Constant crashing or DBD freezing up my whole PC. This has only been happening since the latest grap

lLyonl
lLyonl Member Posts: 8

I'm not sure what else to do. If anyone has a fix it would be welcome.

I am doing the -force -dx11 (or -dx11, tried both) in the launcher. I can only play ONE stable game out of every 10 games.

I did the scannow in CMD, reinstalled DBD, clean installed my entire windows, etc. I have 32GB Ram DDR5 (2 sticks of 16 Ram);

Anyone has a fix? I keep losing important items in my inventory because the game crashes as the game is about to start.

Answers

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

same happened to me and some of my other friends.

We always crashed at the same time as well.

• mrbuttonz
    mrbuttonz Member Posts: 3

Also happening to me. This has been ongoing since the big update to UE5, which was a disaster for a lot of people. This has gotten progressively worse. Sometime crashes on startup, sometimes in the middle of matches. Sometimes I am good for a few days and it all starts again. The things i have tried:

• Added -DX11 to startup.
    • Updated NVIDIA drivers. I've also alternated between Game Ready and Studio drivers, since the latter is sometimes more stable all around.
    • Rolled back NVIDIA drivers to a pre-UE5 version.
    • Reset PC. When I did this, I immediately installed DBD before anything else to rule out some other app interference. It still crashes.
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version released 6/20/2024 and turned off Intel Turbo Boost. The game at least didn't crash at the startup screen anymore, but still crashes mid game.
    • Turned off Anti-Virus (BitDefender). Windows Defender is disabled.
    • Lowered CPU performance as suggested by other stuff I found on the net.

• Extreme_Cheddar
    Extreme_Cheddar Member Posts: 3

I've been having issues with crashing as well, it became the most noticeable after that most recent chapter. Up until then I've had maybe 2 or 3 crashes since I started playing around November or December last year. Now I've had several crashes in the last month, and just today I've had 2 crashes while waiting to find a match that didn't even trigger the crash reporter.

I tried reporting it as a problem but had the ticket closed as being a technical issue and not anything to do with the game.