because survivors can stack them, but less than half is, no.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 656
    Options

More BP, no problem

Power is actually balanced if we look at everything as a whole anyway