We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Does Billy need any slight nerfs?

Some are saying he's too oppressive while others don't want him to be changed at all. Personally, I'm indifferent. What do y'all think?

Comments

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808
    edited June 22

i love billy but currently its a constant strobing on off with billy overdrive it needs to be slighty harder to get but last longer when you do get it

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 289

Nope. Not even a little bit. He's strong, but more then managable

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 994

I mean, they could revert the 1 second buff to do the initial curve, this was ridiculous and nobody asked that

I also wanted that when the overdrive ends, he gets a 5 seconds cooldown, just to chill for a bit, and give survivors a reward for surviving the overdrive

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,666
    edited June 22

Basekit, I don’t think so.

I think the cooldown addons + Lopro + Engravings do need changes. Lopro just isn’t really fair anymore with how strong he is now, and the 20% extra sprint speed from Engravings is a little too much when Overdrive is up.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,013

Yeah, some slight Nerfs are warrented. IMO those things can be looked at (not saying that all of them should come):

Cooldown Add Ons —> I still think that he should not have Cooldown Add Ons. Those were bonkers back then and one of the few things (aside from Chargetime) which should have been nerfed. He should sitll not have them back.

Cooldown after Overdrive —> Billy should have a slight Cooldown after being in Overdrive so that he does not generate Overdrive again immediatly. Currently you can farm it pretty good by leaving chase and it should be a bit less common. So that he has to spend a few seconds in his "base Form" without generating Overdrive, before getting it again.

Terror Radius Increase —> A reason why Wesker has 40m Terror Radius is that his abilities allows him to close distance very quickly. The same applies to Billy, even more I would say. While he has his Chainsaw, in Overdrive you have like 1 second to react after hearing his initial Terror Radius before he is on you. So I think at least during Overdrive he should have a bigger Terror Radius.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,013

Change TTM and Throttle to their PTB versions where they were only intended to decrease the cooldowns on successful hits and increase their numbers to their PTB versions. My only problem with Billy atm is just LoPro + TTM combo, other than that I think his kit is fine but replace his useless dissipation add-ons with Leafy Mash and Mother’s Helpers.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 644

He could use a couple numbers tweaks and maybe a cooldown between Overcharges, but he's basically perfect just the way he is.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002

Bring back SkyBilly!

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 916

He shouldn't have overdrive so easily, I feel like increasing the time it takes to get overdrive active but also buffing it's duration would be fair, also they should nerf his turn-rate and speed down a bit.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 138

He's fine, he's always been fine, he never needed to get nerfed in the first place.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,869

Other killer need to be buffed to billy's level to have quick downs. more killer need instant downs.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,237

Technically I like Billy - if I find myself on a tile that you can actually play against him. Of which there aren't too many.

Plus, if a Billy doesn't feel like it, they can just zoom and snipe someone else / zoom and easily find someone who isn't on a tile that helps you against Billy.

That's probably what irks me the most. Atm Billy can just nope out of effort. If they so choose they can just sniff up your butt until it's a guaranteed hit - which doesn't take too long, tbh.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,474

He can be buffed and game would have zero problem, definitely no need for nerfs at all

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259
    edited June 22

we could only hope I miss space billy and space hag both that stuff used to be fun, but you know BHVR fun and excitement outside of holding w isn't allowed

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 546

Well, i think they need at least to revert the turning rate buff. Billy is already one of the strongest killers in the game, there was no reason to buff it further.

Also, his cooldowns when he bumps into something is quite forgiving for the killer. I had situations where i couldn't leave a tile against a Billy even when he bumped every time because he was right at my feet a second later after he crashed into a wall.

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 116
    edited June 22

His turn rate is insanely braindead now, it should be reverted.

Post edited by Jacknalls_Paw on
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,444

LoPro Chains and some of his Overdrive addons need a rework but apart from that he is fine.

• RedPoncho12
    RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157

couldn’t have said it better. To add to that, If they did want to nerf him than yea make it hard for him to get his overdrive. I hadn’t noticed the turn rate buff while playing against him or as him..: as that buff has just came to my attention. If I hadn’t noticed that buff when 4 years ago all you would see is spirits and Billy’s… while I also have about 500 hours on him…. The turn rate probably isn’t an issue. So I don’t think that would be a necessary change

• RedPoncho12

as far as add ons, I can’t speak on what needs to be buffed or nerfed because I don’t use them. I’m not one of those “chain saw hit only” types either

• RedPoncho12
    edited June 22

• RedPoncho12

Yeah but if he doesn’t hit you (which in most cases from a long distance chain saw spring is likely he won’t) than him getting close to you and getting the cooldown he gets before he can m1 does gives survivors a good amount of distance on him to make it to a pallet unless the surv ran into a dead zone

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 656

Hillbilly is a Killer which needs good coordination and communation from Survivor side. That's why many people don't like him - it requires something more than doing a Generator & sometimes rescue someone from the hook.

But there is one thing I would change on him - his Intial Turn rate from 1 second to 0.75 seconds (revert) and that's all.

I would also change his useless Add-Ons to something better.

• Baixaki
    Baixaki Member Posts: 14

Increase his chain charge time